Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CR by Golf Star @ MBGC

Go down 
+5
hardrock
pug
Birdman
sunny
bian1980
9 posters
AuthorMessage
bian1980
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
bian1980

CR by Golf Star @ MBGC Empty
PostSubject: CR by Golf Star @ MBGC   CR by Golf Star @ MBGC I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 5:42 pm

Hi Guys,

anyone took the CR from the above mentioned recently?

i am taking on this Sat. very nervous.

how do they conduct the test?

the tester will sit in one buggy with you?

not sure if i am ready or not. if not they also not sure when is the next available date fot the next CR.
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: CR by Golf Star @ MBGC   CR by Golf Star @ MBGC I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 5:57 pm

the tester will sit on separate buggy but would count for you.

Just make sure you observe all the safety stuff such as shouting fore, keeping a safe distance etc.

Then make sure you play according to proper pace and rack bunkers, repair divots etc etc...
Back to top Go down
Http://thescarletibis.wordpress.com
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: CR by Golf Star @ MBGC   CR by Golf Star @ MBGC I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 6:11 pm

Not sure how they do it these days, but years ago, a courtesy round is to ensure that you know the rules and your etiquette, nothing to do with the way you play. Nothing to be nervous about, it's not a driving test. Tester should be friendly to make you feel at ease, or at the worst, bored... from having to go through so many tests. So be friendly to him I guess. Being nervous yourself will do you no good, cos you will tend to forget your rules and etiquette.

Just remember:

Safety - "fore" and keeping your distance fm the flight behind, and in front before teeing off.
Speed of play - don't delay
Fill in all divots
Rake all bunkers - not just your own mess, a few foot prints around you might even impress the tester
Repair pitch marks on the green.
Back to top Go down
pug
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
pug

PostSubject: Re: CR by Golf Star @ MBGC   CR by Golf Star @ MBGC I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 6:45 pm

Had my HCP test taken there as well. My group of 4 was so nervous that we completely screwed up the first few holes. So do not panic and just enjoy the game.

Tips:
1. Speed of play. Do not think that you are "VIP" because you are taking the test. We were so caught up in the test that we do everything so swee swee that we were delaying play. After awhile, the marshals complained to our tester and it affected our game after. Hence, talk to the other three and have an understanding to speed up as much as possible. For example, in a casual game, sometimes we would putt first while someone is getting ready to chip to save time. Not during the test. So you have to create more time by being faster during the tee/FW shots.

2. You will be playing either the first or second 9 holes. You can check with the reception. Good to know to prepare yourself. I feel more relieved knowing that I do not have to play the island hole.

3. Do not be too concerned about the score since you are not keeping score but the tester is. So just enjoy the game.
Back to top Go down
hardrock
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
hardrock

PostSubject: Re: CR by Golf Star @ MBGC   CR by Golf Star @ MBGC I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 10:06 pm

not to worry so much take it easy... i just pass mine 2 week ago

main concern the pro is look for repair pitch marks, rake in bunkers and your rules etiquette

take it easy for the game!!

Good luck and all the best.
Back to top Go down
hardrock
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
hardrock

PostSubject: Re: CR by Golf Star @ MBGC   CR by Golf Star @ MBGC I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 10:13 pm

Hi Bro, if you still have time to read this, my last minute advice will be :

1) Watch out for the flight in front of you. Make sure that they are far ahead of you. Best would be to wait until you are sure IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO REACH THEM ON ONE OF THOSE PERFECT IMPACT. Make sure you shout FORE if your ball does look like threatening the front flight or taking refuge into your neighbour's fairway.

2) Don't try to impress the tester with the driver. I would rather take a slow easy shot on the driver and make sure it landed in the fairway than bombed a shot which landed OB or otherwise and then the rules of the golf comes into play making things difficult if you are unsure of your rules. So if you kept the ball in play, then don't have to quote the rules.

3) Rake bunkers if you are coming out from one, repair divots regardless of whether on the green or fairways, ALWAYS BRING along your bottle of sand when you alight from your buggy except when you are already on the green of course!

4) Be steady la. You are a season golfer so just play like when you are having a good day at the course with your kakis. There is absolutely no reason why you should fail HC test nor anyone else at that.

5) I won't say good luck because I know the outcome already. And don't say I didn't warn you if you come back with too good a score and get a HC of 18 or better and then your trouble will really start in the near future when all your flight mates will be demanding 5-5, 7-7 from you kekekeke.

This was read by our bro Tituman when i taking me test recently... very useful!!!!
Back to top Go down
Seiko
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Seiko

PostSubject: Re: CR by Golf Star @ MBGC   CR by Golf Star @ MBGC I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 11:02 pm

hardrock wrote:

main concern the pro is look for repair pitch marks, rake in bunkers and your rules etiquette

HR, U nvr tell pple to score birdie just like u during HCP test! damn selfish lei u... ROFL ROFL ROFL
Back to top Go down
Seiko
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Seiko

PostSubject: Re: CR by Golf Star @ MBGC   CR by Golf Star @ MBGC I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 11:03 pm

Hi bian1980, gd luck to your HCP test and I'm sure u will pass with flying colors!! Score some pars or birdies ok? Swing
Back to top Go down
VV
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
VV

PostSubject: Re: CR by Golf Star @ MBGC   CR by Golf Star @ MBGC I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 11:32 pm

Wah! There are a lot of good advice. I'm taking my CR next thurs too! Thanks for all the tips! (Though not for me lah!) Smile
Back to top Go down
bian1980
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
bian1980

PostSubject: Re: CR by Golf Star @ MBGC   CR by Golf Star @ MBGC I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 10:30 am

thank you all for the advice. i not really very season golfers. will remember all the advice.

hope to get my HCP and chong with all the golfers here.

thanks.
Back to top Go down
hardrock
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
hardrock

PostSubject: Re: CR by Golf Star @ MBGC   CR by Golf Star @ MBGC I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 12:30 pm

Seiko wrote:
hardrock wrote:

HR, U nvr tell pple to score birdie just like u during HCP test! damn selfish lei u... ROFL ROFL ROFL

bro.. is by luck la
Back to top Go down
Victor3112
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Victor3112

PostSubject: Re: CR by Golf Star @ MBGC   CR by Golf Star @ MBGC I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 12:53 pm

bian1980 wrote:
thank you all for the advice. i not really very season golfers. will remember all the advice.

hope to get my HCP and chong with all the golfers here.

thanks.

VV, I don't see you have a problem passing. Just play like you normally do at MBGC + pitch mark repair, you will be there liao.

Good Luck.
Back to top Go down
bian1980
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
bian1980

PostSubject: Re: CR by Golf Star @ MBGC   CR by Golf Star @ MBGC I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 1:19 pm

btw can i find out what are the major faults in golf that can give me immediate failure?

i know a few like hitting off when the flight is in front.

buggy on green.

hit wrong ball.

anything else that i need to take note of?

thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: CR by Golf Star @ MBGC   CR by Golf Star @ MBGC I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 2:07 pm

bian1980 wrote:
btw can i find out what are the major faults in golf that can give me immediate failure?

i know a few like hitting off when the flight is in front.

buggy on green.

hit wrong ball.

anything else that i need to take note of?

thanks in advance.

Sure failure is trying to drive at the T Box with a putter. Thats a NO NO! Gives the tester a bad impression of you! kekekkek....just kidding la. Just relax and follow the advices given here by forerunners and you will do just fine. GOOD LUCK Bro. Remember...Relak la.... Cool Cool

Titu Swing
Back to top Go down
bian1980
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
bian1980

PostSubject: Re: CR by Golf Star @ MBGC   CR by Golf Star @ MBGC I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 2:23 pm

i will try too.. the last time i so kan chong is my driving test only.

now test again haha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CR by Golf Star @ MBGC   CR by Golf Star @ MBGC I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CR by Golf Star @ MBGC
Page 1 of 1