Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

golf instructor MIA during lesson

Go down 
+34
Straightman
ghoonk
Ron Lee
JK
alvin7379
weesern
daveaha
gomjgo
RegiT
jhan18
Khorkar
mUAr_cHEe
ESTan
sassafras
skybobo
Duval_S
alangolf
weich
jurongtiger
nientsu
darkglax
eiji
siaw8
Agumon
DGman
dodo
Technospaz
jtek
zephyr_bloom
Cyp_PGA
garfield
sunny
Seiko
jeronlee
38 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
jeronlee
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

golf instructor MIA during lesson Empty
PostSubject: golf instructor MIA during lesson   golf instructor MIA during lesson I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 10:58 pm

i just started a beginner's package with a group of friends and attended few lessons so far.

while the instructor was friendly and flexible with our schedule, we were not totally comfortable with the fact that he usually spends around 30 min with us and MIA every now and then.

just wondering if this is normal among the golf coaches to leave you to practice on your own half the time.

most of us are serious about getting a handicap so we are contemplating if we should continue with him for the intermediate phase.

i also understand from him that the handicap will be maintained by either a club in JB or Batam, not any club in singapore. is that normal too?
Back to top Go down
Seiko
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Seiko

PostSubject: Re: golf instructor MIA during lesson   golf instructor MIA during lesson I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 11:07 pm

Hi Jeronlee,

Do u mind telling us where your instructor from? I might be having the same instructor as u.
Back to top Go down
jeronlee
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: golf instructor MIA during lesson   golf instructor MIA during lesson I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 11:10 pm

hi seiko, mine's at sin ming.
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: golf instructor MIA during lesson   golf instructor MIA during lesson I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 11:14 pm

Jeron, I do not think it is normal. A gd coach would spend time with you rather than mia.

Having handicap maintained by non sga affiliated club might give you problem playing in certain sg courses at times. If you join an sg club in future, you would not be able to transfer your handicap too.
Back to top Go down
Http://thescarletibis.wordpress.com
garfield
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
garfield

Location : Latitude: 1º22´ North of the Equator, Longitude: 103º48´ East of Greenwich

PostSubject: Re: golf instructor MIA during lesson   golf instructor MIA during lesson I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 11:35 pm

The most 2-3min short break in between to have a quick drink to quench the thirst or need to run to the washroom n they should be back. Most coaches will be too busy coaching one student to the other, if it's a group. My poor coach cannot siam or eat snake cos it's one to one. Ha ha.
Back to top Go down
jeronlee
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: golf instructor MIA during lesson   golf instructor MIA during lesson I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 11:46 pm

from a fellow forum bro who took lessons under the same coach as mine, its confirmed that MIA is his trademark. looks like we will most likely finish the beginners lesson with him and go to another coach for intermediate/hcp.

my friends just love MBGC but the general feedback for star golf is really not encouraging.
Back to top Go down
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

PostSubject: Re: golf instructor MIA during lesson   golf instructor MIA during lesson I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 12:07 am

Just go for real coach that are qualify like green fairways ... there is plenty of them which are very especially mine ...PM me if u want his number
Back to top Go down
zephyr_bloom
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
zephyr_bloom

PostSubject: Re: golf instructor MIA during lesson   golf instructor MIA during lesson I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 12:17 am

Sin Ming? Hah.. Maybe I had the same coach as you. Although I paid for one-to-one coaching (supposed to get a hcp at end of it), he had the audacity to conduct group lessons at the same time. Most of his attention was also on his mobile phone.

Midway thru' the course, he suggested that i shld join his different groups of students to play at Batam more frequently before learning woods, driver and going for hcp test. Believing that I would glean more insights, i went. But he left my group after seeing us tee-off!?!

When I told him I didn't need to join his Batam trips to practise for my hcp test as my frens would accomp me to the local club or msia, he tsk-tsk me. He said I won't improve if he wasn't present to correct my mistakes and my frens would get frustrated playing with me as my standard was not good enuf! In short, he was more bent on milking $$$ from me before my last lesson.

And he was always flying off (organising overseas trips) and unavail to teach for weeks. It was soo... disruptive. I got fed up and simply stopped going for his lessons.
Back to top Go down
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

PostSubject: Re: golf instructor MIA during lesson   golf instructor MIA during lesson I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 12:25 am

what is the name of the coach then member can be aware to not frequent this coach
Back to top Go down
jtek
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: golf instructor MIA during lesson   golf instructor MIA during lesson I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 12:40 am

Well it is common.

I had very very bad experience at Sim Ming too. Can find my post to know my story...

In fact I had heard so many complaints about the coaches at Sim Ming after what I had been thru. I'm not trying to hit all on this boat bcos of few bad blood but it is just that the coaches there are too much.

Well, I ended up with Gary Edwin at OCC. Try out Paul, he's really good.
Back to top Go down
Seiko
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Seiko

PostSubject: Re: golf instructor MIA during lesson   golf instructor MIA during lesson I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 9:28 am

Cyp_PGA wrote:
what is the name of the coach then member can be aware to not frequent this coach

I think better not to name the coach openly!
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: golf instructor MIA during lesson   golf instructor MIA during lesson I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 9:42 am

I don't think it's normal for any coach to go MIA. If they need to step away for urgent matters, they would inform the student. You, after all, pay for their services for the full duration.
Back to top Go down
dodo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
dodo

PostSubject: Re: golf instructor MIA during lesson   golf instructor MIA during lesson I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 10:38 am

it happened to me eons ago at OCC too; that "FT" coach liked to chat up the pretty girls at the drinks shop for sometimes 20 minutes at a stretch while he makes us buy 100 balls each and finish in 40 min of lesson. lucky we were a group and enjoyed our own company. But I see some value in going on the course with a coach if you have not been to a real course too many times. Those eons ago, we paid less than $300 each for 10 lessons, 6 of us; price included a 9-hole at Aranda course in OCC with buggy with the same coach, we learned most of what we needed for PC test during that 3 hours of digging holes, filling divots, what to do if OB, hit water, enter sand, under a tree, lost balls, on and around the green, and what it felt like to hit balls on grass and off a tee box, so consider an outing if it is not too expensive.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: golf instructor MIA during lesson   golf instructor MIA during lesson I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 10:42 am

if you book for an hour massage and the masseur goes away for half the time. would you still pay for the one hour service?

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
Agumon
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Agumon

PostSubject: Re: golf instructor MIA during lesson   golf instructor MIA during lesson I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 10:49 am

usually 30 min gao dim liao.. happy endings........!!!
Back to top Go down
siaw8
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
siaw8

PostSubject: Re: golf instructor MIA during lesson   golf instructor MIA during lesson I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 10:51 am

Depends on what kind of massage....
Back to top Go down
jeronlee
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: golf instructor MIA during lesson   golf instructor MIA during lesson I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 3:20 pm

don't think i will name the coach openly as he's overall a nice guy just that his teaching methodology a bit cow boy style.

for those who pm me asking for his name, i will reply you guys in private after i've clocked enough posts to pm Very Happy
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: golf instructor MIA during lesson   golf instructor MIA during lesson I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 3:26 pm

doubt you should name him, but the kind of behavior is very unprofessional.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
darkglax
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: golf instructor MIA during lesson   golf instructor MIA during lesson I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 3:28 pm

Yeah this coach from my exp is too busy with his other obligations to concentrate on teaching his students well.
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: golf instructor MIA during lesson   golf instructor MIA during lesson I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 3:33 pm

honestly if you wanna continue, you should give justin Han a shot.
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: golf instructor MIA during lesson   golf instructor MIA during lesson I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 3:47 pm

Good example. or a 45 minute session somewhere else.

DGman wrote:
if you book for an hour massage and the masseur goes away for half the time. would you still pay for the one hour service?

DGman
Back to top Go down
jeronlee
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: golf instructor MIA during lesson   golf instructor MIA during lesson I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 4:33 pm

justin han from which academy/club?

nientsu wrote:
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: golf instructor MIA during lesson   golf instructor MIA during lesson I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 4:35 pm

jeronlee wrote:

nientsu wrote:

That means you don read the postings here do you?
Go to, 'New coach on the block'. Though he is new, he is a nice and honest guy. Many people here will vouch for him.....
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: golf instructor MIA during lesson   golf instructor MIA during lesson I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 4:36 pm

jeronlee wrote:

nientsu wrote:

check this link for Justin's into. http://www.golfrepublic.org/ask-the-pro-f17/new-coach-on-the-block-t3550-15.htm
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
jeronlee
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: golf instructor MIA during lesson   golf instructor MIA during lesson I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 4:57 pm

thanks eiji.

i'm learning in a group and my friends might be reluctant to travel to warren.

i guess i shall make do with the 30-min massage since i've paid for the package in full and learn from another coach later on to get a hcp.

eiji wrote:
jeronlee wrote:

nientsu wrote:

check this link for Justin's into. http://www.golfrepublic.org/ask-the-pro-f17/new-coach-on-the-block-t3550-15.htm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: golf instructor MIA during lesson   golf instructor MIA during lesson I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

golf instructor MIA during lesson
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next