Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Volunteers for HSBC Womens' Champion

Go down 
+25
missmoon
golfamigo
mysticsea
rangereye
botak
Ron Lee
mUAr_cHEe
SAMSON
Lamts18
Laura_Ng
Tian
babusk
hardrock
mloy
sunny
ChrisD
golfchowmk
JonL_TK
planer
daveaha
WaLau
nientsu
ralphlim
mervyntan
nemo
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
mysticsea
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
mysticsea

Volunteers for HSBC Womens' Champion - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Volunteers for HSBC Womens' Champion   Volunteers for HSBC Womens' Champion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 2:03 pm

Hi guys

OT a little. Anyone knows wats the goodie bag this year and wat is in there?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
golfamigo
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
golfamigo

PostSubject: Re: Volunteers for HSBC Womens' Champion   Volunteers for HSBC Womens' Champion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 2:42 pm

I think the following are in the goodie bag

1) Adidas Bag
2) Foldable golf umbrella
3) HSBC Cap
4) 1 sleeve of Taylormade Burner balls
5) HSBC t shirt
Back to top Go down
http://www.ivangolf.com
missmoon
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
missmoon

PostSubject: Re: Volunteers for HSBC Womens' Champion   Volunteers for HSBC Womens' Champion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 2:47 pm

wahhh.. where to get the goodie bag?
Back to top Go down
http://www.golfrepublic.org
mysticsea
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
mysticsea

PostSubject: Re: Volunteers for HSBC Womens' Champion   Volunteers for HSBC Womens' Champion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 4:34 pm

golfamigo wrote:
I think the following are in the goodie bag

1) Adidas Bag
2) Foldable golf umbrella
3) HSBC Cap
4) 1 sleeve of Taylormade Burner balls
5) HSBC t shirt

thanks man
Back to top Go down
ralphlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
ralphlim

PostSubject: Re: Volunteers for HSBC Womens' Champion   Volunteers for HSBC Womens' Champion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 5:27 pm

got goodie bag meh? so shiok ah....

anyway, looking forward to meeting fellow volunteers early early tomorrow am.... TMCC got provide breakfast for volunteers or not?

hungry at 630am leh...if bo, i will dabdo roti...
Back to top Go down
missmoon
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
missmoon

PostSubject: Re: Volunteers for HSBC Womens' Champion   Volunteers for HSBC Womens' Champion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 5:28 pm

got breakfast for volunteer..
Back to top Go down
ralphlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
ralphlim

PostSubject: Re: Volunteers for HSBC Womens' Champion   Volunteers for HSBC Womens' Champion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 5:33 pm

thank you ms yue liang... got food got energy to stand under the sun...
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Volunteers for HSBC Womens' Champion   Volunteers for HSBC Womens' Champion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 6:45 pm

missmoon wrote:

American Breakfast buffet, with scrambled eggs?????
Back to top Go down
missmoon
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
missmoon

PostSubject: Re: Volunteers for HSBC Womens' Champion   Volunteers for HSBC Womens' Champion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 6:47 pm

ehhh.. dont expect too much..
nothing fantastic (accordingly to sunny)
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: Volunteers for HSBC Womens' Champion   Volunteers for HSBC Womens' Champion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 6:48 pm

nientsu wrote:
missmoon wrote:

American Breakfast buffet, with scrambled eggs?????

U think it's hotel breakfast ? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Volunteers for HSBC Womens' Champion   Volunteers for HSBC Womens' Champion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 6:50 pm

Just checking lah......

I tot with so many americans playing, they wud cater american breakfast.
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: Volunteers for HSBC Womens' Champion   Volunteers for HSBC Womens' Champion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 6:55 pm

nientsu wrote:
Just checking lah......

I tot with so many americans playing, they wud cater american breakfast.

But many many koreans also leh... they'll give you kimchi breakfast lunch teabreak and dinner ! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Volunteers for HSBC Womens' Champion   Volunteers for HSBC Womens' Champion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 6:59 pm

If thats the case....I will tell myself that I will be slim after sunday cos I cant eat any kimchi....
Back to top Go down
hardrock
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
hardrock

PostSubject: Re: Volunteers for HSBC Womens' Champion   Volunteers for HSBC Womens' Champion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 7:07 pm

breakfast is a simple one, we wil hv banana, apple and some cake to eat during our duty... water is not a problem
Back to top Go down
hardrock
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
hardrock

PostSubject: Re: Volunteers for HSBC Womens' Champion   Volunteers for HSBC Womens' Champion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 7:10 pm

ralphlim wrote:
got goodie bag meh? so shiok ah....

anyway, looking forward to meeting fellow volunteers early early tomorrow am.... TMCC got provide breakfast for volunteers or not?

hungry at 630am leh...if bo, i will dabdo roti...

no goodie bag la
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: Volunteers for HSBC Womens' Champion   Volunteers for HSBC Womens' Champion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 8:23 pm

Goodie bag only for hsbc's customers who invest enough to get an invite
Back to top Go down
Http://thescarletibis.wordpress.com
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: Volunteers for HSBC Womens' Champion   Volunteers for HSBC Womens' Champion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 9:37 pm

F. MARSHALS GUIDELINES
The Marshal’s primary role is to ensure that the players can compete without being disturbed or inconvenienced by
spectators or media representatives.
Nevertheless, it must be remembered that spectators have paid to watch and an important part of the Marshal’s role
is to ensure that they can do so and that their visit to the Tournament is made as enjoyable as possible.
1. General DO’S and DON’T’S
• Know where you are meant to be, when you are meant to be there and what you are meant to be doing
when you get there.
• Keep spectators behind the ropes.
• Avoid standing in front of the on-course advertising signs.
• Do not speak to a player unless she speaks to you.
• Avoid obstructing the spectator’s view. If you have spectators behind you crouch down.
• Only raise your QUIET PLEASE bat when absolutely necessary. If you have to use it, raise it at arms
length, keep still and face the spectators at whom you are directing it.
• When you are close to a player imagine you are taking the shot – would you like someone standing where
you are? If in doubt stand still and do nothing, but watch your shadow does not fall across the player’s
line.
• Encourage spectators to walk, never to run.
• Do not shout. Commands to spectators in a moderate, courteous tone will generally receive a better
response.
• Never get into a confrontation with a spectator. Avoid any argumentative situation and on NO account
resort to any kind of physical contact. If the situation warrants it, advise your sector marshal who can
enlist the assistance of the police who will have a presence at the Tournament.
• Always be aware of what is going on both with the players and the spectators.
Page 5 of 11
• If you are standing next to another marshal you are probably not doing your job properly.
• You armband is your badge of office. It must be kept secure at all times and never lent to anyone else.
When you are off duty, remove your armband and if you want to watch the golf you do so from outside the
ropes.
2. Fairway Access
Only those persons with the following, clearly identifiable armbands are permitted inside the ropes: MARSHAL,
MEDIA, TV, OFFICIAL, SCORER, RULES & PHOTO.
3. Media and Photographers must walk down the rope lines NEVER in the middle of the fairway. If
necessary they should be politely asked to kneel down so as not to obstruct the spectator’s view. Both MEDIA and
PHOTOGRAPHERS are issued with numbered armbands for identification purposes. If a marshal experiences any
difficulties with a member of the media or a photographer his armband number should be noted and a report made
to the Chief Marshal.
4. Cameras
The only cameras permitted on the golf course are those in the possession of accredited photographers who will (or
should be) be wearing a numbered photo armband.
Any unauthorised camera use should be discouraged and the culprit asked to desist because the noise of the shutter
and/or the flash is highly distracting to the players when they are over their shots.
5. Handphones
Handphones and pagers should be switched off while the owner is on the golf course. Again, anyone disregarding
or forgetting this instruction (which is generally printed on the tickets and displayed on signs at course entrance
points) should be admonished and told to switch it off right away.
6. Tees
Where appropriate, wait for flag signal. Pay particular attention of likely disturbance or movement (crossings,
roads, nearby tees). Keep spectators still and quiet until all players have driven. Signal by hand if necessary to the
marshal at the landing area the direction of the drive.
7. Landing Areas
Watch for signal from the tee marshal. Guard the ball if it finishes outside the ropes. If necessary, move spectators
away from the ball and the line to the hole. Make sure the player has plenty of room to play his intended shot.
Move ropes and stakes at players request. Be sure to replace them after the shot, it is worth having a tee in your
pocket to mark the hole where the stake has been (it is easier to replace in the original hole).
8. Greens
Before players reach the green, make sure the crowds have settled. Ensure that there is no disturbance or
movement until all the players have putted out.
9. Crossings
Spectators must be kept within the white lines. They should be kept moving and should be encouraged to keep to
the right, walking briskly but not encouraged to run. Spectators must be moved off the crossings as soon as it is
closed.
10. Dress
Marshals must wear the uniform provided when on duty. Always appear neat and well presented. Wear normal
trousers, not jeans. Ladies may wear skirts or trousers. Golf trousers are acceptable, though they should not be
extravagantly coloured or designed. You will carry more authority and spectators will give you more respect if you
look smart.
Page 6 of 11
11. Responsibility
Each marshal is allotted a certain duty and the position and times at which they should be there. You must arrive in
good time for your spell of duty. Please do not leave your post until your relief turns up, or until you receive
alternative instructions. If the relief does not turn up on time, notify your hole controller and stay in position until
someone arrives. The post must not be left unattended. If a marshal feels unwell, or otherwise debilitated, he
should ask someone to notify the hole controller at once. Obviously, if serious the Emergency procedure is carried
out.
12. Travelling Marshals (TM)
Travelling marshals should read the whole of these guidelines and not just the part on travelling marshals as you
have a crucial part to play in the overall success of the tournament. TM’s constant attention to details is required,
think ahead anticipating situations from past experience using your common sense and golfing knowledge.
Never walk together in the middle of the fairway.
Remember you are a team working together to give the best marshalling possible. The scorers are also part of that
team and if you think they require assistance please help.
The leap-frogging method will be used. First marshal on the tee, second marshal at landing area. First marshal
walks with the game to the landing area, walking up the side ropes watching the spectators in relation to the
players. Second marshal proceeds to the green.
When a ball is among the spectators outside the ropes. The marshal at the Landing Area must stay with it until the
player arrives. The Tee Marshal should by-pass and go on to the green (this is where team work is very necessary).
In such a situation the ball must not be touched and no ropes or cables moved without the immediate authority of
the player. If ropes or cables are shifted they must be replaced.
TM’s should keep an eye out for the Sector Controller as he may advise you on particular problems ahead. Please
never leave your designated game unless instructed to do so by the Sector Controller. If there is a problem tell the
Sector Controller. The TM on the Tee can signal with the QUITE PLEASE board if a shot is left or right.
13. Crossing Marshals
Know your shift times and report in at least 30 minutes before your start. You are incomplete charge of your
crossing and have a rope gate, which you will use to open and close the crossing. There are two conflicting
priorities on crossing points:
a. Ensure that the players are not affected by spectators using the crossing and,
b. Assist the spectators to cross as soon as it is safe and convenient to do so.
The crossing must be cleared of spectators in plenty of time to ensure that play is not interrupted. Always talk and
humour the spectators as they wait to cross. If there is a disorderly element among those waiting, observe their
appearance and what they are wearing. Pass the information on to the Sector Controller. Never get involved or
cause a scene.
Always encourage spectators to walk, not run and keep to the right of the crossings. When closing the crossing it
must be cleared as quickly as possible, spectators are not allowed to spectate from the crossings.
Do not talks to the players, if they speak to you answer courteously and briefly. When controlling spectators
always be firmed but courteous, keep your voice calm and never shout.
14. Grandstand and Marshals
As players approach, see that all in the stand are settled. There must be no movement up or down the stairways
when players are on the tee. Spectators are not allowed to view from the stairways.
Report any unruly behaviour. Loud unpleasant jeering comes under that heading. Do not get involved.
Page 7 of 11
If you see a camera being used or camera flashes, do not take action that may distract players. Once you are sure
there would be no distraction to the players, asks the culprit politely to put his camera away.
Remember, being pleasant to spectators costs nothing. A smile and good morning or afternoon works wonders.
15. Quite Please Boards and Stand Still Please (QPB)
These boards can be a useful tool when used properly but they should only be used when REALLY necessary.
There is no point in raising it if the spectators are settled and quiet. It simply distracts the spectators and more
importantly sudden movement can upset the players. You should however use it when there is some crowd
disturbance or movement. Always face the problem. A marshal who stands watching play and raises the QPB just
before the player makes a stroke is likely to ENCOURAGE a disturbance not to mention the annoyance of the
player. The QPB is useful when; there is a noise at the back of a group of spectators, and those at the back cannot
see a marshal’s hand signal. Or for instance a vehicle is approaching, even at a small distance, and the driver is not
aware that he may be causing a distracting noise. The QPB can attract the driver’s attention and the marshal can
indicate the vehicle to stop. It is important that the marshal faces the vehicle. If the engine is running, indicate by
holding out your hand and turning it as if you were turning off the ignition.
16. Emergency Procedure
No matter where you are on the course, make yourself aware of the FIRST AID POINTS. If there is need for
immediate aid, find the nearest radio. The Sector Marshal, Scorers, Police, Referees, all have one. Sometimes the
First Aid point is only minutes away and if this is the case it may be quicker to walk to the post but ensure someone
stays with the injured person. When reporting an accident, be specific about what is required and where it is
required. If someone has collapsed, use the word COLLAPSE in your message. If it is a head injury state: BALL
STRIKE, BUMPED INTO OBSTACLE, etc. State clearly if the person is conscious or unconscious. State your
accurate location on the course. Pass the message quickly and accurately, and then clear your radio allowing the
services to have all communication space to operate. It is advisable not to talk on the radio when you are close to
the injured person. If over heard you may cause anxiety. Having passed your message, stay by the casualty until
assistance arrives. Keep spectators CLEAR. Watch for the arrival of any aid (ambulance, buggies, etc), ensure
there is a clear passage for the assistance, and don’t hesitate to enlist the help of spectators, who, as a rule will be
responsive and extremely helpful.
Confidentiality – If after an accident you are approached particularly by the media, do not give out any information
even if you have it. Direct any questions to the Tournament Office.
Fire – Take steps to put it out. If this clearly is not possible, get a message through to the Tournament Office as
fast as possible.
Police – If you require police assistance, again get a radio message through to the Tournament Office.
17. Major Incident
It is anticipated that the main risks would be a fire in public catering or hospitality areas, a calor gas explosion in
any of the catering units or even a stand collapsing. A major incident is defined as one, which because of the
number and severity of the casualties will require special arrangements to be made by the medical and front line
services. The front line services will instruct the Senior Marshal where to control the general public. In such an
eventuality the marshals’ main job will be to keep routes clear for the emergency services and keep the spectators
away from the effected areas.
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: Volunteers for HSBC Womens' Champion   Volunteers for HSBC Womens' Champion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 11:26 pm

My shirt size L, is a bit too big for me... anyone has spare M size (or willing to trade with L size) ?
Back to top Go down
missmoon
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
missmoon

PostSubject: Re: Volunteers for HSBC Womens' Champion   Volunteers for HSBC Womens' Champion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 11:27 pm

daveaha wrote:
My shirt size L, is a bit too big for me... anyone has spare M size (or willing to trade with L size) ?

hey.. im joining the volunteering team too..
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: Volunteers for HSBC Womens' Champion   Volunteers for HSBC Womens' Champion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 11:34 pm

missmoon wrote:
daveaha wrote:

hey.. im joining the volunteering team too..

Yup. See you tomorrow Wink

But my shirt looks funny on me Sad
Back to top Go down
nemo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
nemo

PostSubject: Re: Volunteers for HSBC Womens' Champion   Volunteers for HSBC Womens' Champion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 11:44 pm

See the both of you tomorrow... leave some breakfast for me. hee hee
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: Volunteers for HSBC Womens' Champion   Volunteers for HSBC Womens' Champion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 11:46 pm

nemo wrote:
See the both of you tomorrow... leave some breakfast for me. hee hee

Nemo ,, any balls , pls keep for me ah .. Tks.

lam
Back to top Go down
nemo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
nemo

PostSubject: Re: Volunteers for HSBC Womens' Champion   Volunteers for HSBC Womens' Champion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 11:51 pm

Yes yes will do... Mr Lam.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: Volunteers for HSBC Womens' Champion   Volunteers for HSBC Womens' Champion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 11:53 pm

nemo wrote:
Yes yes will do... Mr Lam.. Very Happy

Thank you !!! Very Happy
i will be at Garden tomorrow too if the weather is nice ..
Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
ChrisD

PostSubject: Re: Volunteers for HSBC Womens' Champion   Volunteers for HSBC Womens' Champion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 1:05 am

I should be coming over on Sunday if there are
still tickets for me and hoelwill.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Volunteers for HSBC Womens' Champion   Volunteers for HSBC Womens' Champion - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Volunteers for HSBC Womens' Champion
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next