Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Geoff Ogilvy Defends in Hawaii

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Titleist
Titleist Staff
Titleist

Geoff Ogilvy Defends in Hawaii Empty
PostSubject: Geoff Ogilvy Defends in Hawaii   Geoff Ogilvy Defends in Hawaii I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 11:54 pm

Playing in his first event as one of Titleist's newest Brand Ambassadors, Geoff Ogilvy defended his SBS Championship with a one shot win at the PGA TOUR's season-opening, winners-only tournament. Ogilvy rallied from a two-shot deficit with 10 holes to play, closing with a 6-under 67 to finish at 22-under 270. It marked the seventh career PGA TOUR title for Ogilvy, who fired four consecutive rounds in the 60's for the second straight year on the Plantation Course at Kapalua.

Titleist was the golf ball choice of more players in the limited 28-player field with 15, three times the nearest competitor with 5. Titleist was also the favorite in the wedge category with 19 in play.

What's in Geoff Ogilvy's Titleist Bag:
Pro V1 golf ball, Titleist 909D3 driver (9.5), Cobra S9-1 fairway metals (15, 18), Titleist MB irons (3-9), Vokey Design Spin Milled CC pitching (50), sand (55) and lob (60) wedges, Scotty Cameron prototype putter.
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Ogilvy Defends in Hawaii   Geoff Ogilvy Defends in Hawaii I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 9:40 am

saw this on the Titleist website:

... Fellow Titleist Brand Ambassador Steve Stricker recorded the longest drive of the event, using his 909D3 driver to bomb a drive of 424 yards on the 516-yard 7th hole in Round 2...

Was the ball rolling downslope or that's his actual 100% driver shot? I thought Steve is not well known for his driving distance?
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Ogilvy Defends in Hawaii   Geoff Ogilvy Defends in Hawaii I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 9:48 am

its the course in the ' walauwalau ' course ....super down slope ..of coz, the prerequisite, you need to be able to reach the 'cliff' first lah....
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Ogilvy Defends in Hawaii   Geoff Ogilvy Defends in Hawaii I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 10:26 am

oic... but still... super roll!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Ogilvy Defends in Hawaii   Geoff Ogilvy Defends in Hawaii I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Geoff Ogilvy Defends in Hawaii
Page 1 of 1