Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Proper flex: are we suppose to feel the flex(whip) just before ball impact

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

Proper flex: are we suppose to feel the flex(whip) just before ball impact Empty
PostSubject: Proper flex: are we suppose to feel the flex(whip) just before ball impact   Proper flex: are we suppose to feel the flex(whip) just before ball impact I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 4:24 pm

I am just wondering, are we suppose to feel the flex ( whip / load) of the shaft just before the ball impact? or the shaft should be felt stiff?

Last edited by seebayho on Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.HuatLeow.com
p3nboy
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
p3nboy

Proper flex: are we suppose to feel the flex(whip) just before ball impact Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proper flex: are we suppose to feel the flex(whip) just before ball impact   Proper flex: are we suppose to feel the flex(whip) just before ball impact I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 4:34 pm

good question, I am keen to know too.
Back to top Go down
sniffydog
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
sniffydog

PostSubject: Re: Proper flex: are we suppose to feel the flex(whip) just before ball impact   Proper flex: are we suppose to feel the flex(whip) just before ball impact I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 4:39 pm

+1, like to know the answer as well.
I feel that feeling the whip effect of the shaft gives better distance and ease of launching the ball, unfortunately I'm confused as I've read about quite a few pple loading the stiffness of their clubs to the limit, perhaps for more accuracy?
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: Proper flex: are we suppose to feel the flex(whip) just before ball impact   Proper flex: are we suppose to feel the flex(whip) just before ball impact I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 4:43 pm

DGMan, need your expert advice.
Back to top Go down
p3nboy
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
p3nboy

PostSubject: Re: Proper flex: are we suppose to feel the flex(whip) just before ball impact   Proper flex: are we suppose to feel the flex(whip) just before ball impact I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 4:44 pm

[quote="sniffydog"]
I feel that feeling the whip effect of the shaft gives better distance and ease of launching the ball.

I share the same feeling, when I use my wife's R flex, bo tai chi leh. When I use my SR, buay chun leh.
Back to top Go down
puteh83
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
puteh83

PostSubject: Re: Proper flex: are we suppose to feel the flex(whip) just before ball impact   Proper flex: are we suppose to feel the flex(whip) just before ball impact I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 4:48 pm

funny, i hit it better with stiff flex... my down swing too fast?
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: Proper flex: are we suppose to feel the flex(whip) just before ball impact   Proper flex: are we suppose to feel the flex(whip) just before ball impact I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 5:00 pm

My tempo and swing speed is slow, 90mph for driver.
I prefer to feel the flex. But the trouble is when we are hot.....and try to load more...all hell broke loose. So how ah?
Back to top Go down
botak
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
botak

PostSubject: Re: Proper flex: are we suppose to feel the flex(whip) just before ball impact   Proper flex: are we suppose to feel the flex(whip) just before ball impact I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 8:18 pm

See this post by RSS

Tiger Woods shaft flex

crazy?... or camera angle? confused
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Proper flex: are we suppose to feel the flex(whip) just before ball impact   Proper flex: are we suppose to feel the flex(whip) just before ball impact I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Proper flex: are we suppose to feel the flex(whip) just before ball impact
Page 1 of 1