Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shape of Driver Head

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

Shape of Driver Head Empty
PostSubject: Shape of Driver Head   Shape of Driver Head I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 8:38 am

Folks,

I have been using Titleist 905R for abt a year, it was going fine. At the same time, I had a Cobra LD F Speed L9.5 and Mizuno MX700 L10.5. The 905R head is the traditional tear-drop shaped where as the other is more high MOI type of shaped, slight longish U shaped.

With 905R, I have no problem, swing were occasionally off the mark with slices and granted that I am no where near professionally competent, mistakes were much or less, Tolerable. But with U shaped, I just couldn't dig in to it and I just couldn't swing naturally, comfortably and fail to achieve the driver potentials. Out of 10 swings, 10/10 would have been bad for U shaped where as 905R it was 4/10 would have been bad.

I thought it could be something to do with the driver, I decide to try out a 3WD - MX700, it looks a traditional driver but just much smaller, I have no problem getting it to connect at all.

Why o why, am i unable to fully connect with a U shaped driver? Its damn frustrating.... Can some one help? Is high MOI shaped heads for everyone? Is this a mental thing?

Last edited by Khorkar on Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Shape of Driver Head   Shape of Driver Head I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 8:40 am

could it be the forgiving headshapes weighting?
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Shape of Driver Head   Shape of Driver Head I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 8:44 am

For the cobra, may be but it still draw bias. The MX700 is slight draw bias and very forgiving. What puzzle me more is that 905R is not so forgiving in rating and is neutral. It can be a slice machine. It is with 905R that I have the least problem.
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Shape of Driver Head   Shape of Driver Head I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 9:21 am

Khorkar wrote:
For the cobra, may be but it still draw bias. The MX700 is slight draw bias and very forgiving. What puzzle me more is that 905R is not so forgiving in rating and is neutral. It can be a slice machine. It is with 905R that I have the least problem.

thats what i am implying, you might be more accustom to neutral weight biased, a draw biased weighting might be the cause, sorry KK i am no expert, just logically thinking. would be best to have a pro to look at your swing/swing path and diagnose. else its all guesswork but what i think would affect the most in this case is the weighting of the heads
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shape of Driver Head   Shape of Driver Head I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shape of Driver Head
Page 1 of 1