Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Don't look if you are hungry....

Go down 
+18
Khorkar
siaw8
Technospaz
Agumon
4dtoto
jaketang
mUAr_cHEe
shotah
blee67
slinger
rocky
Golfman
ghoonk
mervyntan
Birdman
cmclee
S70B
DGman
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

Don't look if you are hungry.... Empty
PostSubject: Don't look if you are hungry....   Don't look if you are hungry.... I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 1:30 pm

Ok instead of dishing out the usual golf equipment advice, i thought i will do something different.

however i lack the hokkien humour of SS, the X-rated articulation of CCC, the cheekiness of MT, the dark humour of Redbull, the chestiness of Jimmy Choo, the gungho-ness of Shotah, the golfing skills of S70B, the tour issued slutiness of ghoonk, the course knowledge of Slinger, the mathematic skills of Agumon, the knowledge of golf rules of Novicegolfer, the stirring abilities of Siaw8, the club throwing skills of MC (oops, touchy), and the methodical tidiness of Technospaz......i will attempt to show what i do for a hobby.....

here're some before and after pictures of what happened at Christmas...

Incredible Lam(b) Shoulder Roast..slit and stuff with garlic, rolled over with rosemary from my own garden, sea salt, pepper and olive oil....left to marinate overnight...

Don't look if you are hungry.... 4218035760_30335ede31_o

sealed in tin foil and cooked in slow slow oven for 3 and half hours...succulent lamb that you can tear apart with a fork and melts in your mouth. Buying from a good source, fresh rosemary and lots of garlic ensure that you just the right aroma...

sauce is made from the juice from the roast, red wine and capers..

Don't look if you are hungry.... 4217268791_728114a4a4_o

Traditional Veal Rack....basically its the prime rib of veal with the bones intact...seasoned with a mixture of rosemary, thyme, bay leaves, sage, garlic and olive oil and minced into a paste. rub on the ribs and left to marinate overnight.

Don't look if you are hungry.... 4217268443_f9304546b6_o

roasting the delicate rack takes some experience (of turning and stacking) and a good meat thermometer....roast in under one and a half hour and for colour and crisp effect, use different racks in the oven at different heat - 170 to 240 degree Celsius

Don't look if you are hungry.... 4217268857_3da2b50876_o

Plain Roast Chicken - two 2 kg fresh chicken, stuff lightly with garlic, shallots, rosemary, basil, koshler salt and mix pepper coastly grind. marinate overnight and left to hang dry an hour before roasting....the drier, the more crispy the skin gets.

Don't look if you are hungry.... 4217267997_336866b54b_o

use slow heat to let the chicken cook in its own juice....and fire both sides on grill to get a crispy effect...a brolier will make it even better (looks like that is the next toy).

Don't look if you are hungry.... 4217268259_0bb711664a_o

Old School Honey Baked Ham - get a nice brined, smoked and half cooked with bone-in leg of ham. scored the rind and add gloves for that tinge of exotic spiciness.

Don't look if you are hungry.... 4217267785_14cd1774ce_o

for the glaze, use honey, corn syrup, butter, a dash of salt and pepper. cooked in low heat and baste every 12 minutes with the home made sauce.
the final effect is a natural sweetness on the outside and the smokey and ham taste on the inside...serve warm.

Don't look if you are hungry.... 4218036448_57604371d2_o

and finally for carbo...

Seafood Tuna Penne with Tomato and Creamy Cheese Sauce...

the canned tuna, scallop panfried in butter & garlic, lots of fresh shrimps and a special shrimp broth makes this dish the perfect compliment to a perfect evening.....

Don't look if you are hungry.... 4217268343_52f6fc2038_o

i hope some of you are salivating at this stage...Benny, Daniel N, MT...

A Happy New Year to everyone at GR and may you find success and happiness in 2010.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Don't look if you are hungry....   Don't look if you are hungry.... I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 1:48 pm

Wah boss,

Doreen and u sure eat alot. ROFL

Nice pics. Happy New Year mate!
Back to top Go down
cmclee
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
cmclee

PostSubject: Re: Don't look if you are hungry....   Don't look if you are hungry.... I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 1:52 pm

Wow..that looks really yummy. I am very impressed with your culinary skills. Gives me the inspiration to do some cooking at home .. cheers !
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Don't look if you are hungry....   Don't look if you are hungry.... I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 1:53 pm

Very nice DGman. Nice arrangement of the ribs, and man... i'd love to try your Seafood Tuna Penne with Tomato and Creamy Cheese Sauce.... YUM!!!!

Always loved cooking myself, got more than a few cookbooks, but never quite got down to mastering the skills like you have.

Think you need a BFG chef's hat and apron to complete the picture.
ROFL

Happy New Year DGman!
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Don't look if you are hungry....   Don't look if you are hungry.... I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 1:57 pm

New Year's Feast will be much simpler...

bought a good size one foot by one foot 2 inch pork belly...will brined in kosher salt, sugar, cinnamon, gloves and mix pepper corn for 2 days before raosting angmo style crackling roast pork belly served with fruity home made apple sauce....

so what you cooking today Charles?

DGman
Back to top Go down
mervyntan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mervyntan

PostSubject: Re: Don't look if you are hungry....   Don't look if you are hungry.... I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 1:58 pm

DGman wrote:

Old School Honey Baked Ham - get a nice brined, smoked and half cooked with bone-in leg of ham. scored the rind and add gloves for that tinge of exotic spiciness.

think it is time to change your voice activated software... i sure hope u didn't add gloves for that tinge of exotic spiciness... santa

happy holidays~
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Don't look if you are hungry....   Don't look if you are hungry.... I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 2:02 pm

wah lao. I SHOULD HAVE STAYED IN SINGAPORE FOR XMAS!
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Don't look if you are hungry....   Don't look if you are hungry.... I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 2:02 pm

oh i forgot to add the spelling abilities of MT.....i was salivating when i write this....

so you coming monday?
Back to top Go down
Golfman
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Golfman

PostSubject: Re: Don't look if you are hungry....   Don't look if you are hungry.... I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 2:10 pm

Wow.........DGman.....
Swee ar..........after looking at this picture...
Me feel so hungry now..........Cant hv those.....but, now having maggie mee lor........hehehhe........ Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mervyntan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mervyntan

PostSubject: Re: Don't look if you are hungry....   Don't look if you are hungry.... I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 2:10 pm

DGman wrote:
oh i forgot to add the spelling abilities of MT.....i was salivating when i write this....

so you coming monday?

monday i cannot lah, gotta go to office to settle some admin matters as well as to hang around to steal some office stationery... although i suspect that i should be very free on monday and can do a disappearing act after lunch...

after work 6pm got to do some test to test my spelling abilities... apparently some voice activated software programmer wants to reprogram his software and is looking for someone to assist him with spelling..
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Don't look if you are hungry....   Don't look if you are hungry.... I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 2:15 pm

Oh MT....i need some ball point pens (different colours), pencils, a couple of eraser, some note pads, sticky pads, a clock and a scientific calculator to calculate spin rate and carry distance...

oh one more thing...a secretary...looks is not important but a plus..

when you are downstairs, call me and i will send the trolley down.

DGman
Back to top Go down
rocky
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
rocky

PostSubject: Re: Don't look if you are hungry....   Don't look if you are hungry.... I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 2:50 pm

Awesome stuff, DGMan. I didn't know you are such a good cook!

Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year...

I'm salivating right now...... Razz
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Don't look if you are hungry....   Don't look if you are hungry.... I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 2:53 pm

eh.....can i come for new year dinner?????
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: Don't look if you are hungry....   Don't look if you are hungry.... I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 3:06 pm

Me too Me too.. Looking at the food..... Drool.....
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Don't look if you are hungry....   Don't look if you are hungry.... I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 3:09 pm

brb, need to go find food now. DGman, did you finish that all by yourself?
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Don't look if you are hungry....   Don't look if you are hungry.... I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 3:24 pm

haha...we have about 12 guests...still got leftover...some ta pau.....

the remaining i make sandwich like this...

Don't look if you are hungry.... 4218365164_79c2911437_o

should have added the bacon!!!

Slinger dont be greedy, you already have the special preview baby rack of lamb liao....

maybe we dish out incentives like what we did for "i"

DGman
Back to top Go down
shotah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
shotah

PostSubject: Re: Don't look if you are hungry....   Don't look if you are hungry.... I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 3:55 pm

eh boss... i think you did notice that i pass some safety masks to Jeff before i left on xmas eve. Its for the safety of you and Jeff when you guys do the cutting and grinding..... Smile
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Don't look if you are hungry....   Don't look if you are hungry.... I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 3:55 pm

Throw and let go is different hor.
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Don't look if you are hungry....   Don't look if you are hungry.... I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 4:00 pm

eric, r u having another party like this for New Year?

yum yum....
Back to top Go down
cmclee
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
cmclee

PostSubject: Re: Don't look if you are hungry....   Don't look if you are hungry.... I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 8:55 pm

hey DGman, sorry for late reply , juz got home. Me cook herbal chicken soup today. simple one lah, just dump into the crock pot the herbs, black chicken, add water and wait for 3 hours.

Can you PM me your recipe please, and also the place to buy those meat.

Many thanks !
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Don't look if you are hungry....   Don't look if you are hungry.... I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 9:20 am

Charles....i can send you the recipe via email...no problem. jsut PM me your email.

the best place to buy meat at wholesale price is QB Food. its located at 8 chin bee crescent.

they have everything from seafood to grade 9 wagyu beef and the price is 50% to 65% cheaper the butcher shops or supermarket. you can also buy very nice sausage at wholesale price. herbs and other condiments are also available at wholesale price. they supply most of the supermarkets and some of the meat restaurants in singapore.

eg. Bone-in ham - $32, veal rack each $63, lamb shoulder $35.

G-man brought me there and he usual buy meat worth $500 at one go. the boy is also a meat rage.

DGman
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: Don't look if you are hungry....   Don't look if you are hungry.... I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 9:36 am

Shud have take your advise not to look when hungry...Must go buy breakfast liao...

BTW, well done and nice food, I can never do western style food....
Back to top Go down
mervyntan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mervyntan

PostSubject: Re: Don't look if you are hungry....   Don't look if you are hungry.... I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 9:43 am

DGman wrote:
Charles....i can send you the recipe via email...no problem. jsut PM me your email.

the best place to buy meat at wholesale price is QB Food. its located at 8 chin bee crescent.

they have everything from seafood to grade 9 wagyu beef and the price is 50% to 65% cheaper the butcher shops or supermarket. you can also buy very nice sausage at wholesale price. herbs and other condiments are also available at wholesale price. they supply most of the supermarkets and some of the meat restaurants in singapore.

eg. Bone-in ham - $32, veal rack each $63, lamb shoulder $35.

G-man brought me there and he usual buy meat worth $500 at one go. the boy is also a meat rage.

DGman

im having a BBQ on 31 dec.. look like its time to make a trip there...
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Don't look if you are hungry....   Don't look if you are hungry.... I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 9:47 am

Another golfer/Chef...

http://twitter.com/Ianjamespoulter

view the twitpics. the pictures are there.
Back to top Go down
Agumon
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Agumon

PostSubject: Re: Don't look if you are hungry....   Don't look if you are hungry.... I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 10:14 am

wah ... lau noir.......

and i had Macdonals for xmas eve dinner !!!!! how sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Don't look if you are hungry....   Don't look if you are hungry.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Don't look if you are hungry....
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next