Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Yip breaks world record to win Gold in Rio, $1m for her?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
billcoke
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Yip breaks world record to win Gold in Rio, $1m for her? Empty
PostSubject: Yip breaks world record to win Gold in Rio, $1m for her?   Yip breaks world record to win Gold in Rio, $1m for her? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 3:45 pm

Will she receive $1,000,000 too?

http://news.asiaone.com/news/singapore/majulah-singapura-played-2nd-time-rio-yip-breaks-world-record-win-gold
Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Yip breaks world record to win Gold in Rio, $1m for her?   Yip breaks world record to win Gold in Rio, $1m for her? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2016 9:29 am

Nothing to suggest she wont get $1M.

She is a world record holder. Smile
Back to top Go down
billcoke
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Yip breaks world record to win Gold in Rio, $1m for her?   Yip breaks world record to win Gold in Rio, $1m for her? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2016 1:07 pm

flashpacker wrote:
Nothing to suggest she wont get $1M.

She is a world record holder. Smile

Everyone is talking about Schooling $1m but nothing  about Yips' $1m.
Back to top Go down
iron eagle
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Yip breaks world record to win Gold in Rio, $1m for her?   Yip breaks world record to win Gold in Rio, $1m for her? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2016 5:08 pm

She deserve the $1M ! Incentive for her hooray!
Back to top Go down
billcoke
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Yip breaks world record to win Gold in Rio, $1m for her?   Yip breaks world record to win Gold in Rio, $1m for her? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2016 11:58 am

iron eagle wrote:
She deserve the $1M ! Incentive for her hooray

Last edited by billcoke on Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
billcoke
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Yip breaks world record to win Gold in Rio, $1m for her?   Yip breaks world record to win Gold in Rio, $1m for her? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2016 12:10 pm

Under the current Athletes’ Achievement Awards (AAA) scheme, para athletes are awarded S$2,000 for an individual gold medal, while a Paralympics gold will reap a reward of S$200,000. 

However, the amount is significantly less than what their able-bodied colleagues get under the Multi-million Dollar Awards Programme, which awards S$10,000, S$200,000 and S$1 million for an individual SEA Games, Asian Games and Olympic Games gold respectively.

http://www.todayonline.com/sports/asean-para-games/cash-boost-para-athletes
Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Yip breaks world record to win Gold in Rio, $1m for her?   Yip breaks world record to win Gold in Rio, $1m for her? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2016 1:59 pm

Given these facts, i support that equal recognition and award ought to be given.
Back to top Go down
ancient warrior
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Yip breaks world record to win Gold in Rio, $1m for her?   Yip breaks world record to win Gold in Rio, $1m for her? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2016 3:28 pm

According to some minister, para athletes compete in a smaller base of athletes vs a normal Olympic athletes, thus the lower incentive. If you accept that argument, then they are saying that the efforts, competitiveness are only 20% of normal athletes. Do you buy that?
Back to top Go down
billcoke
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Yip breaks world record to win Gold in Rio, $1m for her?   Yip breaks world record to win Gold in Rio, $1m for her? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2016 12:17 am

ancient warrior wrote:
According to some minister, para athletes compete in a smaller base of athletes vs a normal Olympic athletes, thus the lower incentive. If you accept that argument, then they are saying that the efforts, competitiveness are only 20% of normal athletes. Do you buy that?

This is like comparing LHL and Obama. Obama has higher responsibility but who gets higher salary?
Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Yip breaks world record to win Gold in Rio, $1m for her?   Yip breaks world record to win Gold in Rio, $1m for her? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2016 12:50 pm

Try running 1,500m with your eyes closed, or play golf with your left hand, or swim without kicking.
Pray tell if this is 20% of the effort to achieve something on the world stage.

The spirit of sports, the discipline, the ethics have been outraged with such commercial talk.
Back to top Go down
iron eagle
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Yip breaks world record to win Gold in Rio, $1m for her?   Yip breaks world record to win Gold in Rio, $1m for her? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2016 7:37 pm

See this guy (Professional Archery) he has no arms but can shoot better than a normal person
his name is Matt Stutzman:

https://sg.sports.yahoo.com/video/target-shooting-arrows-without-arms-123139719.html

He can land an arrow at the long distance shot in the Guinness Book of Record, Amazing!!~ don't tell me he doesn't deserved the reward, try be like him and see what happened??
Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Yip breaks world record to win Gold in Rio, $1m for her?   Yip breaks world record to win Gold in Rio, $1m for her? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2016 8:13 pm

She should get $2m for her achievements
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yip breaks world record to win Gold in Rio, $1m for her?   Yip breaks world record to win Gold in Rio, $1m for her? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yip breaks world record to win Gold in Rio, $1m for her?
Page 1 of 1