Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Place of interest at ZhuHai

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
billcoke
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Place of interest at ZhuHai Empty
PostSubject: Place of interest at ZhuHai   Place of interest at ZhuHai I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2016 10:47 pm

I'll be in Hong Kong and plan to visit Zhuhai. To get to Zhuhai, do you catch a ferry to Macau than change to land transport to Zhuhai?

Heard that Zhuhai is famous for seafood, any recommended places?
Back to top Go down
wongwengkham
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Place of interest at ZhuHai   Place of interest at ZhuHai I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 10:25 am

billcoke wrote:
I'll be in Hong Kong and plan to visit Zhuhai. To get to Zhuhai, do you catch a ferry to Macau than change to land transport to Zhuhai?

Heard that Zhuhai is famous for seafood, any recommended places?

You can board the ferry from HK (Kowloon side) to Zhuhai direct.
Back to top Go down
BruiseLee
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Place of interest at ZhuHai   Place of interest at ZhuHai I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 3:34 pm

Some info of Zhuhai...

1. The ferry terminal is 九洲港.
2. There is a famous seafood street named (珠海)湾仔海鲜街, where you order live seafood from one side of the street and bring them over to restaurants on the opposite side to have them cooked.
Back to top Go down
billcoke
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Place of interest at ZhuHai   Place of interest at ZhuHai I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 4:02 pm

BruiseLee wrote:
Some info of Zhuhai...

2. There is a famous seafood street named (珠海)湾仔海鲜街, where you order live seafood from one side of the street and bring them over to restaurants on the opposite side to have them cooked.

I'll be staying in macau, are there buses from Macau to Zhuhai Wanzai Seafood Street?

I checked the internet, but can't find much info. 

Most info feedback that Zhuhai Wanzai is a ripped off but good experience.

https://www.tripadvisor.com.sg/Attraction_Review-g297418-d2050391-Reviews-Zhuhai_Wanzai_Seafood_Street-Zhuhai_Guangdong.html
Back to top Go down
wongwengkham
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Place of interest at ZhuHai   Place of interest at ZhuHai I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 4:11 pm

billcoke wrote:
BruiseLee wrote:
Some info of Zhuhai...

I'll be staying in macau, are there buses from Macau to Zhuhai Wanzai Seafood Street?

https://www.tripadvisor.com.sg/Attraction_Review-g297418-d2050391-Reviews-Zhuhai_Wanzai_Seafood_Street-Zhuhai_Guangdong.html
Macau to Zhuhai is like walking the causeway from Woodlands to JB but much shorter.
Back to top Go down
BruiseLee
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Place of interest at ZhuHai   Place of interest at ZhuHai I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 6:03 pm

billcoke wrote:

Like WongWengKham says Macau and Zhuhai checkpoints are just walking distance between each other. I am quite sure if you are staying at a prestigious hotel in Macau, there should be free buses to and fro the Macau checkpoint. Else you can always take a cab (and taxi there are not expensive). Zhuhai wise, I will always move around in cab (not expensive too).

Cannot remember if it's only in Shenzhen or it's applicable to cabs in Zhuhai too, there will be a fuel surcharge (not more than RMB10 to RMB15) for each taxi trip. So please do not be alarm if the taxi driver charges you RMB10 to RMB15 more than the meter fare.

My three experiences to Zhuhai Wanzai are quite positive. As the street is relatively long, I will usually not choose the first few and last few restaurants. Also, as I don't usually order the exotic seafood, my bill will usually come up to about S$10 to S$15 per pax (6 to 7 dishes for 8 paxs). Ripping off or not, in my opinion, is based on individual, I am okay to pay "Malaysian prices" and not "Singaporean prices" for my seafood.

Useful info: Zhuhai checkpoint is called 拱北口岸.
Back to top Go down
billcoke
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Place of interest at ZhuHai   Place of interest at ZhuHai I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2016 12:56 am

BruiseLee wrote:
billcoke wrote:

Like WongWengKham says Macau and Zhuhai checkpoints are just walking distance between each other. I am quite sure if you are staying at a prestigious hotel in Macau, there should be free buses to and fro the Macau checkpoint. Else you can always take a cab (and taxi there are not expensive). Zhuhai wise, I will always move around in cab (not expensive too).

Cannot remember if it's only in Shenzhen or it's applicable to cabs in Zhuhai too, there will be a fuel surcharge (not more than RMB10 to RMB15) for each taxi trip. So please do not be alarm if the taxi driver charges you RMB10 to RMB15 more than the meter fare.

My three experiences to Zhuhai Wanzai are quite positive. As the street is relatively long, I will usually not choose the first few and last few restaurants. Also, as I don't usually order the exotic seafood, my bill will usually come up to about S$10 to S$15 per pax (6 to 7 dishes for 8 paxs). Ripping off or not, in my opinion, is based on individual, I am okay to pay "Malaysian prices" and not "Singaporean prices" for my seafood.

Many thanks, will check it out
Back to top Go down
billcoke
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Place of interest at ZhuHai   Place of interest at ZhuHai I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2016 1:20 am

BruiseLee wrote:
billcoke wrote:

How far is from the Zhuhai checkpoint to Zhuhai Wanzai Seafood Street? need to take a cab?
Back to top Go down
BruiseLee
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Place of interest at ZhuHai   Place of interest at ZhuHai I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2016 11:38 am

billcoke wrote:
How far is from the Zhuhai checkpoint to Zhuhai Wanzai Seafood Street? need to take a cab?

Based on Baidu Map, it's about 6.7KM. Travelling time is about 15 to 25mins (depending on traffic condition).
Back to top Go down
billcoke
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Place of interest at ZhuHai   Place of interest at ZhuHai I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2016 12:38 pm

BruiseLee wrote:
billcoke wrote:

Based on Baidu Map, it's about 6.7KM. Travelling time is about 15 to 25mins (depending on traffic condition).

Many thanks. Google map doesn't have info for  Zhuhai Wanzai Seafood Street.
Back to top Go down
BruiseLee
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Place of interest at ZhuHai   Place of interest at ZhuHai I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2016 1:17 pm

billcoke wrote:

Familiarise yourself with Baidu search engine, maps etc as Google is not accessible in China.
Back to top Go down
billcoke
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Place of interest at ZhuHai   Place of interest at ZhuHai I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2016 12:12 pm

BruiseLee wrote:
billcoke wrote:

Familiarise yourself with Baidu search engine, maps etc as Google is not accessible in China.

But how do non Chinese tourists and expats survive in China without Google? Baidu is in Chinese only.
Back to top Go down
BruiseLee
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Place of interest at ZhuHai   Place of interest at ZhuHai I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2016 12:41 pm

billcoke wrote:
But how do non Chinese tourists and expats survive in China without Google? Baidu is in Chinese only.

Good question and I have no answer to it. I bet that there are other search engines for non Chinese tourists and expats to use. Although I am not 100% sure, I think Yahoo is available in China.

For me, as I am able to read and write simple Chinese, I will use their "national" search engine, Baidu when I am there.
Back to top Go down
billcoke
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Place of interest at ZhuHai   Place of interest at ZhuHai I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2016 2:11 pm

BruiseLee wrote:
billcoke wrote:

Good question and I have no answer to it. I bet that there are other search engines for non Chinese tourists and expats to use. Although I am not 100% sure, I think Yahoo is available in China.

For me, as I am able to read and write simple Chinese, I will use their "national" search engine, Baidu when I am there.

Many Thanks
Back to top Go down
ancient warrior
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Place of interest at ZhuHai   Place of interest at ZhuHai I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2016 3:35 pm

Try MSN or Yahoo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Place of interest at ZhuHai   Place of interest at ZhuHai I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Place of interest at ZhuHai
Page 1 of 1