Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best place to buy Scotty Cameron? (USA vs SG)

Go down 
+8
scottytei
dreamer
pocketace
[Chris]
wongwengkham
Turbo
dimpledgolfball
yaozza07
12 posters
AuthorMessage
yaozza07
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

Best place to buy Scotty Cameron? (USA vs SG) Empty
PostSubject: Best place to buy Scotty Cameron? (USA vs SG)   Best place to buy Scotty Cameron? (USA vs SG) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 9:19 am

Hi All - Just wanted to ask anyone here if it's cheaper to buy Scotty's here or in the USA? I'm looking for the 2016 newport.

My friend bought new AP2's in FESC and he said its cheaper here compared to USA.

Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
dimpledgolfball
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Best place to buy Scotty Cameron? (USA vs SG)   Best place to buy Scotty Cameron? (USA vs SG) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 10:32 am

I think you have to consider about shipping/check-in baggage cost if you were to buy in USA. 

Still, SGD is strengthening slightly against USD, might be a plus point. 

FESC is definitely selling at the lowest price compared to all other shops in Singapore.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Best place to buy Scotty Cameron? (USA vs SG)   Best place to buy Scotty Cameron? (USA vs SG) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 11:09 am

More varieties to choose from and cheaper to buy from USA directly for sure. It is even better if u happen to be travelling in USA and u could hand carry it back yourself. I bought my Scotty from USA at around USD230+ only.

Last edited by Turbo on Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:12 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
yaozza07
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Best place to buy Scotty Cameron? (USA vs SG)   Best place to buy Scotty Cameron? (USA vs SG) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 11:10 am

My friend is there on vacay coming back next week, he has his golf bag with him so can tumpang. So just purely cost perspective, USA or SG cheaper?
Back to top Go down
yaozza07
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Best place to buy Scotty Cameron? (USA vs SG)   Best place to buy Scotty Cameron? (USA vs SG) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 11:11 am

@Turbo, oops just posted before seeing your message. So USA is still better? They have tax right? As in USA tax.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Best place to buy Scotty Cameron? (USA vs SG)   Best place to buy Scotty Cameron? (USA vs SG) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 11:59 am

yaozza07 wrote:
@Turbo, oops just posted before seeing your message. So USA is still better? They have tax right? As in USA tax.
Tax varies from state to state ... Not sure if u can claim tax. Even includes tax, their equipment prices are still much lower than in Sg ... They have the critical mass and hence, economic of scale. Golf attire in USA is dirt cheap ... Especially for brands like Underarmour, Nike and Adidas.
Back to top Go down
dimpledgolfball
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Best place to buy Scotty Cameron? (USA vs SG)   Best place to buy Scotty Cameron? (USA vs SG) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 12:10 pm

http://www.usexpattaxhelp.com/us-sales-tax-refund-international-foreign-visitor-vacation.php

this might help.
Back to top Go down
yaozza07
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Best place to buy Scotty Cameron? (USA vs SG)   Best place to buy Scotty Cameron? (USA vs SG) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 12:24 pm

Ok, will ask my friend to scout for me. He's in SF but i think playing a round in Vegas, so maybe there will be cheaper.
Back to top Go down
wongwengkham
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Best place to buy Scotty Cameron? (USA vs SG)   Best place to buy Scotty Cameron? (USA vs SG) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 2:52 pm

yaozza07 wrote:
Ok, will ask my friend to scout for me. He's in SF but i think playing a round in Vegas, so maybe there will be cheaper.

Just for your info I bought my Scotty back in 2014 in Hong Kong at HK$2100 and equivalent to S$345 when the US$1=S$1.21. If the price of the putter have not increase I will now be paying about S$363 today.
Hope this information is helpful in your buying decision.
Back to top Go down
yaozza07
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Best place to buy Scotty Cameron? (USA vs SG)   Best place to buy Scotty Cameron? (USA vs SG) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 4:19 pm

Cool, just saw the Newport at FESC but it's S$490.... er.... will find out how much it is in USA
Back to top Go down
[Chris]
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Best place to buy Scotty Cameron? (USA vs SG)   Best place to buy Scotty Cameron? (USA vs SG) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2016 12:49 pm

If you are able to drop by Malaysia, you can consider buying from MST Golf in Malaysia. My gear is all bought from there. MST Golf @ Pelangi Driving Range. I usually e-mail this lady who handles the stock for Malaysia from their HQ in KL to make arrangements to send what I need over then I will drop by to pick them up. Let me know if you want the contact. This was the price provided for the Newport: STUDIO SELECT NEWPORT 2 (14) PUTTER              RM 1,250
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Best place to buy Scotty Cameron? (USA vs SG)   Best place to buy Scotty Cameron? (USA vs SG) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2016 4:05 pm

Guys
Just being a devil's advocate here
Anyone of you tried Yamada?
I have Scotty and Yamada 
I think they are both good
Yamada has the deep groove milling as well 
Yamada has the JDM appeal and the charm of the Japanese premier giving a Yamada to Obama as a gift.
You can get a brand new Yamada for lesser than the price of  brand new Scotty too
Back to top Go down
yaozza07
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Best place to buy Scotty Cameron? (USA vs SG)   Best place to buy Scotty Cameron? (USA vs SG) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2016 4:38 pm

Actually I put best with an Odyssey 2 ball but I have always lusted for a Scotty. Just bought yesterday from FESC.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Best place to buy Scotty Cameron? (USA vs SG)   Best place to buy Scotty Cameron? (USA vs SG) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 12:21 pm

The recent US Open Champion, DJ who endorses TM is also using a Scotty putter ... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dreamer
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Best place to buy Scotty Cameron? (USA vs SG)   Best place to buy Scotty Cameron? (USA vs SG) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2016 2:53 pm

Scotty prices are very competitive in HK.
Back to top Go down
dimpledgolfball
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Best place to buy Scotty Cameron? (USA vs SG)   Best place to buy Scotty Cameron? (USA vs SG) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2016 6:10 pm

I heard about it as well, but cannot understand why it can be competitive since all scotties are manufactured (or maybe just assembled) in USA. 

HK is too close to China, so I'm a little wary of AAA goods.
Back to top Go down
dreamer
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Best place to buy Scotty Cameron? (USA vs SG)   Best place to buy Scotty Cameron? (USA vs SG) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2016 8:30 pm

Hmmm .... ask the local for reputable shops.
Back to top Go down
scottytei
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Best place to buy Scotty Cameron? (USA vs SG)   Best place to buy Scotty Cameron? (USA vs SG) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2016 1:31 am

I think US is cheaper but you may get some good deals in internet or some local golf shops.
Back to top Go down
kissthegreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
kissthegreen

PostSubject: Re: Best place to buy Scotty Cameron? (USA vs SG)   Best place to buy Scotty Cameron? (USA vs SG) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2016 7:32 am

I have yearly commutes to Hk. Golf is deemed as a privilege sport and I believe there is only one public course in whole of Hk. I saw some good deals on shoes and travel bags but clubs are pricey even though there is no sales tax in HK. I recalled when I went to the public Golf range (only one in HK) before it torn down as it was sitting on prime estate, the charges go by time you spent on using the bay. I thought it was a wonderful idea though because it's a more efficient process unlike some really bad habits of Bay hogging I see in Singapore.
Back to top Go down
yongyeanloong
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Best place to buy Scotty Cameron? (USA vs SG)   Best place to buy Scotty Cameron? (USA vs SG) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2016 3:29 am

i know an app named igolfmart! maybe you can download it and try your luck there
Back to top Go down
sibeiho
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Best place to buy Scotty Cameron? (USA vs SG)   Best place to buy Scotty Cameron? (USA vs SG) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 6:03 pm

Can you PM me which shop in FESC selling at $490 please ... TKs
Back to top Go down
nkglfrs
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Best place to buy Scotty Cameron? (USA vs SG)   Best place to buy Scotty Cameron? (USA vs SG) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2016 9:30 pm

wongwengkham wrote:
yaozza07 wrote:

Just for your info I bought my Scotty back in 2014 in Hong Kong at HK$2100 and equivalent to S$345 when the US$1=S$1.21. If the price of the putter have not increase I will now be paying about S$363 today.
Hope this information is helpful in your buying decision.
Its selling at HKD2350 now
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best place to buy Scotty Cameron? (USA vs SG)   Best place to buy Scotty Cameron? (USA vs SG) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best place to buy Scotty Cameron? (USA vs SG)
Page 1 of 1