Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

IT Shows and Computer Exhibitions....

Go down 
+6
eiji
mojojojo
daveaha
golf_snowman
Technospaz
mUAr_cHEe
10 posters
AuthorMessage
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

IT Shows and Computer Exhibitions.... Empty
PostSubject: IT Shows and Computer Exhibitions....   IT Shows and Computer Exhibitions.... I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 8:19 am

Are they any good?

Are the promos offered at these events really worth the trouble?

i am asking now... becuz i am thinking of getting a new camera as the old one broke... was wondering if we should wait for the next IT show or we can just Sim Lim and haggle down the price for one right now...
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: IT Shows and Computer Exhibitions....   IT Shows and Computer Exhibitions.... I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 8:36 am

I thought I experienced deja vu... then realized that I was reading your tweet Smile

I think that IT shows are pretty good and they offer great deals provided that:

1. You can tolerate the crowds, lack of parking and the long lines.
2. You don't mind hitting the shows on the last day (last hour if possible) cause that's when the prices really DROP! Smile

You'll also realize that many stores in Funan and SLS would also offer similar pricing to match the prices at the IT show but they may not be able to offer all the freebies. So, if you don't mind skipping the freebies or are willing to pay a little bit more (though still discounted pricing), heading over to Funan or SLS may not be a bad idea.
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: IT Shows and Computer Exhibitions....   IT Shows and Computer Exhibitions.... I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 8:50 am

Hi MC

in general, camera prices are pretty competitive now, and i believe, anywhere you go, including IT show, the price is pretty much similar.

The only diff is the freebies that were being throw in during the IT show, it can cost up to a few hundred bucks...well it really depend what you wanna buy.

If you wanna try slashing camera price, chances are not high, as the profit margin is very low.

hope that helps.

Snowman
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: IT Shows and Computer Exhibitions....   IT Shows and Computer Exhibitions.... I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 8:55 am

that helps alot.

but buying a few cams already at IT shows... the freebies are always similar.

big tripod, small tripod, cleaning kit...

but the one that really gets me jumping is free mem cards. especially since different brands using different kind of mem cards...
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: IT Shows and Computer Exhibitions....   IT Shows and Computer Exhibitions.... I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 9:03 am

Yup, I had the same frustration about that too, but i do notice SD card is the more commonly used memory card now for digital camera except S*** camera, that you need to be aware on their memory stick...keke

Just to give you a rough pic of how small is the profit margin. I have been working with a group of japanese from a well-known camera brand company, although they do not belong to the camera dept, but they do have staff benefit in purchase their company camera, and guess what, after the subsidies given, for the same camera, retail outlet is still selling cheaper !!..that's how competitive it is...

snowman
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: IT Shows and Computer Exhibitions....   IT Shows and Computer Exhibitions.... I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 9:21 am

MC,
basically have to do more research. Sometimes IT show can give much better rate, but sometimes also it's more expensive.

I normally do my own research first at HWZ (IT fair normally has its own section), and contact the respective dealer (Alan Photo or Cathay photo for camera items) to make a comparison...

I think nowadays the promo more or less the same between the it fair and retailer with the difference of the freebies if you don't mind....
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
mojojojo
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper
mojojojo

PostSubject: Re: IT Shows and Computer Exhibitions....   IT Shows and Computer Exhibitions.... I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 9:35 am

Bought a camera at the last show. Q for 1.5 hr to make payment and collection. If u hv the time to q then it's worth it.
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: IT Shows and Computer Exhibitions....   IT Shows and Computer Exhibitions.... I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 9:38 am

cameras at IT show nothing to shout about, you can find the same deal with similiar freebies at most of the popular camera shops. i can get canon,nikon and panasonic cameras at pretty good prices, pm if u need the contact MC.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: IT Shows and Computer Exhibitions....   IT Shows and Computer Exhibitions.... I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 11:46 am

i looking for casio.

no prizes for guessing why though...

hahahaha...
Back to top Go down
Gimson
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Gimson

PostSubject: Re: IT Shows and Computer Exhibitions....   IT Shows and Computer Exhibitions.... I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 11:49 am

Hey muar chee, the nxt IT show will be in mar10 though cos Sitex just past. You can wait till then?
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: IT Shows and Computer Exhibitions....   IT Shows and Computer Exhibitions.... I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 11:50 am

juz make sure when u buy, pls include all necessary accessories....
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: IT Shows and Computer Exhibitions....   IT Shows and Computer Exhibitions.... I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 11:52 am

i dun mind waiting... thus my initial question...

is the difference that big for me to actually wait? Are we talking about $100 or 20% difference?
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: IT Shows and Computer Exhibitions....   IT Shows and Computer Exhibitions.... I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 11:53 am

How much are those Casios in Sg now?
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: IT Shows and Computer Exhibitions....   IT Shows and Computer Exhibitions.... I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 11:54 am

mUAr_cHEe wrote:

is the difference that big for me to actually wait? Are we talking about $100 or 20% difference?

wait long long for tht kind of discount....

maybe when the model become 1-2 yr old...
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: IT Shows and Computer Exhibitions....   IT Shows and Computer Exhibitions.... I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 11:55 am

rex... someone selling $600.... as 'brand-new'....
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: IT Shows and Computer Exhibitions....   IT Shows and Computer Exhibitions.... I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 11:58 am

Siao la.

If u dun mind just having the camera only, I can get for u from Amazon. Go see the site for prices if u cannot recall how much I got mine.

Accessories u have to get urself though but shdn't be difficult to find in Sg.
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: IT Shows and Computer Exhibitions....   IT Shows and Computer Exhibitions.... I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 12:02 pm

u want the casio? JL Chong found a good deal for his for a very good price
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
Gimson
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Gimson

PostSubject: Re: IT Shows and Computer Exhibitions....   IT Shows and Computer Exhibitions.... I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 4:16 pm

Hard to compare now and 3 mths later. For this kinda of IT products, the price will go down pretty fast... My take is just wait, usually they give u more freebies such as extra batts, dry box, mem card etc...
Back to top Go down
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy
nrafee

PostSubject: Re: IT Shows and Computer Exhibitions....   IT Shows and Computer Exhibitions.... I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 11:32 pm

yeah yeah.. for IT stuff dun buy unless you really need it now.. there is an IT Show every quarter.. always good deals.. dun rush..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IT Shows and Computer Exhibitions....   IT Shows and Computer Exhibitions.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

IT Shows and Computer Exhibitions....
Page 1 of 1