Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Golfing in Perth Australia

Go down 
+7
extricate
freedrop
bigsplash
Prawnstar
chien
Nam Flog
antGolf
11 posters
AuthorMessage
antGolf
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Golfing in Perth Australia Empty
PostSubject: Golfing in Perth Australia   Golfing in Perth Australia I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2016 11:50 am

I am planning to golf for a day with my GF in Perth, Australia in April. Any good golf course to recommend? We are thinking of not bringing our golf sets there. Can we rent golf clubs there?

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Nam Flog
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Perth Australia   Golfing in Perth Australia I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2016 7:08 pm

HI you can start here.

http://www.golfrepublic.org/t27518-golfing-adventures-in-perth?highlight=perth
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Perth Australia   Golfing in Perth Australia I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2016 9:15 pm

HI Ant

Just to add in case not mentioned already, rental of clubs is expensive and the private courses there are not that cheap either... But going in April would be during such great weather and I am sure it would be a romantic experience with your girlfriend..

So wth.. Just spend the money and do it !!!! 

Have fun mate....
Back to top Go down
antGolf
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Perth Australia   Golfing in Perth Australia I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2016 6:45 pm

Thank you Chien and Nam Flog. I will bring her to Novotel Vines Resort & Country club.
Back to top Go down
Prawnstar
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Perth Australia   Golfing in Perth Australia I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 4:38 pm

Hey,

I'm going to Perth also and playing on April 30th with some mates.

This is his advise when I asked him:

- Secret Harbour
- Meadow Springs (nice)
- Port Kennedy
- The Cut
- Collier Park (public course near city / enjoyable / not too hard)
- Wembley

Have fun!

Regards,
Alex
Back to top Go down
bigsplash
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Perth Australia   Golfing in Perth Australia I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 7:19 pm

just got back and played

1. The Cut
2. Secret Harbour + Port Kennedy (15min apart)
3. El Cabarallo

Personally, my favorite was El Cabarallo. It's a very small outfit. but the owner took great pride maintaining the course. i felt they had the best green amongst the 4 course we played. Its a local course, built into the hill slopes.

the other 3 courses are magnificent in their own rights.
still, 3 links course that's not really very unique.
The Cut would prolly be my recommendation for its picture worthy scenary.

one thing i dont understand is the dismal green conditions. the fairway is great, but its common to find many marks on the green (and im not referring to pitch marks). ohterwise, golf in perth is fantaste. for that price, can hardly complain.
Back to top Go down
freedrop
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
freedrop

PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Perth Australia   Golfing in Perth Australia I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 7:38 pm

Prawnstar wrote:
Hey,

I'm going to Perth also and playing on April 30th with some mates.

This is his advise when I asked him:

- Secret Harbour
- Meadow Springs (nice)
- Port Kennedy
- The Cut
- Collier Park (public course near city / enjoyable / not too hard)
- Wembley

Have fun!

Regards,
Alex

Have played all above except Wembley. 
Collier Park is public course, not very exciting. But it's near city so if time is an issue, you can try it.
The Cut is most challenging, but you need luck as weather is unpredictable. It's a links course, no buggy.

You may want to include Joodalup, another challenging course familiar to Singaporeans.
Back to top Go down
extricate
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Perth Australia   Golfing in Perth Australia I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2016 9:05 am

might be going in Oct this year Keep the recs coming!
Back to top Go down
Prawnstar
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Perth Australia   Golfing in Perth Australia I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2016 10:37 am

cool guys! I'll prob play at collier due to time constraints.... will update later in May Smile
Back to top Go down
jd8
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Perth Australia   Golfing in Perth Australia I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2016 10:39 pm

There is buggy on fairway for The Cut when I played there last Aug National Day weekend. 

Araluen is another nice course to play, with some signature holes and kangaroos on course, sometimes resting on the greens :-)
Back to top Go down
antGolf
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Perth Australia   Golfing in Perth Australia I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2016 5:07 pm

What can people do when kangaroos are resting on the green and refuse to move? skip hole?
Back to top Go down
Gofnut
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Perth Australia   Golfing in Perth Australia I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2016 9:32 pm

antGolf wrote:
What can people do when kangaroos are resting on the green and refuse to move? skip hole?

Ha Ha. Guess you can chip over them or if they are in your line of putt, take a drop equidistant from the hole.
Back to top Go down
antGolf
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Perth Australia   Golfing in Perth Australia I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2016 12:59 am

Thanks. What if i still have 100m to reach the green? I cannot do chipping at this distance.
Back to top Go down
Gofnut
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Perth Australia   Golfing in Perth Australia I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2016 8:56 am

antGolf wrote:
Thanks. What if i still have 100m to reach the green? I cannot do chipping at this distance.
If I am worried about hurting them, I guess I will lay up short of the green and chip from thereon. Nevermind the higher score Laughing
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Perth Australia   Golfing in Perth Australia I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2016 4:48 pm

These kangaroos are a stubborn lot. Sometimes u can hit a ball into them by accident they dun even budge. Like in pic by my oz fren recently at Vines. Me thinks they are very used to the fairways and residents there liao! Golfing in Perth Australia UY_aPsSoqe40AKDlF3lu6UaLiIjCUk3sMiJe3LaW47g?size=1280x960&size_mode=3
Back to top Go down
antGolf
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Perth Australia   Golfing in Perth Australia I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2016 5:10 pm

I guess I will skip the hole and move on to the next.. Don't wish to hurt any of them..
Back to top Go down
smokey
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Perth Australia   Golfing in Perth Australia I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2016 5:29 pm

or is it dun wish them to hurt you.

Golfing in Perth Australia 2956877600000578-3110240-Roger_lives_in_The_Kangaroo_Sanctuary_Alice_Springs_in_the_North-a-68_1433387077486
Back to top Go down
Gofnut
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Perth Australia   Golfing in Perth Australia I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2016 6:26 pm

Wow!, He looks mean. Best not to meddle with him! Just skip the hole pale
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Perth Australia   Golfing in Perth Australia I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Golfing in Perth Australia
Page 1 of 1