Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tour Ad BB 6s shaft

Go down 
+2
entity
Alvinlow75
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Alvinlow75
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Tour Ad BB 6s shaft Empty
PostSubject: Tour Ad BB 6s shaft   Tour Ad BB 6s shaft I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2015 7:35 pm

Hi everyone,

Currently i have a bb6s shaft with a yamaha v202 head driver , & a Taylor made burner 1.0. I like the impact & sound made by the burner. Thinking of fitting the burner head to the bb 6s shaft.

Anyone can offer any opinion?
Back to top Go down
Alvinlow75
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tour Ad BB 6s shaft   Tour Ad BB 6s shaft I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2015 7:36 pm

Or any other driver head that will ditted well with bb 6s
Back to top Go down
entity
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tour Ad BB 6s shaft   Tour Ad BB 6s shaft I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2015 9:12 pm

If you are hitting well with the Tour AD BB 6S, as long as the head you fit to it weighs roughly the same as your current driver head, it should load and release the same way.

If the clubhead is the sound and aesthetics of the club, the shaft is the engine.  The Tour AD BB 6S is a great shaft, got to love it.  Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
jascon77
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
jascon77

PostSubject: Re: Tour Ad BB 6s shaft   Tour Ad BB 6s shaft I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2015 9:24 am

Got  this exact Tour AD BB6S  in my Titleist 915D3. Perfect combination!
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: Tour Ad BB 6s shaft   Tour Ad BB 6s shaft I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2015 11:21 am

Tat's why it's named: ' Blue Bullet'. Cool
I m gaming with it too. Enjoyed guys..Wink
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Tour Ad BB 6s shaft   Tour Ad BB 6s shaft I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2015 2:37 pm

entity wrote:
If you are hitting well with the Tour AD BB 6S, as long as the head you fit to it weighs roughly the same as your current driver head, it should load and release the same way.

If the clubhead is the sound and aesthetics of the club, the shaft is the engine.  The Tour AD BB 6S is a great shaft, got to love it.  Like a Star @ heaven
To me, the clubhead is the car body + tire, the shaft is the piston rod and the golfer is the engine ... Wink
Back to top Go down
entity
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tour Ad BB 6s shaft   Tour Ad BB 6s shaft I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2015 7:04 pm

Turbo wrote:
entity wrote:

To me, the clubhead is the car body + tire, the shaft is the piston rod and the golfer is the engine ... Wink
Haha I know our eagle-eyed GRians will single the golfer out as the main engine, so I made sure I refer to the words in bold to be specific.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Tour Ad BB 6s shaft   Tour Ad BB 6s shaft I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2015 7:08 pm

entity wrote:
Turbo wrote:
entity wrote:

Haha I know our eagle-eyed GRians will single the golfer out as the main engine, so I made sure I refer to the words in bold to be specific.
I said the golfer himself is the engine because I have seen a number of golfers having stock shafts could drive the ball much longer and with higher ball flight than those who were using premium after market shafts ... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RustyPanda
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tour Ad BB 6s shaft   Tour Ad BB 6s shaft I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 10:28 am

Golf swing is basically a dual pendulum, there are people refer to the shaft or body as the engine.  But, that does not really matters.  The point is whether the shaft suits your swing and deliver what you need.  The perception of "stock shaft vs premium shaft" is as big as an universe. If you compound it with variations of golf swing, timing of release or speed etc.  I have both stock and after-market shafts in my bag.  Love them all.

So, if you want to try the BB6s shaft on a different head, it shouldn't be any problems if the heads are similar.  The worse is to adjust the head with some weight.

And I have tried a BB6s on 913 D3 9.5", the result is great.  Golf club
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Tour Ad BB 6s shaft   Tour Ad BB 6s shaft I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 11:13 am

Realistically, after market shaft may give one the consistency in performance (i.e. trajectory, distance and direction) with lower tolerance versus stock shaft as they are built with better quality material and hence, it takes a long time before it reaches or goes beyond the Elastic limit of the shaft material. If you are thinking of increasing your distance, having a premium after market shaft is certainly not the answer. It is your swing technique that matters. Having said that, shaft flex and clubhead loft play a part too in driving distance. 

The bottom line is, one has to do his own math if it is worthwhile for social golfer to invest in branded & premium after market shaft that costs at least $300++.
Back to top Go down
RustyPanda
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tour Ad BB 6s shaft   Tour Ad BB 6s shaft I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 3:39 pm

So, the story behind is no one can give you (Alvin) a proper advice that is to you only, unless someone has the knowledge and watches you hit balls.  Then try to match a shaft/head to you.  If you have a shaft that you like, that solves a big half of the problem.  Put the clubhead in and start hitting.

If you like the feel and sound from TM Burner 1.0, try it and see how the result is.  it may/may not please you. 

And, premium or stock shafts means something if it delivers something that can be felt and seen.  marginal or not?  Played with one premium shaft myself for few months, the shaft cracked at the hosel last week, due to normal ball striking.  it has to be shortened for other club head.

Happy hitting!~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tour Ad BB 6s shaft   Tour Ad BB 6s shaft I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tour Ad BB 6s shaft
Page 1 of 1