Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any good lobang for replacement of iron grip

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
sim.t.lim
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
sim.t.lim

Any good lobang for replacement of iron grip Empty
PostSubject: Any good lobang for replacement of iron grip   Any good lobang for replacement of iron grip I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 7:57 pm

Hi...intend to replace my iron clubs grips. Any good installer to recommend?
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
willytan

PostSubject: Re: Any good lobang for replacement of iron grip   Any good lobang for replacement of iron grip I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 9:21 pm

Bro,

There are so many Brand’s and model of grip avail in the market. What do u have in mind?
Back to top Go down
milkem
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Any good lobang for replacement of iron grip   Any good lobang for replacement of iron grip I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2015 4:06 pm

I think the thread starter is asking for recommendations for grip installer, not so much the brand/model.

After trying a few places, I finally settled on having my grips done at Golf Simply @ Far East Shopping Centre. What I like about them is that they grip according to your hand size. Different shafts have different butt diameter, and different grips have different outer diameter, all of which will affect the final grip size.

Other places that I've used previously haven't bothered, eg. Standard size grip + 2 layers of tape for every club, regardless of shaft butt diameter or grip.

If you bring along an existing club with a grip size that you are very comfortable with, they will measure that grip use that measurement to install accordingly for all your other clubs.
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
willytan

PostSubject: Re: Any good lobang for replacement of iron grip   Any good lobang for replacement of iron grip I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2015 8:32 pm

I usually go Malek (Pandan gardens) to do all my fitting and grip change.

His charges are very reasonable for grips and he have reasonable choices to choose from. He will check ur grip size b4 regrip. Very friendly person.
Back to top Go down
sim.t.lim
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
sim.t.lim

PostSubject: Re: Any good lobang for replacement of iron grip   Any good lobang for replacement of iron grip I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2015 12:10 am

Hi all bros, I am not familiar what grip to change..this is my first time change grip..
Thinking is time to replace my existing stock grip after playing for almost 1-2yrs almost every week..

Basically I am looking for someone who is honest and willing to share with u the knowledge rather than just focus on selling stuffs to u. 

Just went to Far East this afternoon...just wan to know the market price for different kind of grips....
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
willytan

PostSubject: Re: Any good lobang for replacement of iron grip   Any good lobang for replacement of iron grip I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2015 8:48 am

Bro, there are many Brand and models out there for u to choose from.

The most commonly used are the Golfpride Multi Compound Cord grip (those 2 tone ones) or the Golfpride Tour velvet (black rubber grip). Grip is very personal thus it is best that u try out ur Frds club and then decide which is the one for u.

The fitter can only advise what size of grip and how many layer of tape underneath so u can better hold ur club to give u better contact.
Back to top Go down
Kaii
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Any good lobang for replacement of iron grip   Any good lobang for replacement of iron grip I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2015 11:46 pm

The cheapest way is DIY.

there are 2 butt sizes, 0.58 n 0.60". 

Buy your grips online n a roll of industrial double sided tape from hardware shop which cost about $3+ and kitchen detergent.

Mark the alignment of grip to club face on shaft
  Remove old grip with a knife n clean the shaft (if steel shaft, drip a few drops of light oil into shaft)
  Place double sided tape and wet it with a sponge soak with diluted detergent 
  Wet inside of grip with diluted detergent n a little undiluted detergent in the opening of the grip
  Get ready a piece of cloth , align the grip n push it in place.

Do give more time for drying
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: Any good lobang for replacement of iron grip   Any good lobang for replacement of iron grip I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2015 11:00 am

regrip at Golf Simply before but experience not so good. all alignment are off and have to go down again to adjust them. Did it when they just started out. maybe now is better
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any good lobang for replacement of iron grip   Any good lobang for replacement of iron grip I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any good lobang for replacement of iron grip
Page 1 of 1