Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is TGM for me??????

Go down 
+14
shotah
weesern
The Golfing Machine
yelnats
Right_sided_coach
jaketang
mervyntan
Khorkar
Lamts18
Ssquirrel
S70B
X-Man
jimmychoo
shorthitter
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

Is TGM for me?????? Empty
PostSubject: Is TGM for me??????   Is TGM for me?????? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 6:08 pm

Brian Gay has won twice recently using the TGM method. I know nothing about this method but I may have to learn quickly..... Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jimmychoo

PostSubject: Re: Is TGM for me??????   Is TGM for me?????? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 8:28 am

What's a TGM?
Back to top Go down
X-Man
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
X-Man

PostSubject: Re: Is TGM for me??????   Is TGM for me?????? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 9:38 am

TGM = The Golfing Machine?

Hmm... what happened to RSS = Right Sided Swing?

Comments anyone?
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: Is TGM for me??????   Is TGM for me?????? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 1:08 pm

X-Man wrote:
TGM = The Golfing Machine?

Hmm... what happened to RSS = Right Sided Swing?

Comments anyone?

TGM and RSS dont like each other.... I really dont no enough about their methods to comment... but from winning point of view lately TGM has upper hand!! 8)
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Is TGM for me??????   Is TGM for me?????? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 12:12 am

Short-coming might be distance? He was outdriven a mile by his flightmates on Sunday.
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: Is TGM for me??????   Is TGM for me?????? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 8:52 am

S70B wrote:
Short-coming might be distance? He was outdriven a mile by his flightmates on Sunday.

Picked up $1 million cheque.... bet he doesnt care Wink
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

PostSubject: Re: Is TGM for me??????   Is TGM for me?????? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 10:09 am

I like and agree with most of the TGM concepts. But it helps if the instructor can put it in plain everyday english and not just quote from the book.

Even in TGM, there are the purists who like to quote stuff like for maximum power for swingers, you need 6-B-3A then incorporate 10-20, 10-24-E for Automatic Snap Release..etc..etc.
Then you also have the "semi-TGM" guys like Brian Manzella, who I think is pretty good too.

RSS... I don't know yet; I'm too busy to continue with my 2 remaining lessons with the RSS guys. But I don't really see myself sticking to a "pure" RSS type swing in the long run.
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: Is TGM for me??????   Is TGM for me?????? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 11:38 am

Ssquirrel wrote:
I like and agree with most of the TGM concepts. But it helps if the instructor can put it in plain everyday english and not just quote from the book.

Even in TGM, there are the purists who like to quote stuff like for maximum power for swingers, you need 6-B-3A then incorporate 10-20, 10-24-E for Automatic Snap Release..etc..etc.
Then you also have the "semi-TGM" guys like Brian Manzella, who I think is pretty good too.

RSS... I don't know yet; I'm too busy to continue with my 2 remaining lessons with the RSS guys. But I don't really see myself sticking to a "pure" RSS type swing in the long run.

I guess we have have to find a swing that suits our body frame and setup.. so i guess just have to practice more and go CNX more.... Laughing
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: Is TGM for me??????   Is TGM for me?????? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 12:21 pm

Ssquirrel wrote:

I played with Bobby Clampett once, he is big TGM man, hits it very well too... I think I to old to change have to work on putting instead! No
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Is TGM for me??????   Is TGM for me?????? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 4:42 am

shorthitter wrote:
S70B wrote:

I think its more due to his putting stroke. He holed it from everywhere. 8)
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: Is TGM for me??????   Is TGM for me?????? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 8:36 am

S70B wrote:
shorthitter wrote:
S70B wrote:

I think its more due to his putting stroke. He holed it from everywhere. 8)

Actually (and I am in no way promoting TGM) that used to be the case until he switched to this method.

That is what made me take notice.

For years he relied on his putter, but since changing coaches his ball striking has improved, and of course two wins.. I only no this because while watching the commentators were making such a big deal of it...
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Is TGM for me??????   Is TGM for me?????? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 12:46 pm

I had a brief session with Justin in Dr Ng's Office, he gave me a few tips on TGM striking the ball and bit on hinges/swing take away. I must admit that I am truly impressed and am planning to take up lessons from him later in the year. On earlier comments, I do not see where TGM lost out in distance versus to RSS or other methods. Instead, I would say that it has better distance than others, for one, TGM believes in de-lofting the club as in hitting down the ball.
Back to top Go down
mervyntan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mervyntan

PostSubject: Re: Is TGM for me??????   Is TGM for me?????? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 7:20 pm

TGM or RSS, at the end of the day, i think the most important thing is to be able to easily repeat the swing under pressure. i don't know about RSS, but TGM is quite intuitive once u get the hang of it. but getting there is not easy, as there are numerous counter-intuitive things which are fundamental to the swing which is contrary to popular belief. things such as not flipping the wrists, which a large proportion of us beginners do, and the active right shoulder etc.

anyway, i was taught by justin, and my friends whom i play with in UK have remarked that my ball-striking is extremely crisp now, compared to before lessons. so the results speak for themselves.. cheers!
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Is TGM for me??????   Is TGM for me?????? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 11:26 pm

mervyntan wrote:
my friends whom i play with in UK have remarked that my ball-striking is extremely crisp now, compared to before lessons. so the results speak for themselves.. cheers!

ai seh....looks like we need to have a game with the crisp-striker once he's back... geek
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: Is TGM for me??????   Is TGM for me?????? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 12:18 am

wow... awaiting this "showdown" with anticipation... crisp-striker vs hard hitter.. i be your caddy la..
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Is TGM for me??????   Is TGM for me?????? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 12:40 am

Crisp-striker sounds like someone who likes to hit potato chips! lol!
Back to top Go down
mervyntan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mervyntan

PostSubject: Re: Is TGM for me??????   Is TGM for me?????? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 8:41 am

alamak, how can compare with u.. i used to be rubbish at hitting the ball... the small ball that is, but big ball, 100% of my golf swings hit the big ball before the small ball..

now, 1/10 of my shots contact with the small white ball before the big ball... so that is an improvement for me, and that's why i say my ball striking is more crisp... please don't misunderstand me.. but then again, i am going to buy a copy of the TGM and try to digest it. gonna be an uphill struggle. my poor brain!
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Is TGM for me??????   Is TGM for me?????? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 2:01 pm

simi is TGM?

top general meeting?
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

PostSubject: Re: Is TGM for me??????   Is TGM for me?????? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 2:17 pm

TGM=The Golfing Machine.
I'm not sure if it's now a "brand/method" of golfing but it started out as a book by Homer Kelley.

Justin Tang (hope I got his name correct) in Singapore teaches this method if you're interested.
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

PostSubject: Re: Is TGM for me??????   Is TGM for me?????? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 2:19 pm

Lamts18 wrote:
wow... awaiting this "showdown" with anticipation... crisp-striker vs hard hitter.. i be your caddy la..

We join in... as the "chap pa lang" golfers! Laughing
Back to top Go down
mervyntan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mervyntan

PostSubject: Re: Is TGM for me??????   Is TGM for me?????? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 6:17 pm

i have read parts of the book before. it is filled with arcane terminology and so on and so forth. best to get someone like justin who's experienced in TGM and trained in its techniques to give u a lesson. i reckon it would be extremely frustrating for a beginner in TGM to go through the book by himself.

that said, TGM was invented by a non-golfer, so..... u have to decide. haha
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Is TGM for me??????   Is TGM for me?????? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 6:30 pm

Lamts18 wrote:

Mr Lam, allow me to correct you..

"Crisp striker vs Ballhitter"
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: Is TGM for me??????   Is TGM for me?????? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 7:19 pm

Khorkar wrote:
Lamts18 wrote:

Mr Lam, allow me to correct you..

"Crisp striker vs Ballhitter"

Can I play I am only a shorthitter...
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Is TGM for me??????   Is TGM for me?????? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 7:38 pm

Shorthitter, for you...

"Crisp striker vs Ballhitter vs Golf Guru"

Now, we need one more top notch player...
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Is TGM for me??????   Is TGM for me?????? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 9:01 pm

Ssquirrel wrote:
Lamts18 wrote:

We join in... as the "chap pa lang" golfers! Laughing

I dunno what showdown you guys are toking abt. I was just tryin to form a flight. tongue
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is TGM for me??????   Is TGM for me?????? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is TGM for me??????
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Clubhouse :: Tour Talk-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.