Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SEA Games 2015 Golf

Go down 
+12
Cyp_PGA
audibum
hkhamateur
oldie-newbie
jamezponk
nientsu
pocketace
skybobo
flashpacker
Turbo
renode
Hogan
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

SEA Games 2015 Golf - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEA Games 2015 Golf   SEA Games 2015 Golf - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 4:01 pm

Looking at the scores... if our players can post consistent score close to par for all rounds, their chance for medal will be very high.

just look at the woman champion, her score is very consistent.... silver and bronze both had 1 bad day...

Sock hwee is not getting any help from her teammates... their scores are consistently back.... I guess the pressure has gotten to them.
Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

SEA Games 2015 Golf - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEA Games 2015 Golf   SEA Games 2015 Golf - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 5:00 pm

weesern wrote:
Looking at the scores... if our players can post consistent score close to par for all rounds, their chance for medal will be very high.

just look at the woman champion, her score is very consistent.... silver and bronze both had 1 bad day...

Sock hwee is not getting any help from her teammates... their scores are consistently back.... I guess the pressure has gotten to them.

Singaporeans can do well in golf.
Look at MM. He has proven himself.

We have the resources, technology etc to do well in this game.
Hopefully with medals and titles, this game will get more recognition and save the golf clubs from perishing.  Club membership should not be  seen just as an investment too. We need solid sportmanship and see similar success like swimming, sailing, bowling where we see homegrown talents nurtured.

Look at the thais - Thongchai, Thawont, "Fei Jai", they are punching their weight beyond their traditional European powerhouse counterparts. 
Needless to say, the Korean ladies are proving that Asians (given their physique) can do extremely well in this game.
Back to top Go down

SEA Games 2015 Golf
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2