Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jimenez Bradley spat, closest to a Mayweather Pacquiao fight in golf

Go down 
+8
Kaii
TDO
shimizu.toruk
Turbo
flashpacker
hillgreen
chien
sob
12 posters
AuthorMessage
sob
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
sob

Jimenez Bradley spat, closest to a Mayweather Pacquiao fight in golf Empty
PostSubject: Jimenez Bradley spat, closest to a Mayweather Pacquiao fight in golf   Jimenez Bradley spat, closest to a Mayweather Pacquiao fight in golf I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 9:05 pm

Any of your kakis like that?
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: Jimenez Bradley spat, closest to a Mayweather Pacquiao fight in golf   Jimenez Bradley spat, closest to a Mayweather Pacquiao fight in golf I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 10:55 pm

Thank goodness no.. All my kakis are good guys.. No point getting all worked up in our amateur golf..

But again they are professionals.. They play for million$ week in week out... 

Many said golf is boring and for the old men.. maybe some blood might change the perception Very Happy
Back to top Go down
hillgreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
hillgreen

PostSubject: Re: Jimenez Bradley spat, closest to a Mayweather Pacquiao fight in golf   Jimenez Bradley spat, closest to a Mayweather Pacquiao fight in golf I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2015 12:37 am

Think i saw Jiminez trying to shake his hand with Bradley's caddie at end of game but was not accepted.
Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Jimenez Bradley spat, closest to a Mayweather Pacquiao fight in golf   Jimenez Bradley spat, closest to a Mayweather Pacquiao fight in golf I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2015 8:11 am

-1 to KB.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Jimenez Bradley spat, closest to a Mayweather Pacquiao fight in golf   Jimenez Bradley spat, closest to a Mayweather Pacquiao fight in golf I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2015 1:55 pm

I thought golf is supposed to be a gentlemen game? Hmm ... scratch
Back to top Go down
shimizu.toruk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
shimizu.toruk

PostSubject: Re: Jimenez Bradley spat, closest to a Mayweather Pacquiao fight in golf   Jimenez Bradley spat, closest to a Mayweather Pacquiao fight in golf I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2015 4:22 pm

KB's caddy like also not very gentleman leh, no handshake after the game? Would have a been a good time to let it go, then go knock back a beer or 2 at the club house...
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Jimenez Bradley spat, closest to a Mayweather Pacquiao fight in golf   Jimenez Bradley spat, closest to a Mayweather Pacquiao fight in golf I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2015 4:34 pm

And all in full view of TV cameras. Geez.... Rolling Eyes

Last edited by TDO on Mon May 04, 2015 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sob
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
sob

PostSubject: Re: Jimenez Bradley spat, closest to a Mayweather Pacquiao fight in golf   Jimenez Bradley spat, closest to a Mayweather Pacquiao fight in golf I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2015 5:49 pm

I heard that there was more drama in the changing room, but not caught on TV.

Anyone catch the poor rules official that was in the middle of the spat?
He could have stop the nonsense but stepping in, which he did not.
Back to top Go down
Kaii
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Jimenez Bradley spat, closest to a Mayweather Pacquiao fight in golf   Jimenez Bradley spat, closest to a Mayweather Pacquiao fight in golf I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2015 6:54 pm

Hypocrisy selfhood in Golf. "Sorry" is just a mere word when its not from the heart.
Back to top Go down
xredevilx
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Jimenez Bradley spat, closest to a Mayweather Pacquiao fight in golf   Jimenez Bradley spat, closest to a Mayweather Pacquiao fight in golf I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2015 8:56 pm

the full story perhaps from a more neutral perspective.

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golf-central-blog/shut-bradley-jimenez-go-nose-nose-over-rulings/
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Jimenez Bradley spat, closest to a Mayweather Pacquiao fight in golf   Jimenez Bradley spat, closest to a Mayweather Pacquiao fight in golf I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2015 10:49 pm

Well, I think Jimenez should not scold/told Keegan's caddy to "shut up"... That was uncalled for ...
Back to top Go down
Gofnut
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Jimenez Bradley spat, closest to a Mayweather Pacquiao fight in golf   Jimenez Bradley spat, closest to a Mayweather Pacquiao fight in golf I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 9:00 am

Yes, MAJ should not have scolded KB's caddy. It should have been KB who should tell his caddy to shut up. Only three people should be involved in the issue i.e. the referee and the two players.
 I am still wondering what relief was given to KB. Was it relief from movable obstructions (the plastic fencing)? if so, then they should just move away the temporary fence. Or was it relief given for the ball stopping on the track? If this is the case, then the drop should be at the nearest point of relief. But in one commentary, it was mentioned that the ball was first dropped on the track and it rolled but apparently remained on the track and thus a second drop was given. In the absence of further information, I find this rather confusing.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Jimenez Bradley spat, closest to a Mayweather Pacquiao fight in golf   Jimenez Bradley spat, closest to a Mayweather Pacquiao fight in golf I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 11:13 am

I believe in the first place KB's caddie should not have interfered. His job is to caddie for the player. Whatever disputes or disagreements between players, it should be left to the rules official to decide. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
smokey
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Jimenez Bradley spat, closest to a Mayweather Pacquiao fight in golf   Jimenez Bradley spat, closest to a Mayweather Pacquiao fight in golf I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 12:41 pm

They always say the role of a caddie is to:

Show Up
Keep Up
Shut Up
Back to top Go down
neutralgolfer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: Jimenez Bradley spat, closest to a Mayweather Pacquiao fight in golf   Jimenez Bradley spat, closest to a Mayweather Pacquiao fight in golf I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 1:59 pm

Gofnut wrote:
Yes, MAJ should not have scolded KB's caddy. It should have been KB who should tell his caddy to shut up. Only three people should be involved in the issue i.e. the referee and the two players.
 I am still wondering what relief was given to KB. Was it relief from movable obstructions (the plastic fencing)? if so, then they should just move away the temporary fence. Or was it relief given for the ball stopping on the track? If this is the case, then the drop should be at the nearest point of relief. But in one commentary, it was mentioned that the ball was first dropped on the track and it rolled but apparently remained on the track and thus a second drop was given. In the absence of further information, I find this rather confusing.
Went for golf rules school, this is the correct way of taking relief. 1st free drop from obstruction, if fall on track, then drop from track again. Remember the rules only allow 1 club length from obstruction. 
We amateur always combined it as one. If they drop the way like us, they will be penalised of dropping in wrong location, will end up 2 strokes penalty.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Jimenez Bradley spat, closest to a Mayweather Pacquiao fight in golf   Jimenez Bradley spat, closest to a Mayweather Pacquiao fight in golf I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 2:05 pm

neutralgolfer wrote:

We amateur always combined it as one. If they drop the way like us, they will be penalised of dropping in wrong location, will end up 2 strokes penalty.
Bro, where did you attend the golf rules? Quite keen on learning more about the rules. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
neutralgolfer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: Jimenez Bradley spat, closest to a Mayweather Pacquiao fight in golf   Jimenez Bradley spat, closest to a Mayweather Pacquiao fight in golf I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 3:00 pm

TDO wrote:
neutralgolfer wrote:

Bro, where did you attend the golf rules? Quite keen on learning more about the rules. Very Happy
I used to join SSG and I understand they offer these rules course through clubs. 

PM me and I can pass you the contact person and you can check with him when they conduct such courses.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Jimenez Bradley spat, closest to a Mayweather Pacquiao fight in golf   Jimenez Bradley spat, closest to a Mayweather Pacquiao fight in golf I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 7:55 pm

Whether the Spaniard or the American is right, who cares? It would be water under the bridge at the end of the day ... However, there is only one fella laughing all the way to the bank at the end of the day ... He is none other than the World's #1 ...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jimenez Bradley spat, closest to a Mayweather Pacquiao fight in golf   Jimenez Bradley spat, closest to a Mayweather Pacquiao fight in golf I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jimenez Bradley spat, closest to a Mayweather Pacquiao fight in golf
Page 1 of 1