Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New coach on the block!

Go down 
+3
leoie
Chunky Munky
Ainsim
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Ainsim
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

New coach on the block! Empty
PostSubject: New coach on the block!   New coach on the block! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 9:20 pm

Hi guys! My name is Ian Sim and this is my first post in this forum. I've been here quite a few times though, and I have to say this community is really friendly, and I would love to be a part of it!

So here's a little self introduction: I'm a full member of the SPGA, turning pro in 2009. I've been teaching golf at Marina Bay Golf Course from 2010 to 2013, and only leaving my teaching position because I wanted to train full time. I spent 10 months training in a programme called Pro Tour Golf College down in Perth, Australia, and now I'm currently back in Singapore and will be teaching at Punggol driving range. I will still be training hard as I set a 5 year plan to get onto the Asian Tour. Lofty goal, I know, I've been told that it's not easy, or that I'm too old or not talented enough, but hey we only live once right? If we don't try we will never know!

A little bit about my teaching ideology. I can talk numbers: attack and launch angles, spin rates, statistics, spine and plane angles, etc. I've studied biomechanics and sports science, as well as golf and sports psychology. I may not be the most knowledgeable in these aspects, but I truly enjoy sharing and discussing what I know with others, and I find immense satisfaction in helping others achieve their dreams.

I do not have a fixed template when it comes to teaching as I believe the game of golf has so many facets to it, and also because we humans are so diverse. Forget the swing, even our body types vary greatly! I believe everyone may have to take different routes to achieve improvement, but the end destination should not be to achieve a beautiful or "correct" swing, but rather the ability to shoot lower scores consistently.

Apologies in advance, I may not be very active in these forums, but I look forward to making new friends! Feel free to drop me any questions or queries here or on my mobile: 94557811. Alternatively you can come find me at punggol, I will be doing most of my practice there. Come chat with me if you feel like it, I'm a lot friendlier than I look. Smile Happy golfing meanwhile!
Back to top Go down
Chunky Munky
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Chunky Munky

PostSubject: Re: New coach on the block!   New coach on the block! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2015 8:21 am

Hi Ian!

Have dropped you a message and will certainly see you up at the range soon! Smile
Back to top Go down
leoie
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
leoie

PostSubject: Re: New coach on the block!   New coach on the block! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2015 10:07 am

dropped u a msg Ian.
Back to top Go down
jhan18
Playing Professional
Playing Professional
jhan18

PostSubject: Re: New coach on the block!   New coach on the block! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2015 12:48 pm

Good stuff Ian. Good luck with both the coaching and playing! Cheers
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: New coach on the block!   New coach on the block! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2015 2:34 pm

Always remember the young tanned man teaching kids at mbgc's chipping green.

Welcome back to SG Ian.
Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New coach on the block!   New coach on the block! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2015 5:52 pm

Hope you will achieve your dreams of playing at the Asian Tour!
Cheers
Back to top Go down
9points
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
9points

PostSubject: Re: New coach on the block!   New coach on the block! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2015 10:01 pm

Great stuff Ian ! Welcome to the forum and wish you every success in both teaching and playing mate !!
Back to top Go down
Ainsim
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New coach on the block!   New coach on the block! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2015 11:17 pm

Thanks everyone! Sorry I just realized I can't reply via PM as I don't have enough posts, so it'll have to be via mobile for now. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New coach on the block!   New coach on the block! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New coach on the block!
Page 1 of 1