Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

*NEW* AimPoint ADVANCED Level 3 Classes - Coming to Singapore May 16-17

Go down 
+11
skybobo
chien
pocketace
matoonia
xredevilx
neutralgolfer
iuh
andrew-golf
sob
Kaii
SGGolfCoaching
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
sob
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
sob

*NEW* AimPoint ADVANCED Level 3 Classes - Coming to Singapore May 16-17 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: *NEW* AimPoint ADVANCED Level 3 Classes - Coming to Singapore May 16-17   *NEW* AimPoint ADVANCED Level 3 Classes - Coming to Singapore May 16-17 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2015 9:41 pm

chien wrote:
Why nobody asking kaii how many putts he averages power round?  I'm keen to know too...
ROFL ROFL ROFL
Back to top Go down
Kaii
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

*NEW* AimPoint ADVANCED Level 3 Classes - Coming to Singapore May 16-17 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: *NEW* AimPoint ADVANCED Level 3 Classes - Coming to Singapore May 16-17   *NEW* AimPoint ADVANCED Level 3 Classes - Coming to Singapore May 16-17 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2015 10:10 pm

me, there was never any dissension or sentiment to begin. if I m paying top dollars to enrol in classes, I want to know the level of my coach and the areas of improvement that I can gain. however, seems we are not suppose to question any authoritarian, hearsay n blind submission is the norm here.

I don't have to polish the apple I eat n prefer to interact with people that has a mind of his own.
Back to top Go down
iuh
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
iuh

PostSubject: Re: *NEW* AimPoint ADVANCED Level 3 Classes - Coming to Singapore May 16-17   *NEW* AimPoint ADVANCED Level 3 Classes - Coming to Singapore May 16-17 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2015 11:02 pm

Kaii wrote:
me, there was never any dissension or sentiment to begin. if I m paying top dollars to enrol in classes, I want to know the level of my coach and the areas of improvement that I can gain. however, seems we are not suppose to question any authoritarian, hearsay n blind submission is the norm here.

I don't have to polish the apple I eat n prefer to interact with people that has a mind of his own.

chill, you are right to question/nitpick and some of us simply shared our experiences.  Very Happy where is the hearsay and blind submission? in fact my peers noticed the difference in my reading of the green and they signed up for the next session in may.

so whats your average number of putts per round? did you putt a few hundred times on the same green in order to achieve this?
Back to top Go down
xredevilx
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: *NEW* AimPoint ADVANCED Level 3 Classes - Coming to Singapore May 16-17   *NEW* AimPoint ADVANCED Level 3 Classes - Coming to Singapore May 16-17 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2015 11:16 pm

Kaii wrote:

Lol, what BS......

any comments in this thread to justify the point above?

jeez...
Back to top Go down
Kaii
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: *NEW* AimPoint ADVANCED Level 3 Classes - Coming to Singapore May 16-17   *NEW* AimPoint ADVANCED Level 3 Classes - Coming to Singapore May 16-17 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2015 11:21 pm

perhaps I should change - intellect that has a mind of his own. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
iuh
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
iuh

PostSubject: Re: *NEW* AimPoint ADVANCED Level 3 Classes - Coming to Singapore May 16-17   *NEW* AimPoint ADVANCED Level 3 Classes - Coming to Singapore May 16-17 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2015 11:32 pm

Kaii wrote:
perhaps I should change - intellect that has a mind of his own. Very Happy

Very Happy better

so whats your average number of putts per round? did you putt a few hundred times on the same green in order to achieve this?
Back to top Go down
neutralgolfer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: *NEW* AimPoint ADVANCED Level 3 Classes - Coming to Singapore May 16-17   *NEW* AimPoint ADVANCED Level 3 Classes - Coming to Singapore May 16-17 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 9:36 am

matoonia wrote:
neutralgolfer wrote:
Kaii wrote:
funny , a question has no answer but only feedbacks. guess the instructor is going to have a difficult time tutoring. when participant cant read n understand what is written in black n white. wonder how is he going to gasp mentally when comes to green reading. Shocked
This is just something to help you read green, not something that will make you super good putter. Ultimately it still depends on your own putting techniques.
If you are good in green reading, this is not for you.

This is not a putting lesson, hence you may be confused with the intention.

So what lesson to improve putting techniques? Played a game 103 yesterday got 10 3-putts and 1 4-putt Embarassed
There are 3 aspects in putting;
1. Techniques - this is where you can practice a lot on your own, whatever style you chose, the aim is let the ball go where you aim.
2. Distance (strength control) - This is also through practice. You need to control the distance of the ball. 
3. Reading breaks - This is through experience, the more you play the more you will understand how breaks affect your ball. Aimpoint is very good, it helps you to have better green reading in short time and accurately. Reduce your guessing on breaks.

You can enroll for Aimpoint and see the difference.
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: *NEW* AimPoint ADVANCED Level 3 Classes - Coming to Singapore May 16-17   *NEW* AimPoint ADVANCED Level 3 Classes - Coming to Singapore May 16-17 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 10:23 am

Like what my friend puts it

Aim point provides a basis of how to read breaks and how much breaks to take

If one golfer can improve on his/her percentage of 3ft to 8ft putts

SCore will improve tremendously

So is this autocracy or authoritarian?

There is certainly no indication of that

But I must say there are plenty of golfers here who benefited from this course

Like what they also always say

Don't recommend things that are no good
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: *NEW* AimPoint ADVANCED Level 3 Classes - Coming to Singapore May 16-17   *NEW* AimPoint ADVANCED Level 3 Classes - Coming to Singapore May 16-17 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 10:40 pm

So.... No numbers from mr kaii ....?

"funny, a question has no answer. ... "   bounce
Back to top Go down
Kaii
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: *NEW* AimPoint ADVANCED Level 3 Classes - Coming to Singapore May 16-17   *NEW* AimPoint ADVANCED Level 3 Classes - Coming to Singapore May 16-17 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 1:15 am

I do not wish to hijack the thread or being impolite to thread starter or others. so let this be my last post in this thread and I try to activate your flow of dopamine as much as possible.

pocketace - Please don't assume my answer if the stats were different. ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL F***  UPZ...  "There will always be haters and doubters" I might be the doubter but who is the hater? - I don't need the answer.

chien - are u going to engage me to be your putting coach to ask for my resume? don't think u can afford me and don't think I have the time. whether I putt 30 or 60, what has it got to do with u?

iuh - of all the feedbacks here, u are the most pathetic. please learn to read. I wrote  " IF I putt a few hundreds time on the same green, I believed I can be very good too" Write it down on a piece of paper and read it again n again  till u can understand what I meant.

sob - "I don't have to polish the apple that I eat n prefer to interact with people that has his own mind" just be your self n that is no need be sore n eat curry flavour every time.

xredevilx - taking texts out from a sentence to comment is evil. I don't think I have included you in the "we" n I don't think I am your acquaintance. don't be so thick skin lah.

Andrew - u are the good n kind guy here. in this society, kindness is taken as a weakness. Kind is Ok but don't be weak. The authoritarian I m referring is someone that u have to listen to, your coach, teacher or someone who is giving you instructions.

xre
Back to top Go down
skybobo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: *NEW* AimPoint ADVANCED Level 3 Classes - Coming to Singapore May 16-17   *NEW* AimPoint ADVANCED Level 3 Classes - Coming to Singapore May 16-17 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 2:18 pm

I think by asking the coach to try the tour is in itself a sarcastic and rude remark.  It is  very obvious for all to see.  Being a good putter does not equate a good player. Look, the coach is saying he is a putting coach not a swing coach.
Back to top Go down
Kaii
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: *NEW* AimPoint ADVANCED Level 3 Classes - Coming to Singapore May 16-17   *NEW* AimPoint ADVANCED Level 3 Classes - Coming to Singapore May 16-17 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 3:50 pm

skybobo wrote:
I think by asking the coach to try the tour is in itself a sarcastic and rude remark.  It is  very obvious for all to see.  Being a good putter does not equate a good player. Look, the coach is saying he is a putting coach not a swing coach.
please don't accuse me of being rude n I don't believed I have to define "rude". my question may be harsh and my remark was never rude. 27-29 /round , please do your maths.
Back to top Go down
nkglfrs
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: *NEW* AimPoint ADVANCED Level 3 Classes - Coming to Singapore May 16-17   *NEW* AimPoint ADVANCED Level 3 Classes - Coming to Singapore May 16-17 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 7:56 pm

Kaii wrote:
skybobo wrote:
please don't accuse me of being rude n I don't believed I have to define "rude". my question may be harsh and my remark was never rude. 27-29 /round , please do your maths.
Ic ... Only Kaii is allowed to define everything under the sun. Others are not entitled to think that he is rude ...

We are back to the emperor era now ...
Back to top Go down
nremda
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
nremda

PostSubject: Re: *NEW* AimPoint ADVANCED Level 3 Classes - Coming to Singapore May 16-17   *NEW* AimPoint ADVANCED Level 3 Classes - Coming to Singapore May 16-17 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 9:45 pm

Pardon my ignorance... isn't 27 to 29 a very respectable score for a coach? Its 1.6 putts a hole. To put things into context to current pro players

Adam Scott - 30.18 putts per round (http://www.pgatour.com/players/player.24502.adam-scott.html/statistics)

Lydia Ko - 29.96 putts per round (http://www.lpga.com/players/lydia-ko/98109/stats)

Granted the conditions (green speed, hole placement, stress) are different but even for a coach, amateur, social gamer to have such a putting average is very desirable.
Back to top Go down
SGGolfCoaching
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
SGGolfCoaching

PostSubject: Re: *NEW* AimPoint ADVANCED Level 3 Classes - Coming to Singapore May 16-17   *NEW* AimPoint ADVANCED Level 3 Classes - Coming to Singapore May 16-17 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2015 6:23 pm

Just a few points to clarify firstly the PGATour averages from 27.5 - 31 putts per round.

Secondly I did play the local tour in Australia for almost 4 years with limited success, though due to a back injury I was unable to compete at the level I needed to. My putting stats tended to be low even as a junior golfer as I relied a lot on my short game. My ball striking was never consistent enough as I only averaging 9-11 greens in regulation per round. I was quite proficient though at getting the ball up and down with many one putts.

I've always had a passion for coaching and so that's the pathway I've chosen. I teach all facets of the game including full-swing and work with players on the LPGA, European an Asian Tour some for over 10 years. Putting and short-game has always been a strength of my game and up until the past 2-3 years it's been a real focus in my teaching.

As many of you know total putts can be somewhat of a deceiving stat and so for me it doesn't hold much weight when I'm talking about or working on putting performance. I need to know where my students are loosing strokes on the green and from what distances. Putts gained is a stat which truly reflects putting performance, with all my elite players they must log all putts hit during tournament rounds.

Here's a little article on putts gained, I'm sure many of you are familiar with this stat.

http://www.pga.com/new-pga-tour-putting-statistic-aims-take-bias-out-previous-stats

All the best
Back to top Go down
xredevilx
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: *NEW* AimPoint ADVANCED Level 3 Classes - Coming to Singapore May 16-17   *NEW* AimPoint ADVANCED Level 3 Classes - Coming to Singapore May 16-17 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2015 7:03 pm

Kaii wrote:
I do not wish to hijack the thread or being impolite to thread starter or others. so let this be my last post in this thread and I try to activate your flow of dopamine as much as possible.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: *NEW* AimPoint ADVANCED Level 3 Classes - Coming to Singapore May 16-17   *NEW* AimPoint ADVANCED Level 3 Classes - Coming to Singapore May 16-17 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2015 10:20 pm

I personally have immense respect for pro golfers; as well as pro sports people

It's not easy to be always top form, top mental, top consistent week in week out

Gets tougher as we get older and especially so in the game of golf

I don't get paid here

But if any Grians here wanna have a quick fix on green reading. Look no further

I'm speaking as someone who benefited and this changed my game
Back to top Go down
beehome
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
beehome

PostSubject: Re: *NEW* AimPoint ADVANCED Level 3 Classes - Coming to Singapore May 16-17   *NEW* AimPoint ADVANCED Level 3 Classes - Coming to Singapore May 16-17 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2015 12:10 am

Hi SGGolfCoaching, thanks for the article on putts gained. Very informative and interesting.  cheers
Back to top Go down
Kaii
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: *NEW* AimPoint ADVANCED Level 3 Classes - Coming to Singapore May 16-17   *NEW* AimPoint ADVANCED Level 3 Classes - Coming to Singapore May 16-17 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2015 12:06 pm

Congrats

You have succeeded in many ways even not as a tour player . as you can see that many have vouched for you in this thread especially Andrew. The social behaviour might be still at adolescence stages but golf enthusiasm is at its peak . Hope you will give your 110% in your coaching here so to create the "Asian Pride" out of the younger generation.

Good luck
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: *NEW* AimPoint ADVANCED Level 3 Classes - Coming to Singapore May 16-17   *NEW* AimPoint ADVANCED Level 3 Classes - Coming to Singapore May 16-17 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2015 1:49 pm

*NEW* AimPoint ADVANCED Level 3 Classes - Coming to Singapore May 16-17 - Page 2 I%20Told%20You%20So_zpsxkvp7kow
Back to top Go down
Dstruc
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Dstruc

PostSubject: Re: *NEW* AimPoint ADVANCED Level 3 Classes - Coming to Singapore May 16-17   *NEW* AimPoint ADVANCED Level 3 Classes - Coming to Singapore May 16-17 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 11:37 am

Aiyo! It's just a post offering a lesson that might be of help to friends here... Peace my friends.

Anyway, I'm interested in level 1 & 2 on May 17. Is it full?
Back to top Go down
SGGolfCoaching
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
SGGolfCoaching

PostSubject: Re: *NEW* AimPoint ADVANCED Level 3 Classes - Coming to Singapore May 16-17   *NEW* AimPoint ADVANCED Level 3 Classes - Coming to Singapore May 16-17 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2015 2:37 pm

Hi there, currently all classes are fully booked though we are looking at opening up an extra class at Keppel Club on Monday 18th 9-11am. Limited spots for non-members 

Tq
Back to top Go down
SGGolfCoaching
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
SGGolfCoaching

PostSubject: Re: *NEW* AimPoint ADVANCED Level 3 Classes - Coming to Singapore May 16-17   *NEW* AimPoint ADVANCED Level 3 Classes - Coming to Singapore May 16-17 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2015 11:59 am

Just a reminder for all those who have booked for classes this weekend at NSRCC, please arrive 20-30 minutes before class to register your name. We will meet at the main putting green near the driving range and you only need to bring along your putter and an open mind.

For those who were unable to register a spot for the weekend I've opened up and additional class @ NSRCC 1pm-3pm on Friday 15th and still have a few spots available.

Many thanks and look forward to working with some new AimPointers.

#makeeverything
Back to top Go down
sob
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
sob

PostSubject: Re: *NEW* AimPoint ADVANCED Level 3 Classes - Coming to Singapore May 16-17   *NEW* AimPoint ADVANCED Level 3 Classes - Coming to Singapore May 16-17 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2015 7:55 pm

Any spots for level 3?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *NEW* AimPoint ADVANCED Level 3 Classes - Coming to Singapore May 16-17   *NEW* AimPoint ADVANCED Level 3 Classes - Coming to Singapore May 16-17 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

*NEW* AimPoint ADVANCED Level 3 Classes - Coming to Singapore May 16-17
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2