Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What happened to Golf Channel (Starhub)?

Go down 
+13
Elephant789
jmchan
xlr871
Choo Yao Chuen
rlhk
locoBware
nutty88
ZiDan
jascon77
dreamer
jason.koh.54966
reallys
flashpacker
17 posters
AuthorMessage
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

What happened to Golf Channel (Starhub)? Empty
PostSubject: What happened to Golf Channel (Starhub)?   What happened to Golf Channel (Starhub)? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2015 9:13 pm

Hi, 

What happened to Channel 204 Golf Channel?
Disappeared?
Back to top Go down
reallys
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
reallys

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Golf Channel (Starhub)?   What happened to Golf Channel (Starhub)? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2015 9:21 pm

Still around under the new name of "Super Sports 4". Watching SA Open now.
Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Golf Channel (Starhub)?   What happened to Golf Channel (Starhub)? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2015 11:18 pm

Thanks, but not the same. They dont show school of golf...Sad
Back to top Go down
jason.koh.54966
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
jason.koh.54966

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Golf Channel (Starhub)?   What happened to Golf Channel (Starhub)? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 8:32 am

Paid specially for Golf Channel but now they mix with others, damned TL!
Back to top Go down
dreamer
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Golf Channel (Starhub)?   What happened to Golf Channel (Starhub)? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 10:56 am

I felt the same way.
I got the sport channels for this channel.
Now they will tell me value-added because give me more (of what I don't want) at the same price !!!
Back to top Go down
jascon77
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
jascon77

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Golf Channel (Starhub)?   What happened to Golf Channel (Starhub)? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 3:24 pm

I think we got cheated here. Golf channel is much better and more focused. At first I thought its just rebranding but I have not seen other contents such as School of Golf, Golf Central, Golf Channel Academy and other program.s Furthermore they will  mix it up with other sports such as snooker and sailing which I don't care about. I think I will end my sports subscription and just rely on the internet or golf channel's website.
Back to top Go down
ZiDan
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Golf Channel (Starhub)?   What happened to Golf Channel (Starhub)? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 10:08 pm

This is a rip-off man. I signed up a 2-yr contract last sep specially for ryder cup and dedicated golf channel. Now have to live with rojak channel. Doesn't sound right with unilateral change. Need to find out if customers have the right to pre-terminate contract.
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Golf Channel (Starhub)?   What happened to Golf Channel (Starhub)? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 10:02 am

I also feel damn TL but don't forget the majors are not telecast on Golf Channel. Same goes for most of the LPGA if I remember correctly which can be viewed on Super Sports 2 or 3 (can't remember the exact channel). What I typically do is browse through the various sports channels to see if there is any golf tournament I can watch.
Back to top Go down
locoBware
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Golf Channel (Starhub)?   What happened to Golf Channel (Starhub)? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 8:01 am

Still there....Super Sports 4. Golf games most of the time.
Back to top Go down
rlhk
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Golf Channel (Starhub)?   What happened to Golf Channel (Starhub)? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 11:38 am

yes still there but its not Golf Channel of NBC anymore. more like the former Sports HD channel 206? i am missing Golf Channel Academy, golf fix, school of golf too... i subscribed to sport channel because of Golf Channel too.
Back to top Go down
Choo Yao Chuen
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Golf Channel (Starhub)?   What happened to Golf Channel (Starhub)? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 11:49 am

That's how they make $$$$$ Sad
Back to top Go down
ZiDan
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Golf Channel (Starhub)?   What happened to Golf Channel (Starhub)? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 11:31 pm

Called Starhub today. They said it's super sports that changed content - not their fault as starhub is not the content provider. I suggested that if starhub markets Golf Channel and customer buys on that basis, then it constitute mis-selling when they cannot deliver product.
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Golf Channel (Starhub)?   What happened to Golf Channel (Starhub)? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 3:41 pm

ZiDan wrote:
Called Starhub today. They said it's super sports that changed content - not their fault as starhub is not the content provider. I suggested that if starhub markets Golf Channel and customer buys on that basis, then it constitute mis-selling when they cannot deliver product.

And what was their response? Asked if you read the fine print?  ROFL ROFL ROFL
Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Golf Channel (Starhub)?   What happened to Golf Channel (Starhub)? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 8:47 pm

Looks like the sports group channels is not worth keeping
Back to top Go down
xlr871
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
xlr871

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Golf Channel (Starhub)?   What happened to Golf Channel (Starhub)? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 10:23 am

Time to start a petition, feeling ripped off by Starhub. watched european weekly hls last night, super boring. Think they cut out golf channel to save money, the one we paid for!!! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
jmchan
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Golf Channel (Starhub)?   What happened to Golf Channel (Starhub)? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2015 8:15 pm

Anyone knows any site that does free live streaming of golf especially LPGA?
Back to top Go down
Elephant789
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Elephant789

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Golf Channel (Starhub)?   What happened to Golf Channel (Starhub)? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2015 9:09 am

jmchan wrote:
Anyone knows any site that does free live streaming of golf especially LPGA?
You can try this site for sports.  Not sure how good it is as I haven't been there in ages.

You can also sideload the app Mobdro onto your phone and watch The Golf Channel.  You can even cast it to your TV using Chromecast.
Back to top Go down
sinistro2906
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Golf Channel (Starhub)?   What happened to Golf Channel (Starhub)? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 10:33 am

Not sure if I'm abit late in replying this, but it's a channel owned by American, but produced in Msia if my sources are still right. What Starhub and ST are doing are buying ala carte content (aka Majors and more notable tournaments).

But truth be told, there's so much more great content on that channel! I wish it comes back Sad
Back to top Go down
meia07656
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Golf Channel (Starhub)?   What happened to Golf Channel (Starhub)? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 10:51 am

LPGA on 206. Watched the Pure Silk late last night. Still got jetlag.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Golf Channel (Starhub)?   What happened to Golf Channel (Starhub)? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 3:19 pm

If I'm not mistaken, there was some equestrian crap on 204 the other day. WTF?

Anyway... gotta get used to it.
Back to top Go down
freedrop
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
freedrop

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Golf Channel (Starhub)?   What happened to Golf Channel (Starhub)? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2015 3:08 pm

Golf Channel is taken out of sports package. Same thing in Malaysia's Astro.

But for Astro, Golf Channel HD is available as a la carte selection, just add RM10 and you get it in HD.

I am still trying to find out if Starhub will do the same and let us choose Golf Channel HD as a la carte selection.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Golf Channel (Starhub)?   What happened to Golf Channel (Starhub)? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What happened to Golf Channel (Starhub)?
Page 1 of 1