Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Golf: Singapore's Lam leads Salcon Negeri Masters

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

Golf: Singapore's Lam leads Salcon Negeri Masters Empty
PostSubject: Golf: Singapore's Lam leads Salcon Negeri Masters   Golf: Singapore's Lam leads Salcon Negeri Masters I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 1:36 am

Posted: 09 July 2009 2302 hrs

KUALA LUMPUR: Singapore's Lam Chih Bing fired a superb seven-under 65 to lead by two strokes at the RM400,000 Salcon Negeri Masters 2009 Invitational at the Seremban International Golf Club on Thursday.

Lam's flawless round of seven birdies - three in a row starting at the first hole before adding four more at the sixth, 10th, 11th and 13th hole - equalled the course record held by Australia's Unho Park in the same tournament in 2007, Bernama news reported.

"Obviously, I'm pleased with my tee-shots today, where I kept it on the fairways. I also had a superb day with my putter and sank a couple of incredible putts even though the greens are devilishly slick," Lam was quoted as saying in a statement released by the tournament organiser.

Meanwhile, last year's runner-up and 2007 Selangor Masters champion, Philippines' Antonio Lascuna and Thailand's P. Atthaphon shared second placing with two strokes behind Lam on five-under 67.

"I'm satisfied with my score today although the greens were a little unpredictable," said Lascuna.

Locals C.M. Chong and Ahmad Jamil tied in fourth placing on four-under 68 with two other players, Mars Pucay of the Philippines and Lu Chien Soon of Taiwan.

Local professionals, Danny Chia and Airil Rizman Zahari returned a 72 and a 71 respectively.

Defending champion Benjie Magada from the Philippines fired a two-under 70.

However, it was a disappointing start for Mardan Mamat, the ninth ranked player on the Asian Tour Order of Merit. The Singaporean struggled on the testy greens firing four birdies against six bogeys for a two-over 74.

First round results:

65 - Lam Chih Bing (SIN)
67 - Antonio Lascuna (PHI), P. Attaphon (THA)
68 - Mars Pucay (PHI), Lu Chien Soon (TPE), Chong Chi Ming (MAS), Ahmad Jamil (MAS)
69 - P. Gunasegaran (MAS), Chou Hung Nan (TPE), Thaworn Wiranchant (THA), Anis Hassan (MAS), Tseng Shih Hsin (TPE), Chen Po Ming (TPE), Juvic Pagunsan (PHI), Kim Young Jin (KOR).
Back to top Go down
clarencekim
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
clarencekim

PostSubject: Re: Golf: Singapore's Lam leads Salcon Negeri Masters   Golf: Singapore's Lam leads Salcon Negeri Masters I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 10:37 am

Maybe LCB is on a winning streak this year?

Good luck this season, LCB.

CK
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf: Singapore's Lam leads Salcon Negeri Masters   Golf: Singapore's Lam leads Salcon Negeri Masters I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 5:10 pm

GO LAM ! Very Happy

Cheers Jump
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf: Singapore's Lam leads Salcon Negeri Masters   Golf: Singapore's Lam leads Salcon Negeri Masters I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 5:25 pm

Come On MM!!!!

go go go...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Golf: Singapore's Lam leads Salcon Negeri Masters   Golf: Singapore's Lam leads Salcon Negeri Masters I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1