Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Your favourite JDM Golf Brands

Go down 
+14
timang84
Turbo
reallys
flashpacker
renode
PoNkY
kissthegreen
GetzGT
yaozza07
lousyswinger
nkglfrs
superputt
andrew-golf
edgolf
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

Your favourite JDM Golf Brands - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your favourite JDM Golf Brands   Your favourite JDM Golf Brands - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 10:33 am

reallys wrote:
Bro Turbo, way too much but with heavy discount. Wink
I was thinking of buying a set of 714MB irons ... I am offered quite a good deal actually ... Am still pondering ... I heard 714MB irons are not as soft as MP4, huh?
Back to top Go down
reallys
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
reallys

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite JDM Golf Brands   Your favourite JDM Golf Brands - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 10:44 am

Turbo wrote:
reallys wrote:
Bro Turbo, way too much but with heavy discount. Wink
I was thinking of buying a set of 714MB irons ... I am offered quite a good deal actually ... Am still pondering ... I heard 714MB irons are not as soft as MP4, huh?
They are awesome clubs. Not as soft in terms of sound and feel but it depends on your personal preference. If you add our issue shaft then it feels as soft as mizunos. Then MP4 will feel even softer with your issue shafts. I love 714 MB so much it's still part of my collection. Smile
Back to top Go down
reallys
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
reallys

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite JDM Golf Brands   Your favourite JDM Golf Brands - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 11:05 am

Fujikura MCI shafts are metal composite carbon shafts where metal fibre is wrapped in the tip section of the shaft. It performs like a steel shaft without all the vibration. Ball flight is also highly controllable. However MCIs don't actually add any distance like traditional carbon iron shafts. Probably not for everyone, and I would also have to take it easy with iron swings.

Your favourite JDM Golf Brands - Page 2 Mci_im10

Your favourite JDM Golf Brands - Page 2 Screen11
Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite JDM Golf Brands   Your favourite JDM Golf Brands - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 10:01 pm

Another new brand coming up. 
A-grind.

And one more thing.
Ryoma U is really good.
Very long and forgiving.
Back to top Go down
timang84
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
timang84

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite JDM Golf Brands   Your favourite JDM Golf Brands - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 11:38 pm

was using romaro ray H irons.. looking to try epon af 302s soon...Very Happy
Back to top Go down
GolfGTI
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite JDM Golf Brands   Your favourite JDM Golf Brands - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2015 12:46 am

used

irons=fourteen,xxio forged

woods=xxio,romaro

wedge= muria

all sound very good hehe
Back to top Go down
power72
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite JDM Golf Brands   Your favourite JDM Golf Brands - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2015 8:36 am

What about Kasco and Lynx golf... Are they JDM too?
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
willytan

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite JDM Golf Brands   Your favourite JDM Golf Brands - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2015 10:35 am

Driver - ryoma (very long) can't afford

Wood - haven't found one yet

Hybrid - Romaro 

Irons - Epon (buttery soft) can't afford

Wedges - Romaro
Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite JDM Golf Brands   Your favourite JDM Golf Brands - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2015 11:09 am

willytan wrote:
Driver - ryoma (very long) can't afford

Wood - haven't found one yet

Hybrid - Romaro 

Irons - Epon (buttery soft) can't afford

Wedges - Romaro

Slow and steady. 
Sometimes there are good deals around.
My eqpt are used.

Some JDMs are good because of technology and materials.
Some can be voodoo (unknowns due lack of mktg).
Just got to try whether it suits you.

I still have a callaway utility 4. Hard to knock that one out.
But recently my Miura putter was knocked out of the bag by usdm TP Mills, just because it gave me more pars.
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
willytan

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite JDM Golf Brands   Your favourite JDM Golf Brands - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2015 12:07 pm

Flashpacker,

U are totally right, some of the JDM brands are really under-rated bcos of their branding with other sports I.e. Yonex (badminton), Bridgestone (F1 racing tires) etc. and we can't see much fanfare in such branding for it's too expensive to buy brand new ones.

I was gaming a while with the Bridgestone J40 b4 I stumble upon my current set of Yonex cyberstar CB iron. Thou it's on S200 shaft but due to its balance, it feels almost the same as the J40 which was on NS PRO 950 regular.

My whole bag are used, none are brand new.
Back to top Go down
bono
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite JDM Golf Brands   Your favourite JDM Golf Brands - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2015 12:26 pm

willytan wrote:
Flashpacker,

U are totally right, some of the JDM brands are really under-rated bcos of their branding with other sports I.e. Yonex (badminton), Bridgestone (F1 racing tires) etc. and we can't see much fanfare in such branding for it's too expensive to buy brand new ones.

I was gaming a while with the Bridgestone J40 b4 I stumble upon my current set of Yonex cyberstar CB iron. Thou it's on S200 shaft but due to its balance, it feels almost the same as the J40 which was on NS PRO 950 regular.

Bro, you must have been just a step ahead of me for that set of  Yonex. Was told by the seller I am next if it was not collected that evening haha.

Agreed that many of these brands do not get the recognition they deserve in SG.
Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite JDM Golf Brands   Your favourite JDM Golf Brands - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2015 12:31 pm

willytan wrote:
Flashpacker,

Exactly.

Yonex is under-rated. You can get good deals too.
Yamaha is also under-rated.
I thought they make motorbikes and pianos only!
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
willytan

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite JDM Golf Brands   Your favourite JDM Golf Brands - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2015 2:45 pm

bono wrote:

Bro, you must have been just a step ahead of me for that set of  Yonex. Was told by the seller I am next if it was not collected that evening haha.

Agreed that many of these brands do not get the recognition they deserve in SG.

Bono bro, 

I was just lucky. I went to pick the irons up ard 11pm and games them the very next day. Was still skeptical abt how I will play with them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite JDM Golf Brands   Your favourite JDM Golf Brands - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your favourite JDM Golf Brands
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2