Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mardan Mamat Thank You for your support (pic included)

Go down 
+15
andrew-golf
flashpacker
Bear
coe16arg
Turbo
danielleecm
buzz1211
blee67
Botak88
rlhk
Gofnut
golftortoise
Technospaz
pug
DGman
19 posters
AuthorMessage
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

Mardan Mamat Thank You for your support (pic included) Empty
PostSubject: Mardan Mamat Thank You for your support (pic included)   Mardan Mamat Thank You for your support (pic included) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2014 10:33 am

For those who have wish Mardan Mamat well in his 20 under win last weekend. He would like to thank you for your support.

Mardan flew off to Thailand yesterday morning to play in the King's Cup at Khon Kaen to play on a course that suits his play. 

For a sportsman who have struggled for a large part of the season for reasons that few would know (and not because of his fitness, mental or self-belief), it is truly great to see him come back with a big win for his country, friends, sponsors, family and himself. All this with no grant, incentive or support unlike the other mainstream sports programme. He is truly the Champion, Man of the Moment and a sporting figure for those who wants to learn the Art of Winning. 

Thank You Mardan for making us proud to be a Singaporean on Sunday!!! And Thank You Kunnasak Yosintra for the photo.

Mardan Mamat Thank You for your support (pic included) 15250456114_5e06e1624b_z

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
pug
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
pug

PostSubject: Re: Mardan Mamat Thank You for your support (pic included)   Mardan Mamat Thank You for your support (pic included) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2014 10:51 am

Congratulations and well done Mardan!!! You have done Singapore proud and wishing you more success in the new season.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Mardan Mamat Thank You for your support (pic included)   Mardan Mamat Thank You for your support (pic included) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2014 10:52 am

MM, we're behind you boss! Keep at it. Never lose faith. And, always trust in God Smile
Back to top Go down
golftortoise
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Mardan Mamat Thank You for your support (pic included)   Mardan Mamat Thank You for your support (pic included) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2014 11:35 am

Way to go!!!
Back to top Go down
Gofnut
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Mardan Mamat Thank You for your support (pic included)   Mardan Mamat Thank You for your support (pic included) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2014 11:53 am

Impressive win by a deserving and very humble golfer. Keep it up Mardan. We are all rooting for you!
Back to top Go down
rlhk
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Mardan Mamat Thank You for your support (pic included)   Mardan Mamat Thank You for your support (pic included) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2014 12:03 pm

Madame Tussauds Singapore should have a wax figure of Mardan Mamat as well.
Well done MM, you did Singapore and her golfing community proud!
Back to top Go down
Botak88
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Mardan Mamat Thank You for your support (pic included)   Mardan Mamat Thank You for your support (pic included) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2014 1:17 pm

3 cheer for Mardan

Hip hip Cheers Jump

Hip hip Cheers Jump

Hip hip Cheers Jump
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: Mardan Mamat Thank You for your support (pic included)   Mardan Mamat Thank You for your support (pic included) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2014 1:20 pm

Congrats MM!

All the best in your next tournament... More wins to come!!
Back to top Go down
buzz1211
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
buzz1211

PostSubject: Re: Mardan Mamat Thank You for your support (pic included)   Mardan Mamat Thank You for your support (pic included) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2014 1:23 pm

Help me understand why he can't get a corporate name on his bag please. Didn't he also finish 2nd in the Welsh Open? Isn't he worthy of a sponsor? Congrats Mardan!
Back to top Go down
danielleecm
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
danielleecm

PostSubject: Re: Mardan Mamat Thank You for your support (pic included)   Mardan Mamat Thank You for your support (pic included) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2014 2:21 pm

Congrats Mardan!!! Keep it coming!!!
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Mardan Mamat Thank You for your support (pic included)   Mardan Mamat Thank You for your support (pic included) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2014 2:30 pm

buzz1211 wrote:
Help me understand why he can't get a corporate name on his bag please. Didn't he also finish 2nd in the Welsh Open? Isn't he worthy of a sponsor? Congrats Mardan!

Prolly he does not have the aura of a super star sportman ... In other words not a crowd puller kinda sportman ... Just take a look at Quincy Quek who is not even the No. 1 Singapore golfer is being sponsored by Audi and Potential Assurance ...
Back to top Go down
coe16arg
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
coe16arg

PostSubject: Re: Mardan Mamat Thank You for your support (pic included)   Mardan Mamat Thank You for your support (pic included) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2014 3:09 pm

Maybe MM needs a manager to help him market himself.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Mardan Mamat Thank You for your support (pic included)   Mardan Mamat Thank You for your support (pic included) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2014 3:27 pm

Just get to the point like me..

i told him many times....if you are a Chinese, you will have all the big brands on the sleeve. At least Danny Chia has Maybank...we are all adults to understand that and he agree with me.

No Audi, SIA, nothing...maybe next year BFG but for now, Yonex will most likely renew...haha

DGman
Back to top Go down
Bear
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Mardan Mamat Thank You for your support (pic included)   Mardan Mamat Thank You for your support (pic included) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2014 7:34 pm

DGman wrote:
Just get to the point like me..

i told him many times....if you are a Chinese, you will have all the big brands on the sleeve. At least Danny Chia has Maybank...we are all adults to understand that and he agree with me.

No Audi, SIA, nothing...maybe next year BFG but for now, Yonex will most likely renew...haha

DGman
My idealistic hope of a Singaporean Singapore dashed when reality bites.
Back to top Go down
http://www.website.co.jp
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Mardan Mamat Thank You for your support (pic included)   Mardan Mamat Thank You for your support (pic included) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2014 8:44 pm

Its the golfers out there who root for him that makes the day special for him. So this is to thank you all for your well wishes.

If only sponsors do it because they believe in the man and not because they want to sell more products. The last sponsor who did it for him a big way has been Pan-West during Dato Loh stewardship. For Yonex, its a commercial arrangement and i know the local sponsor has done their best. Golf is seen as an elite sports and the sponsors have different agenda on sponsorship...mostly to sell more products or create more brand value with the association.

i am sorry to be blunt but reality hurts. Its like someone coming up to me when i was helping Yash Majmudar on his game. They asked me why i was helping Yash who is a PR from India. My answer was simple, i only see golfers, not race, religion or where they come from.

DGman
Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Mardan Mamat Thank You for your support (pic included)   Mardan Mamat Thank You for your support (pic included) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2014 9:32 pm

Man of the moment is MM, so let's just celebrate his success.
I hope he will continue to win many more trophies and Sg golf can produce more winners like him in the pro circuit. 
And btw, had enough of seeing hidden buayas "winning" as amateurs.
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: Mardan Mamat Thank You for your support (pic included)   Mardan Mamat Thank You for your support (pic included) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2014 9:49 pm

DGman wrote:
Its the golfers out there who root for him that makes the day special for him. So this is to thank you all for your well wishes.

If only sponsors do it because they believe in the man and not because they want to sell more products. The last sponsor who did it for him a big way has been Pan-West during Dato Loh stewardship. For Yonex, its a commercial arrangement and i know the local sponsor has done their best. Golf is seen as an elite sports and the sponsors have different agenda on sponsorship...mostly to sell more products or create more brand value with the association.

i am sorry to be blunt but reality hurts. Its like someone coming up to me when i was helping Yash Majmudar on his game. They asked me why i was helping Yash who is a PR from India. My answer was simple, i only see golfers, not race, religion or where they come from.

DGman

I kinda agree with your view point

the view on a golfer should be based on his/her potential in the game, as well as his/her attitude towards improving the game of golf.

Winning, or near to winning, has a lot of variable factors.

I too would like to see more local lads make it in the Asian tour.

Hopefully one day we can have a Singaporean "Lydia Ko" or  "Jordan Spieth" emerging
Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Mardan Mamat Thank You for your support (pic included)   Mardan Mamat Thank You for your support (pic included) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2014 11:08 pm

andrew-golf wrote:
DGman wrote:

DGman

I kinda agree with your view point

the view on a golfer should be based on his/her potential in the game, as well as his/her attitude towards improving the game of golf.

Winning, or near to winning, has a lot of variable factors.

I too would like to see more local lads make it in the Asian tour.

Hopefully one day we can have a Singaporean "Lydia Ko" or  "Jordan Spieth" emerging

Agree cheers
Back to top Go down
InTheHole!
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Mardan Mamat Thank You for your support (pic included)   Mardan Mamat Thank You for your support (pic included) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 9:25 am

Truth in what DG stated, and in part its also due to what all potential sponsors want - ROI (return on investment). A younger athlete represents a safer investment compared to a matured one, simply bcos he has a longer career ahead (all things being equal), therefore a willingness on the part of corporates to invest.

Well nothing is ideal in this world, and so long as one is realistic, contented, healthy, and doing what they love most, all's good!

And congrats MM, you showed the young turks how to grind out a deserving win....
Back to top Go down
Momo333
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Momo333

PostSubject: Re: Mardan Mamat Thank You for your support (pic included)   Mardan Mamat Thank You for your support (pic included) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 3:44 pm

Mardan Mamat, Singapore is proud of you and so am I!!!!
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Mardan Mamat Thank You for your support (pic included)   Mardan Mamat Thank You for your support (pic included) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 6:37 pm

Guys and Gals...

Mardan was so happy with the response he is getting on the BFG FB, he did a second take this morning. He told our partner Kunnasak that he would like to extend his thanks to the Sponsor, Club and Fitter.

Just wanted to add that he is a true professional who will always be there to greet and talk to golfers. Those who have seen him at the Den will know that. Many country clubs have approached him to join their club but he will not be tempted even if the facilities are better.  He is just loyal to those who work with him.

so for those who are not on our FB, here's the photo....

Mardan Mamat Thank You for your support (pic included) 15694866818_fcb356b950_o

no more photos this week, unless he wins on one of his favourite course in Thailand....and i will not be too surprised if that happens.

DGman
Back to top Go down
skybobo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Mardan Mamat Thank You for your support (pic included)   Mardan Mamat Thank You for your support (pic included) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2014 10:25 am

Mardan is on fire again. Currently joint second. 3 under after 8 holes. All the way MM
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy
haragolfer

PostSubject: Re: Mardan Mamat Thank You for your support (pic included)   Mardan Mamat Thank You for your support (pic included) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2014 8:59 pm

go mm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mardan Mamat Thank You for your support (pic included)   Mardan Mamat Thank You for your support (pic included) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mardan Mamat Thank You for your support (pic included)
Page 1 of 1