Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Malaysia to limit petrol on foreign cars....any details?

Go down 
+26
westwoon
Slicer
qtd
WaLau
Duval_S
freedrop
puteh83
tronos
slinger
Roystonnn
shotah
chocoman
al1388
Tituman
kbeng
nutty88
GoLagiSlow
first_timerz
sunny
LinLauPeh
Khorkar
zirhk3355
Seiko
crystal_tiong
Technospaz
p3nboy
30 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
p3nboy
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
p3nboy

Malaysia to limit petrol on foreign cars....any details? Empty
PostSubject: Malaysia to limit petrol on foreign cars....any details?   Malaysia to limit petrol on foreign cars....any details? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 2:23 pm

http://www.theedgemalaysia.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=155318&Itemid=77
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Malaysia to limit petrol on foreign cars....any details?   Malaysia to limit petrol on foreign cars....any details? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 2:32 pm

They've been talking about this for a long time. Nothing has been done so far. I doubt anything will be done.

FYI, I pump petrol in JB too.
Back to top Go down
crystal_tiong
Caddy
Caddy
crystal_tiong

PostSubject: Re: Malaysia to limit petrol on foreign cars....any details?   Malaysia to limit petrol on foreign cars....any details? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 2:37 pm

they sounds so serious now .....
I also pump petrol in JB weekly .....
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Malaysia to limit petrol on foreign cars....any details?   Malaysia to limit petrol on foreign cars....any details? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 2:42 pm

crystal_tiong wrote:

They sounded serious 2 years ago too.
Back to top Go down
Seiko
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Seiko

PostSubject: Re: Malaysia to limit petrol on foreign cars....any details?   Malaysia to limit petrol on foreign cars....any details? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 2:43 pm

When asked how the limit would be implemented for Malaysians working in Singapore or Thailand who owned foreign registered vehicles, Ismail Sabri said the ministry was working on another system.

"We are trying to see if petrol stations can check their identity cards at the point of purchase," he explained.

I wonder how are they going to implement it?
Back to top Go down
crystal_tiong
Caddy
Caddy
crystal_tiong

PostSubject: Re: Malaysia to limit petrol on foreign cars....any details?   Malaysia to limit petrol on foreign cars....any details? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 2:53 pm

Oh , then I can continue enjoy my cheap petrol and have more money for golf games liao .... Very Happy

Technospaz wrote:
crystal_tiong wrote:

They sounded serious 2 years ago too.
Back to top Go down
zirhk3355
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
zirhk3355

PostSubject: Re: Malaysia to limit petrol on foreign cars....any details?   Malaysia to limit petrol on foreign cars....any details? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 9:37 pm

Just another excuse for...

"You want to pay fine here or pay fine in KL??"
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Malaysia to limit petrol on foreign cars....any details?   Malaysia to limit petrol on foreign cars....any details? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 10:49 pm

if they really this, what's gonna happen to the folks using SG cars and work in SG? Dont bloody tell me that they are going from station to stations just pump 20ltrs.
Back to top Go down
LinLauPeh
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
LinLauPeh

PostSubject: Re: Malaysia to limit petrol on foreign cars....any details?   Malaysia to limit petrol on foreign cars....any details? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 10:21 pm

Juz heard from the news....

They will be finalizing the new rules by next week.

The current standing is No Foreign cars are allowed to leave malaysia with more than 20 litres of petrol. They will do random checks. Any car caught with more than 20 litres will be confiscated.

As such, if your car fuel tank is 45 litres, you need to have 30 litres in your car when you leave singapore and you will have to use up 10 litres during your journey in Msia before you are allowed to return back to Singapore.

Hence, for those who travel from Singapore-JB daily in Sg registered cars will have to pump petrol daily in singapore, then drive hard enough to burn the remaining petrol to 20 litres and the chain goes on and on.

If this ruling goes through, almost all businesses in JB will be badly affected and crime rates will increase.
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: Malaysia to limit petrol on foreign cars....any details?   Malaysia to limit petrol on foreign cars....any details? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 10:31 pm

my car is a 60l car. I go in with 45l for 3/4 tank. I must burn 25l of petrol? I think JB golf courses not enough for me to burn so much petrol.

I must drain petrol before going back scratch

Think our governments need to sit down and talk. Either side must give in. If not nobody can go in JB anymore
Back to top Go down
Http://thescarletibis.wordpress.com
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Malaysia to limit petrol on foreign cars....any details?   Malaysia to limit petrol on foreign cars....any details? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 10:31 pm

This is what happen when they have mad people making decision, these are rubbish that they churn out. sigh!!!

so messed up! I am counting down to the last days of playing golf in JB.

Last edited by Khorkar on Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Malaysia to limit petrol on foreign cars....any details?   Malaysia to limit petrol on foreign cars....any details? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 10:40 pm

Out of curiousity, how do they measure 20l of petrol?
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: Malaysia to limit petrol on foreign cars....any details?   Malaysia to limit petrol on foreign cars....any details? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 10:40 pm

very soon you will see funny gadget in the market...click in sg...meter show 3/4. Click 2nd button in m'sia, meter show 1/4.

Just don't get caught.

I think if it is implemented...I am gonna boycott jb. You never know how much kopi money they ask from you for this now. Maybe 100rm or 200rm?
Back to top Go down
LinLauPeh
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
LinLauPeh

PostSubject: Re: Malaysia to limit petrol on foreign cars....any details?   Malaysia to limit petrol on foreign cars....any details? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 10:41 pm

Bros, dun worry.

We can still golf in JB. Take public buses and carry our own bags lah!

Think positive! ROFL
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: Malaysia to limit petrol on foreign cars....any details?   Malaysia to limit petrol on foreign cars....any details? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 10:43 pm

wah seh!

i am thinking of golf in malacca!
Back to top Go down
LinLauPeh
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
LinLauPeh

PostSubject: Re: Malaysia to limit petrol on foreign cars....any details?   Malaysia to limit petrol on foreign cars....any details? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 10:44 pm

Technospaz wrote:

They didn't mention the methods.... open your fuel drain cap, measure via 20l cylinders and then pour back into your car? lol!
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Malaysia to limit petrol on foreign cars....any details?   Malaysia to limit petrol on foreign cars....any details? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 10:44 pm

My guess is that it won't fly. Either it'll be shot down before it is passed or if it's passed, it won't last for long because implementation/enforcement will be difficult.
Back to top Go down
LinLauPeh
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
LinLauPeh

PostSubject: Re: Malaysia to limit petrol on foreign cars....any details?   Malaysia to limit petrol on foreign cars....any details? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 10:45 pm

sunny wrote:
wah seh!

i am thinking of golf in malacca!

Malacca..... take cruise there! haha.... no need to worry about petrol problem. ROFL
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Malaysia to limit petrol on foreign cars....any details?   Malaysia to limit petrol on foreign cars....any details? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 10:46 pm

LinLauPeh wrote:
Technospaz wrote:

They didn't mention the methods.... open your fuel drain cap, measure via 20l cylinders and then pour back into your car? lol!

Another reason why this is a lot easier said than done.
Back to top Go down
LinLauPeh
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
LinLauPeh

PostSubject: Re: Malaysia to limit petrol on foreign cars....any details?   Malaysia to limit petrol on foreign cars....any details? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 10:46 pm

Let's see let's see.... see what funny ideas they will come up with again....
Back to top Go down
first_timerz
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Malaysia to limit petrol on foreign cars....any details?   Malaysia to limit petrol on foreign cars....any details? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 10:48 pm

No

I am planning to go melaka n camoron highlands next weekend for holiday...

No

stupid planning!

Mad
Back to top Go down
LinLauPeh
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
LinLauPeh

PostSubject: Re: Malaysia to limit petrol on foreign cars....any details?   Malaysia to limit petrol on foreign cars....any details? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 10:49 pm

Technospaz wrote:
LinLauPeh wrote:
Technospaz wrote:

Another reason why this is a lot easier said than done.

Unless they can come up with a liquid motion sensor, and detect individual fuel tank areas, then they can measure.

But once again, TS, as a lawyer, you still have the rights to question them about the accuracies. hehe...
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Malaysia to limit petrol on foreign cars....any details?   Malaysia to limit petrol on foreign cars....any details? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 10:51 pm

I've given up questioning, LLP.
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Malaysia to limit petrol on foreign cars....any details?   Malaysia to limit petrol on foreign cars....any details? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 10:53 pm

Isn't it ironic... dont you think... In SG, we leave with 3/4 of a tank. In MY, we will soon leave with 20ltrs. Does it mean in the future, we will have leave SG with 3/4 of a full stomach and leave man with 20gr of food.... huh!!!! It could happen, food in MY is subsidized...
Back to top Go down
LinLauPeh
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
LinLauPeh

PostSubject: Re: Malaysia to limit petrol on foreign cars....any details?   Malaysia to limit petrol on foreign cars....any details? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 11:09 pm

Technospaz wrote:
I've given up questioning, LLP.

Bro, how can you give up so easily? I Love answering your questions and would even Love more to ask WHHHHYYYYY ! haha... ROFL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Malaysia to limit petrol on foreign cars....any details?   Malaysia to limit petrol on foreign cars....any details? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Malaysia to limit petrol on foreign cars....any details?
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next