Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Renewal for PC card?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
billcoke
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Renewal for PC card? Empty
PostSubject: Renewal for PC card?   Renewal for PC card? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2014 10:05 am

After you pass your PC test at OCC, is there a expiry date for the PC card? how to renew for the PC card? need to do a retest again?
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
willytan

PostSubject: Re: Renewal for PC card?   Renewal for PC card? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2014 10:30 am

TS,

PC usually have a validity of 6mths - 1 yr. if it expires, u shld return to your teaching pro and request for extension for a small fees.
Back to top Go down
billcoke
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Renewal for PC card?   Renewal for PC card? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2014 10:54 am

willytan wrote:
TS,

PC usually have a validity of 6mths - 1 yr. if it expires, u shld return to your teaching pro and request for extension for a small fees.
thanks.
Back to top Go down
entity
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Renewal for PC card?   Renewal for PC card? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2014 2:18 pm

You might consider taking your handicap after your PC - it will be internationally recognised compared to your PC which is only valid at certain clubs in Singapore.

Specific to your upcoming trip to the USA in a separate thread, some clubs want to see certification of handicap and a letter from your home club before they allow you to play on their course.  PC holders need not apply in those cases.
Back to top Go down
power72
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Renewal for PC card?   Renewal for PC card? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2014 6:00 pm

entity wrote:
You might consider taking your handicap after your PC - it will be internationally recognised compared to your PC which is only valid at certain clubs in Singapore.

Specific to your upcoming trip to the USA in a separate thread, some clubs want to see certification of handicap and a letter from your home club before they allow you to play on their course.  PC holders need not apply in those cases.
I thought the need of PC and handicap to play is uniquely Singapore requirement... Didn't know thgt golf courses in US needed them.
Back to top Go down
entity
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Renewal for PC card?   Renewal for PC card? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2014 11:34 pm

power72 wrote:
entity wrote:

I thought the need of PC and handicap to play is uniquely Singapore requirement... Didn't know thgt golf courses in US needed them.

You are absolutely right that many courses in the US do not even ask if you can play golf, you just pay and play.  Some clubs are stricter though, particularly those with high traffic or on the PGA circuit.
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy
haragolfer

PostSubject: Re: Renewal for PC card?   Renewal for PC card? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2014 11:57 pm

ignore the pc card. get the handicap only if u have to.   enjoy the game first and foremost.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Renewal for PC card?   Renewal for PC card? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Renewal for PC card?
Page 1 of 1