Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PORESIA WEEKEND MEMBERS

Go down 
+9
modthing
Turbo
Mojosl 2010
mloy
d1g
TDO
Sean76
poresia
katherinechiok
13 posters
AuthorMessage
katherinechiok
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
katherinechiok

PORESIA WEEKEND MEMBERS Empty
PostSubject: PORESIA WEEKEND MEMBERS   PORESIA WEEKEND MEMBERS I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 12:23 pm

Swing Swing Swing Swing Swing Swing Swing

Two friendly and nice Poresia weekend members here,
looking for interested / genuine / regular Poresia members
who can play weekends, AM / PM.

Starting 25th/26th (Sat/Sun)..

Cheers JumpCheers Jump
Back to top Go down
poresia
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
poresia

PostSubject: Re: PORESIA WEEKEND MEMBERS   PORESIA WEEKEND MEMBERS I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 12:27 pm

Kat,

u joined poresia? too late! I quit ardy.
Back to top Go down
katherinechiok
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
katherinechiok

PostSubject: Re: PORESIA WEEKEND MEMBERS   PORESIA WEEKEND MEMBERS I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 2:15 pm

Ya la Alfred.. I think I member for 2 years liao.. not too bad a course if you close both eyes on the green.. Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
poresia
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
poresia

PostSubject: Re: PORESIA WEEKEND MEMBERS   PORESIA WEEKEND MEMBERS I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 8:50 pm

Kat, 

Close both eyes? 

U mean u close both eyes n putt.
Back to top Go down
Sean76
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Sean76

PostSubject: Re: PORESIA WEEKEND MEMBERS   PORESIA WEEKEND MEMBERS I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 9:02 pm

Played once there on Orchid n Sakura course. Sakura is more challenging, hilly n many water hazard. They normally dun allow one ball Sad
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: PORESIA WEEKEND MEMBERS   PORESIA WEEKEND MEMBERS I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 11:22 pm

Hi Kat, not sure if you remember me. I thought you quit Poresia like Asahi and Quest already as I did not see you in a long time liao. We golf regularly on Sunday mornings 1st flight, always. Saturdays are alternate due to our work. Our group consist sometimes 1 flight, sometimes 2 flight. If you don't mind a bunch of senior citizens, you are welcome to join us. PM me you and your friend's membership details if keen. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
d1g
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: PORESIA WEEKEND MEMBERS   PORESIA WEEKEND MEMBERS I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 3:19 pm

Hi all

anyone could kindly remind me what is the visitor rate for Poresia on Sat AM? Is the course very crowded on Saturday? I was thinking of playing there one of the upcoming weekends. 

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: PORESIA WEEKEND MEMBERS   PORESIA WEEKEND MEMBERS I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 5:04 pm

I think it's around Rm222 for weekends. Course not very crowded on weekends but turnaround usually a bit of hold up due to slow Japanese players. But if you tee off after 8.30am it should not be a problem.
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

PostSubject: Re: PORESIA WEEKEND MEMBERS   PORESIA WEEKEND MEMBERS I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 5:30 pm

TDO wrote:
I think it's around Rm222 for weekends. Course not very crowded on weekends but turnaround usually a bit of hold up due to slow Japanese players. But if you tee off after 8.30am it should not be a problem.

And not forgetting that if you do not have an official handicap must take swing test at RM50. Unless they did away with that.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: PORESIA WEEKEND MEMBERS   PORESIA WEEKEND MEMBERS I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 5:35 pm

Thanls for reminder mloy. Weekends confirm they will check. Weekdays is ok.
Back to top Go down
d1g
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: PORESIA WEEKEND MEMBERS   PORESIA WEEKEND MEMBERS I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 9:17 am

Thank you both, I have an official hcp so it should be ok.
Back to top Go down
Mojosl 2010
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: PORESIA WEEKEND MEMBERS   PORESIA WEEKEND MEMBERS I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 1:52 pm

Hi!

I am weekend member at Poresia too. However, only play when work schedule allows.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: PORESIA WEEKEND MEMBERS   PORESIA WEEKEND MEMBERS I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 2:01 pm

TDO wrote:

MGK handicap acceptable?

Is Poresia course very tough, bro? Abadan is not a snr citizen, huh? He is a big hitter ... Laughing
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: PORESIA WEEKEND MEMBERS   PORESIA WEEKEND MEMBERS I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 2:25 pm

Turbo wrote:
TDO wrote:

MGK handicap acceptable?

Is Poresia course very tough, bro? Abadan is not a snr citizen, huh? He is a big hitter ... Laughing

I think it's acceptable ba. As for whether the course is tough, the golfers there are tougher than you think. They believe they always can when they can't, that is, playing from the Blue. But difficulty wise, it actually depends on your form that day. Whenever you score well the course is never tough.

Similarly, as a matter of comparison, Palm Resort's Melati course is known to many as being an easy course. But hor, I pengsun that day and scored in the XXX. Of course 36 holes could be used as an excuse, but truthfully, it's me, myself and only I, am responsible for the dismal score.
Just enjoy the game bro. I have been told you are a good player. Beer

Last edited by TDO on Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mojosl 2010
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: PORESIA WEEKEND MEMBERS   PORESIA WEEKEND MEMBERS I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 2:53 pm

TDO wrote:
Turbo wrote:
TDO wrote:

MGK handicap acceptable?

I think it's acceptable ba. As for whether the course is tough, the golfers there are tougher than you think. They believe they always can when they can't, that is, playing from the Blue. But difficulty wise, it actually depends on your form that day. Whenever you score well the course is never tough.

Similarly, as a matter of comparison, Palm Resort's Melati course is know to many as being an easy course. But hor, I pengsun that day and scored in the XXX. Of course 36 holes could be used as an excuse, but truthfully, it's me, myself and only I, am responsible for the dismal score.
Just enjoy the game bro. I have been told you are a good player. Beer

Ya! Totally agree. Many played from Blue Tee when they should have been on White.
Back to top Go down
modthing
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: PORESIA WEEKEND MEMBERS   PORESIA WEEKEND MEMBERS I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2016 7:37 pm

Any regular Sunday morning flight that I can tag along? I have poresia member but no kaki there anymore .
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: PORESIA WEEKEND MEMBERS   PORESIA WEEKEND MEMBERS I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 12:01 am

modthing wrote:
Any regular Sunday morning flight that I can tag along? I have poresia member but no kaki there anymore .
Hi bro,
We are regular 1st Flight Sunday golfers. If you don't mind a bunch of happy go lucky Senior Citizens, pm me please. But this Sunday our 2 flights are fully taken. Have to be a bit patient with some of us though.
Beer
Back to top Go down
iron eagle
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: PORESIA WEEKEND MEMBERS   PORESIA WEEKEND MEMBERS I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 3:29 pm

modthing wrote:

I have been playing at Poresia since 1999 till March 2015, 
stop playing there since..we used to play 2 ball week day..
Thursday..give up membership. With all the traffic jam, soon
VEP and expensive toll ..give up golf already!
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: PORESIA WEEKEND MEMBERS   PORESIA WEEKEND MEMBERS I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 4:43 pm

iron eagle wrote:
modthing wrote:

I have been playing at Poresia since 1999 till March 2015, 
stop playing there since..we used to play 2 ball week day..
Thursday..give up membership. With all the traffic jam, soon
VEP and expensive toll ..give up golf already!
Haha! Bro, I might be following in your footsteps soon. Will watch and see how things develop when the VEP come into force. These politicians think Singaporeans are idiots and will give whatever ransom they asked. They don't know the implementation affects Malaysians more than Singaporeans. If they implement the VEP 24/7, you can rest assured that Singapore will follow suit because at the moment Singapore only impose VEP during weekdays. Weekends are free entry to foreign and Malaysia cars.
Back to top Go down
Noodleball
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: PORESIA WEEKEND MEMBERS   PORESIA WEEKEND MEMBERS I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2016 9:40 pm

Hi there...

I am playing regularly on saturday morning. May be can meet up and have breakie together
Back to top Go down
iron eagle
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: PORESIA WEEKEND MEMBERS   PORESIA WEEKEND MEMBERS I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2016 3:04 pm

Sadly I missed playing at Poresia have stop playing there since March 2015
time flies!

Got alot of golf ball to sell off since i stop playing golf...more into cycling now!!

PM me if me can sell off cheap by the hundred.

Gave away Golf Ball to a Kaki his Mercedes boot full!! No Joke!

Last edited by iron eagle on Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dayveed
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: PORESIA WEEKEND MEMBERS   PORESIA WEEKEND MEMBERS I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2016 9:23 am

I just played there yesterday! 2 weeks in a row.

Anyway, if u guys want to find more Kaki to play, perhaps can try out this simple app that a few friends and I just made hehe. Www.deemples.com. Can download from appstore and playstore. Super new app, so u can create games and let people join u!

Back to top Go down
mrjamari
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: PORESIA WEEKEND MEMBERS   PORESIA WEEKEND MEMBERS I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2018 5:40 pm

I am a snr player looking for kaki to play weekend Sat/Sun AM. Current kakis gave up golfing for other sport
Back to top Go down
iron eagle
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: PORESIA WEEKEND MEMBERS   PORESIA WEEKEND MEMBERS I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2018 1:30 pm

Really missed this Place for golfing  ~ Poresia !!

Have been playing there 1999 to April 2015..

In the hay days Saturday crowd was like fish market or Pasar malam so crowded missed all those 

friendly kakis that I know them and meet them very Saturday!!

G'Day Porersia & Kakis!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PORESIA WEEKEND MEMBERS   PORESIA WEEKEND MEMBERS I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PORESIA WEEKEND MEMBERS
Page 1 of 1