Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Standing astride?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
albatross
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
albatross

Standing astride? Empty
PostSubject: Standing astride?   Standing astride? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2014 6:08 pm

Accordingly to rule 16-1e

//quote//
e. Standing Astride or on Line of Putt
The player must not make a stroke on the putting green from a stance astride, or with either foot touching, the line of putt or an extension of that line behind the ball.
Exception: There is no penalty if the stance is inadvertently taken on or astride the line of putt (or an extension of that line behind the ball) or is taken to avoid standing on another player’s line of putt or prospective line of putt.
//unquote//

Just to clarify, line of putt doesn not neccesarily mean the straight line between ball and hole? if there's an  uneven lie between the ball and hole, my line of putt would then obviously be slanted so that the ball can travel along the curved surface and break nicely into the hole.

Will I then be penalised for aiming away from the hole/ not standing astride (if one consider line of putt to be between ball and hole)??
Shocked Shocked

Thanks for advice, hope it's not a stupid question

BeerBeer
Back to top Go down

Standing astride?
Page 1 of 1