Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tiger splits with Foley

Go down 
+4
TDO
willytan
rapidmax
riverdeity
8 posters
AuthorMessage
riverdeity
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
riverdeity

Tiger splits with Foley Empty
PostSubject: Tiger splits with Foley   Tiger splits with Foley I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 11:25 pm

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/golf/2014/08/25/tiger-woods-sean-foley-coach-split/14561331/
Back to top Go down
rapidmax
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tiger splits with Foley   Tiger splits with Foley I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 11:48 pm

Tiger has been under pressure to part with the guy. I guess it's a good decision. Maybe he should go back to his old swing.
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
willytan

PostSubject: Re: Tiger splits with Foley   Tiger splits with Foley I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 6:14 am

Tiger shld change to a swing which is not so harsh on his body.

Hopefully he can find back "the swing" and start winning again.

All the best Tiger.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Tiger splits with Foley   Tiger splits with Foley I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 8:20 am

In my opinion, TW should get rid of his body building workouts. The body that he now has is not suitable for a golfer and might be the contributing cause of his many injuries. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
rapidmax
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tiger splits with Foley   Tiger splits with Foley I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 9:12 am

TDO wrote:
In my opinion, TW should get rid of his body building workouts. The body that he now has is not suitable for a golfer and might be the contributing cause of his many injuries. Rolling Eyes

Now cannot turn back. All followed him already. Even the courses got changed to accommodate the new generation of long hitting pros. Maybe like soccer players, golf players' careers will start shortening.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Tiger splits with Foley   Tiger splits with Foley I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 9:23 am

rapidmax wrote:
Tiger has been under pressure to part with the guy. I guess it's a good decision. Maybe he should go back to his old swing.
He is not able to return to his old swing considering his past and current injury ... His body is not as flexible, fast and young as he was 10-12 years ago ... He claimed that he will stop Rory from winning the 2015 Green Jacket but I am afraid his Major winning era may be a thing of the past ...

Last edited by Turbo on Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:26 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Tiger splits with Foley   Tiger splits with Foley I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 9:24 am

TDO wrote:
Don't forget that the current World's No. 1 Rory McIlroy also pumps irons ... Laughing And he is one of the longest hitters in the PGA Tour ...
Back to top Go down
jhan18
Playing Professional
Playing Professional
jhan18

PostSubject: Re: Tiger splits with Foley   Tiger splits with Foley I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 9:27 am

http://m.asia.wsj.com/articles/are-pro-golfers-too-bulked-up-1408147800?mobile=y

Great article on why even though pro golfers are fitter now.. They are more vulnerable to injury. 

Also with tiger's technique.. His low point of his hands on his downswing have changed dramatically over the last 4 years and it's hurting his driver.. This is where pulling the handle down so much can cause a whole lot of issues. 

Hard to know what exactly they are working on because the other foley guys swing it pretty good.. They don't have such a pronounced downswing strike.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Tiger splits with Foley   Tiger splits with Foley I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 10:36 am

Sean's other star student, Hunter Mahan just clinched the Barclays 2014 title ... He fired a 6-under 65 in the final ... This evidently proves that Sean as a swing coach has nothing wrong ... Actually Tiger won many tourneys (except Major championship) when he was working with Sean ...
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Tiger splits with Foley   Tiger splits with Foley I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 10:37 am

Look at Bubba Watson. He don't have big muscles like TW but he drive the ball damn long. RM is not building muscles like TW. Sometimes, I think too much muscles can be a hindrance to a proper golf swing. Muscle = strength but may not necessarily = speed. It depends on which part of the muscles you are concentrating on.
Back to top Go down
kennyky
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tiger splits with Foley   Tiger splits with Foley I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 11:30 am

Nice article Justin !
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Tiger splits with Foley   Tiger splits with Foley I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 1:15 pm

US PGA Championship 2014: Rory McIlroy reveals added muscle is secret to his success

Tiger splits with Foley Pg-56-mcilroy-getty

Rory McIlroy, who if he believed the hype would only need to turn up here this week to win the US PGA Championship, has revealed that in the past eight weeks alone he has packed on half a stone of muscle that has helped make him the talk of the golfing world.

For details, pls click on the link -

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/golf/us-pga-championship-2014-rory-mcilroy-reveals-added-muscle-is-secret-to-his-success-9650467.html
Back to top Go down
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

PostSubject: Re: Tiger splits with Foley   Tiger splits with Foley I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 2:29 pm

About the Workout . Before the PGA Championship he added 4kg of muscle in 8 Weeks... You need to workout but i think it has to be specific to the golf swing such as having program with a Physio as TPI rather than lifting like a bodybuilder....
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Tiger splits with Foley   Tiger splits with Foley I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 2:46 pm

That's what I am getting at. TW is probably doing body building instead. 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tiger splits with Foley   Tiger splits with Foley I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tiger splits with Foley
Page 1 of 1