Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why my ball always go right?

Go down 
+22
kentan
neutralgolfer
nkglfrs
slinger
Denmeister
hkhamateur
junyaoching
oldie-newbie
TDO
weesern
chuangyee
bomby
kissthegreen
Birdman
Turbo
Duval_S
skybobo
jhan18
Derek
pocketace
hiryu
ljflvwc
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
ljflvwc
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Why my ball always go right? Empty
PostSubject: Why my ball always go right?   Why my ball always go right? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 4:58 pm

my handicap is aound 20.
got problem  was 50% ball go right side of all the clubs.
not slice. it was straight to the right.............

I know it is my club face open but dun konw how to avoid it.

Masters,pls help me Stretcher
Back to top Go down
hiryu
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Why my ball always go right?   Why my ball always go right? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 5:09 pm

Go see a coach.
Back to top Go down
ljflvwc
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Why my ball always go right?   Why my ball always go right? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 5:20 pm

hiryu wrote:
Go see a coach.

which coach in SG can be recommended?
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Why my ball always go right?   Why my ball always go right? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 5:29 pm

Having a stronger left hand grip (assuming you are a right hand player) may be a quick fix to stop blocking your shots to the right

In terms of coaches, many good ones depending on your location
eg Allen Kelly - Laguna,  Justin Han - Seletar,  Chris Marriott - Raffles etc
Do a quick search
Back to top Go down
hiryu
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Why my ball always go right?   Why my ball always go right? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 5:31 pm

I'm biased towards the people who have coached me so caveat emptor.

Allen Kelly(Laguna) and Justin Han(Seletar).

Other coaches I've had contact with: Dino Kwek(Punggol)
Son's school coach: Chang Ren Kiat(OCC)

All of them should do a good job for you.
However it also depends on where you stay/work etc.
Back to top Go down
ljflvwc
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Why my ball always go right?   Why my ball always go right? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 5:32 pm

pocketace wrote:
Having a stronger left hand grip (assuming you are a right hand player) may be a quick fix to stop blocking your shots to the right

In terms of coaches, many good ones depending on your location
eg Allen Kelly - Laguna,  Justin Han - Seletar,  Chris Marriott - Raffles etc
Do a quick search

will go to driving range to adjust my grip. thx for your help
Back to top Go down
ljflvwc
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Why my ball always go right?   Why my ball always go right? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 5:35 pm

hiryu wrote:
I'm biased towards the people who have coached me so caveat emptor.

Allen Kelly(Laguna) and Justin Han(Seletar).

Other coaches I've had contact with: Dino Kwek(Punggol)
Son's school coach: Chang Ren Kiat(OCC)

All of them should do a good job for you.
However it also depends on where you stay/work etc.

thx a lot. I stay in west coast. will search by myself
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Why my ball always go right?   Why my ball always go right? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 6:00 pm

I know you have mentioned club face open ... but your "straight to the right" shot could also be caused by a path that is a bit too inside to out .... not just an open clubface

the "fix" depends very much on the correct diagnosis

agree with the rest ... get diagnosed properly by a professional ...
Back to top Go down
ljflvwc
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Why my ball always go right?   Why my ball always go right? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 6:06 pm

Derek wrote:
I know you have mentioned club face open ... but your "straight to the right" shot could also be caused by a path that is a bit too inside to out .... not just an open clubface

the "fix" depends very much on the correct diagnosis

agree with the rest ... get diagnosed properly by a professional ...

"swing path" was always a nightmare for me...
Back to top Go down
jhan18
Playing Professional
Playing Professional
jhan18

PostSubject: Re: Why my ball always go right?   Why my ball always go right? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 6:39 pm

Hi 

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eCi4UO7SEig

I did a short video on club face angle and launch direction. Will have more to come for everyone soon!

Cheers
Back to top Go down
skybobo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Why my ball always go right?   Why my ball always go right? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 6:53 pm

Great job Justin. Well done
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Why my ball always go right?   Why my ball always go right? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 8:17 pm

If don want ball go right...then hit a fade ....
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Why my ball always go right?   Why my ball always go right? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 8:28 pm

Duval_S wrote:
If don want ball go right...then hit a fade ....

U never cease to "ämaze" me, dude!  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Why my ball always go right?   Why my ball always go right? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 8:30 pm

ljflvwc wrote:
my handicap is aound 20.

An open face (pointing right) perpendicular to the swingpath that's too inside-out (again pointing right and in the same direction of the face) equals a straight shot to the right (a push).

Seeing a coach to correct the problem is the best long term solution to better golf if you are willing to invest in the time, money, and pain of overhauling your swing while momentarily playing even worse golf.

A stronger grip is a possible fix, but because of timing issues in the release, beware of the hook that might eventually rear its ugly head (face left and swingpath right). It's a nightmare I had to go through when I strengthened my grip and didn't know if my shots were going to end up left or right, I had no idea where to aim to allow for a miss on both sides.

The small consolation here is that you're consistently pushing your shots right when you miss, and you can use that knowledge to your advantage by aiming and aligning towards the left side of the fairway instead of centre. If you hit it straight, you'll end up on the left side of the fairway, even better if you push it right, as you'll end up in the centre.

50% straight or 50% push, you've found 100% short grass either way, all without changing anything in your swing, just the mindset of where you aim and align. 

Take your pick of which you're most comfortable with.  Very Happy

Last edited by Birdman on Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Why my ball always go right?   Why my ball always go right? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 8:30 pm

ljflvwc wrote:
my handicap is aound 20.

Sounds like a Push Slice (or shank??) ... Your swing plane is probably wrong ... Or perhaps you did not do a complete shoulder turn before doing a downswing ...
Back to top Go down
kissthegreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
kissthegreen

PostSubject: Re: Why my ball always go right?   Why my ball always go right? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 8:57 pm

Push ( sometimes with some slice ) was and is still one of my swing issues as well, but is much better nowadays. Since you dont slice, i rckon you dont have an outside-in swing (unless you somewhow compensate perfectly!). Just like some bros mentioned here, you are probably turning your hips way too fast for your upper body to catch up. I have been advised previously by my pro to keep my chest facing the ball (almost square) at impact, while my hips are opening up towards the target. Its produces better ball striking. Its a simple rule to follow, but a touch act to execute! Why dont u try doing half or 3/4 swing to slowly diagnose your issue (that is if you are not planning to visit a pro)?
Back to top Go down
bomby
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Why my ball always go right?   Why my ball always go right? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 9:07 pm

I have the same problem as you! Short of going to a coach.. I aim to the left.. and expect the ball to go right. My reasoning is that distance is not suffered (very comfortable off white).. ball flight is ok (means it is taking off most of the time) so I just leave it.
Back to top Go down
jhan18
Playing Professional
Playing Professional
jhan18

PostSubject: Re: Why my ball always go right?   Why my ball always go right? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 9:24 pm

skybobo wrote:
Great job Justin. Well done

Thanks buddy hope you're doing good!
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Why my ball always go right?   Why my ball always go right? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 9:33 pm

This is a good video to fix push slice ... It helps if you have similar symptom as described ...

Back to top Go down
chuangyee
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Why my ball always go right?   Why my ball always go right? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 9:34 pm

If you guys watch jhan's YouTube, it's pretty much conclusive right? Face angle right and swing path same angle as where face is pointing = straight ball flight right. Your face points right and ball starting line is right. If you address straight, you are swinging in to out to the angle close or same to your ball's starting line.
This shot is called a "push"
If no side spin then swing path = face angle.
Back to top Go down
ljflvwc
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Why my ball always go right?   Why my ball always go right? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 11:18 am

kissthegreen wrote:
Push ( sometimes with some slice ) was and is still one of my swing issues as well, but is much better nowadays. Since you dont slice, i rckon you dont have an outside-in swing (unless you somewhow compensate perfectly!). Just like some bros mentioned here, you are probably turning your hips way too fast for your upper body to catch up. I have been advised previously by my pro to keep my chest facing the ball (almost square) at impact, while my hips are opening up towards the target. Its produces better ball striking. Its a simple rule to follow, but a touch act to execute! Why dont u try doing half or 3/4 swing to slowly diagnose your issue (that is if you are not planning to visit a pro)?

good,it seem it is the resolution for me.

I focus my hip too much when I downswing
Back to top Go down
ljflvwc
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Why my ball always go right?   Why my ball always go right? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 11:30 am

Birdman wrote:
ljflvwc wrote:
my handicap is aound 20.

An open face (pointing right) perpendicular to the swingpath that's too inside-out (again pointing right and in the same direction of the face) equals a straight shot to the right (a push).

Seeing a coach to correct the problem is the best long term solution to better golf if you are willing to invest in the time, money, and pain of overhauling your swing while momentarily playing even worse golf.

A stronger grip is a possible fix, but because of timing issues in the release, beware of the hook that might eventually rear its ugly head (face left and swingpath right). It's a nightmare I had to go through when I strengthened my grip and didn't know if my shots were going to end up left or right, I had no idea where to aim to allow for a miss on both sides.

The small consolation here is that you're consistently pushing your shots right when you miss, and you can use that knowledge to your advantage by aiming and aligning towards the left side of the fairway instead of centre. If you hit it straight, you'll end up on the left side of the fairway, even better if you push it right, as you'll end up in the centre.

50% straight or 50% push, you've found 100% short grass either way, all without changing anything in your swing, just the mindset of where you aim and align. 

Take your pick of which you're most comfortable with.  Very Happy

thanks you Bro, I use this idea before,and found my ball fly to the left side and finally fly over the OB line What a Face
Back to top Go down
ljflvwc
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Why my ball always go right?   Why my ball always go right? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 11:38 am

Turbo wrote:
ljflvwc wrote:
my handicap is aound 20.

Sounds like a Push Slice (or shank??) ... Your swing plane is probably wrong ... Or perhaps you did not do a complete shoulder turn before doing a downswing ...

er......let me think about it
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: Why my ball always go right?   Why my ball always go right? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 12:20 pm

there are quite a few ways to push the ball so not easy to say which is the cause.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Why my ball always go right?   Why my ball always go right? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 12:43 pm

"I know it is my club face open but dun konw how to avoid i|t."

I don't think it's your open club face. If it's open club face the ball will slice. I believe it's more to do with body alignment. Smile 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why my ball always go right?   Why my ball always go right? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why my ball always go right?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next