Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Akira Vintage Gold

Go down 
+32
enwee
Birdman
kissthegreen
Nam Flog
weesern
Duval_S
haragolfer
akhild
Vinny
freedrop
chip_munkie
chien
Technospaz
nutty88
goh.YF.52
DK
Turbo
neutralgolfer
scottycollector
Itsuki
asahi
robert33
babolat
flashpacker
angyongshen
recall1977
righthook
Derek
DKing
willytan
JasonLoong
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
JasonLoong
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Akira Vintage Gold - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Akira Vintage Gold   Akira Vintage Gold - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 11:44 am

scottycollector wrote:
ok i usually don't care if someone wants to publicise his / her abilities. if you say u can hit a 7 iron 185m, good for you.

but in ur case, given that you are a coach, i think the problem is that you will be creating unrealistic expectations in most, if not all, your students. bcos the reality is that 99% of golfers will not be able to hit their 7 iron 185m, be it Akira Gold, Silver or diamond.

Hi there ScottyCollector. Precisely why I've posted this in the equipment review section. I'm not expecting anyone to hit it the way I am or achieve the exact same result. Just a review on this set of golf clubs.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Akira Vintage Gold   Akira Vintage Gold - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 2:07 pm

scottycollector wrote:
ok i usually don't care if someone wants to publicise his / her abilities. if you say u can hit a 7 iron 185m, good for you.

but in ur case, given that you are a coach, i think the problem is that you will be creating unrealistic expectations in most, if not all, your students. bcos the reality is that 99% of golfers will not be able to hit their 7 iron 185m, be it Akira Gold, Silver or diamond.

Beer
Back to top Go down
JasonLoong
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Akira Vintage Gold   Akira Vintage Gold - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 2:12 pm

with all do respect. I did not made any promises of any immediate result. And like I've said before. Precisely why this is strictly an equipment review
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Akira Vintage Gold   Akira Vintage Gold - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 2:14 pm

JasonLoong wrote:
Price may be costly , but with immediate results for those who are seeking longer distances with their irons. Heres' my iron line UPS and distances.

5 Iron - 215m
6 Iron - 200m
7 Iron - 185m
8 Iron - 170m
9 Iron - 160m
PW - 145m
AW - 135m

Hi Pro Jason, I must say the distances you can achieve with your above listed irons are amazing ... Even further than an average distance of PGA Tour Pros ...  Very Happy 

Could you set up a demo to show us how you could achieve these distances? It will be an eye-opener for all of us ... As the saying goes, seeing is believing ... Perhaps you will be getting many new students signing up for lesson at the end of this private demo session ... Win-win deal for you ... Agree?

Please let us know when and I shall be the first one to sign up for this demo session.

Thanks in advance ...  Cool 

Cheers,
Turbo

Last edited by Turbo on Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

PostSubject: Re: Akira Vintage Gold   Akira Vintage Gold - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 2:19 pm

JasonLoong wrote:
with all do respect. I did not made any promises of any immediate result. And like I've said before. Precisely why this is strictly an equipment review

actually you did. read your own post again.

"Price may be costly , but with immediate results for those who are seeking longer distances with their irons."
Back to top Go down
JasonLoong
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Akira Vintage Gold   Akira Vintage Gold - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 2:21 pm

yes of course Turbo! Seeing is believing. I will be at Champions Golf all day from 9am till 7pm daily. I will pm you my contact number shortly.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Akira Vintage Gold   Akira Vintage Gold - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 2:33 pm

scottycollector wrote:
JasonLoong wrote:

actually you did. read your own post again.

"Price may be costly , but with immediate results for those who are seeking longer distances with their irons."

Beer     Beer     Beer
Back to top Go down
JasonLoong
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Akira Vintage Gold   Akira Vintage Gold - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 2:39 pm

my apologies. I did not read up on my first comment before posting up a reply. BUT here's my argument to you, scottycollector.

1) why wouldn't a change of equipment give you immediate result?

2) why would I be creating and unrealistic expectations for my students?

3) how sure are you that 99% of golfers wouldn't be able to hit their 7iron 185m?

please help me understand what your point is.
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

PostSubject: Re: Akira Vintage Gold   Akira Vintage Gold - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 2:48 pm

u either understand what I'm trying to tell u, or you do not

if you do not, then no amount of explanation on my part would make a difference
Back to top Go down
JasonLoong
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Akira Vintage Gold   Akira Vintage Gold - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 2:54 pm

instead of being arrogant. Why not answer my questions? I'm dying to see what your made of.
Back to top Go down
DK
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
DK

PostSubject: Re: Akira Vintage Gold   Akira Vintage Gold - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 3:08 pm

Why are you guys so sour that people can hit further than you? Be a man, admire in awe and train hard! Dump that ego of yours! Why bother if your 7 iron is 180m or 100m? It's only a matter of people using 7iron while you use driver for that distance. Give Jason a break.
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

PostSubject: Re: Akira Vintage Gold   Akira Vintage Gold - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 3:15 pm

please know that i'm not trying to pick a fight. and i certainly don't want you to die. so i will try to answer your question this once. if you still do not understand, then let's just agree to disagree

1) why wouldn't a change of equipment give you immediate result?
A change of equipment CAN give you immediate result. But it's one thing to say it CAN, as opposed to saying it WILL.

2) why would I be creating unrealistic expectations for my students?
This is linked to the question below.

3) how sure are you that 99% of golfers wouldn't be able to hit their 7iron 185m?
First, ask yourself these questions: How long have you been a coach? How many students have you taught? How many of them can hit their 7iron 185m?
Second, have you even bothered to look at the chart on PGA pro distance that others on this forum have so helpfully uploaded? If you haven't, please look at it. The answer is in there.  
If you are still not convinced, do a simply google search on the subject of 7iron distance. read through the many forum discussions and have a feel of how many people claim to be able to hit their 7iron 185m or more. You will find that you, my friend, are a rare breed.

Have a nice weekend
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

PostSubject: Re: Akira Vintage Gold   Akira Vintage Gold - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 3:25 pm

DK wrote:
Why are you guys so sour that people can hit further than you? Be a man, admire in awe and train hard! Dump that ego of yours! Why bother if your 7 iron is 180m or 100m? It's only a matter of people using 7iron while you use driver for that distance. Give Jason a break.

DK, i think you misunderstand.

if u read my posts, i am not doubting his ability to hit his 7iron 185m. Like i said, the issue is with a golf coach proclaiming that a new set of irons can immediately give you longer distance; and creating the expectation that a 7iron travels 185m.

in any case, the point of a forum is to have discussion. it would be unrealistic and boring if all we ever did was agree with everything everyone says. we are not so mindless, are we?
Back to top Go down
goh.YF.52
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
goh.YF.52

PostSubject: Re: Akira Vintage Gold   Akira Vintage Gold - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 3:39 pm

Tried a Yamaha inprex classic forged 7I and distance is between my 4I and 5I and about 175m. 
61.5inch 26*(yamaha) vs 61.25inch 28*(akira). yamaha still has a stronger loft and longer shaft.
Being a PRO, not realistic to hit 185m with a XTREME STRONG 7I. He also stated his 'old' 7I distance at 160m. I am about 8mph SS slower.
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: Akira Vintage Gold   Akira Vintage Gold - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 3:48 pm

Changing new equipment CAN certainly give immediate results - good results, bad results or no results.  What a Face 

On a more objective note, i think we have to separate the fact that 1) Jason is a coach and 2) his equipment review. The thread is merely to share his findings on Akira irons that give him the distance gains comparing to his previous set and nothing is mentioned about his coaching at all. He did not state that his coaching method includes changing new equipment which can give immediate results. 

The chart on PGA Tour is a general distance guide and doesn't conclude that non-PGA players can never hit beyond those distances. Let's give others the benefit of a doubt if they said they can hit insane distances because the truth will be revealed in due course. Especially so for a coach, who will ever pay him for coaching if he is lying on his distances?

PEACE to all!
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: Akira Vintage Gold   Akira Vintage Gold - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 3:51 pm

By the way, I don't know Jason at all. I am just giving my opinions as objective as possible, so please don't slam me.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Akira Vintage Gold   Akira Vintage Gold - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 3:58 pm

There is a big difference in 'can' and 'will', IMO. 
To put out such a great guarantee of immense increase in distance just by changing of clubs is really bold indeed. 
Would any coach who puts up such claim give a money back guarantee? 

To Jason, most coaches I know would not just work on their students' distances and making recommendation of what clubs to use. The focus should be more on the students golf swing ...more to that, the coaches would not be so obsessed with distance with his/her students. Simply because there is so much more to golf than purely distance. IMO, best for a clubfitter to work hand in hand with coaches in deciding on what clubs a student golfer should best use for optimization of his/her golf swing. 
Lastly, maybe I read it wrongly...but it would be good if you can be more humble in your posting here. Just my opinion.

Scottycollector - thanks for this discussion here. Appreciated . You are right. A forum is built for discussion such as this. 
Hope to hear more from you
Back to top Go down
JasonLoong
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Akira Vintage Gold   Akira Vintage Gold - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 4:12 pm

I'm not picking a fight. I'm just curious. My answer to your 3rd question would be: Yes. I've seen the chart plenty of times. In your previous post , you mentioned 99% of the golfers wouldn't be able to hit their 7 Iron 185m. In fact , you did not mention anything about my students and how many years I've been as a coach. I take it as 99% of the general golfers. In reality , I've seen many guys who hit 190m with an 8 iron and 7 iron. Especially in Perth , its pretty common. Guys who actually enjoy the game of golf , rather than complaining about directions and brand of clubs. So lets agree to disagree. Your reality is different from my reality.

have a good weekend yourself =))
Back to top Go down
JasonLoong
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Akira Vintage Gold   Akira Vintage Gold - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 4:21 pm

Asahi - like I've said . Its just an equipment review . Just like how its written in golf megazines. I am not recommending clubs and I'm not marketing this set of clubs. I'm also not obsessed with distance. Of course anyone would be happy to hit it further, am I right? =) . And of course , a club fitter would give better advices. I don't expect my students to hit a mile using a 9 iron of course. Distance and how far a person hit isn't my focus at all.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Akira Vintage Gold   Akira Vintage Gold - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 4:27 pm

I'm skeptical that many golfers can hit a 7i 190m. That's 207 yards, and well beyond average PGA tour distances (http://www.golfwrx.com/62549/how-far-should-you-hit-your-golf-clubs/).

Wow... Australia is certainly an untapped market!
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: Akira Vintage Gold   Akira Vintage Gold - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 4:27 pm

Don't mean to jump into the bandwagon guys…

I think I would be very happy to hit my P 145m.. 

But, I think one factor we are not looking closely at is the loft of the irons..

I felt a tint of letdown when it was revealed by somebody later that the lofts are much stronger actually, thats why the fantastic distances..

Could we do the same to our irons? Bend my P to 40* instead so maybe I can hit 130m and tell my friends ?

But credits to Jason for sharing with us something he believes in.  I encourage more sharing in this forum  Laughing
Back to top Go down
chip_munkie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
chip_munkie

PostSubject: Re: Akira Vintage Gold   Akira Vintage Gold - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 4:30 pm

I think its noteworthy that the JDM club 7i might be of loft comparable to a 5i or 4i of a typical US specs club so try to have that in mind before even comparing whether can that club hit 185. Its how its being written underneath the sole but what creates the distance from the equipment perspective is the loft n length.
Back to top Go down
freedrop
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
freedrop

PostSubject: Re: Akira Vintage Gold   Akira Vintage Gold - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 5:20 pm

Technospaz wrote:
I'm skeptical that many golfers can hit a 7i 190m. That's 207 yards, and well beyond average PGA tour distances (http://www.golfwrx.com/62549/how-far-should-you-hit-your-golf-clubs/).

Wow... Australia is certainly an untapped market!

I agree with you Technopaz. May be we in Singapore are indeed under exposed and golfers in Australia regularly hit 7i 185m.

I would say Tiger Woods is top 1 percentile of golfers (all golfers, not just pros), and he hits 200yd (abt 185m) with a 6 iron in a windless condition, flat elevation. So 99% of golfers will not be able to hit that distance under normal conditions. And we are talking 6 iron.

So like you, I 'm extremely sceptical that "many golfers" can hit 7i for 185m, whichever brand of equipment you give them. Having said that, you can always have a 7i loft with an 3i shaft, or 3i loft with 7i shaft length. We all know that club numbering is not standardised across industry. 

Coach Jason has to be an exceptionally gifted golfer to be able to do that with a standard 7i. I admire him.

Last edited by freedrop on Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Akira Vintage Gold   Akira Vintage Gold - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 5:53 pm

Are we using 185 Yds or 185m here?
Back to top Go down
freedrop
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
freedrop

PostSubject: Re: Akira Vintage Gold   Akira Vintage Gold - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 6:13 pm

flashpacker wrote:
Are we using 185 Yds or 185m here?

Someone clarified this above....it's 185m. Even if it's 185y, it's still very impressive.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Akira Vintage Gold   Akira Vintage Gold - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Akira Vintage Gold
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next