Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chiang Mai Golf

Go down 
+23
Maddy3398
Doraemon
kg7068
Nam Flog
ifury
Nyc2014
Barnes
billcoke
uncleP
antGolf
merceid
sp
Tigercrab
pakin_t
Cnng121
lokey
enwee
babolat
simoner
Aecgolfcenter
taketoki
TLHENG
Cap10
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
ifury
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Chiang Mai Golf - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chiang Mai Golf   Chiang Mai Golf - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 10:01 am

kg7068 wrote:
Nam Flog wrote:
Highland - Not even allowed to bring our own mineral water and bananas? The part abt no intentional damage to course I can accept as think its fair.
Mineral water, banana, bread, etc not allowed. however, u may smuggle whatever you wana bring by putting in golf bag.  After hole 1, take out to consume.  Buying beer from store is about 35-45baht per can, Highland sell 107baht for 1 can of beer.

If you have 6 golfers, they will split you guys to 3/3 pairing, 4 & 2 disallowed.

Green fees - I am not sure.  I pay SGD960 for 4 rds of golf, airport/golf/hotel transfers, driver attached to us till 9p.m.

Sightseeing - u can book at hotel lobby.  A place to visit is the Golden Temple (Doi Suthep).  It will cost 500baht per pax.  Avoid River cruise  cos there is nothing special about cruising the mae ping river.

Hi, can you pm me the contact of your golf agent?
Back to top Go down
edygolf
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
edygolf

PostSubject: Re: Chiang Mai Golf   Chiang Mai Golf - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2015 6:59 pm

Hi There....I am planning for Chiangmai trip in early March. Can anyone recommend van with driver?
Back to top Go down
Nam Flog
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Chiang Mai Golf   Chiang Mai Golf - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 11:09 pm

Hi all, I played chiangmai highland on 26th jan and want to share my experience for the benefit of those planning a trip there.

Booked a weekday game from chiangmaigolfing.com. Green fee 2300, compulsory 1 buggy per golfer 700, compulsory 1 caddy per golfer 300 (exclude tips). The guy Dave was punctual at the airport to collect money from me and pass me the golf vouchers.

Transport to and from golf course is 1500. We did not bring our clubs hence we rented a Mitsubishi mirage from cardelmar.com for 34usd per day. Much cheaper and also we had a lot f freedom to explore the moat area on our own. Free SIM cards r given at airport and u pay 300 for 7 days unlimited data. We used that for mostly google mapping and it was a breeze.

The course is nice and beautiful. Green that day was 9.5. Well maintained and not a difficult course. Another fellow Singaporean joined our flight, he booked through the club directly and was allowed to play without a buggy but his green fees was 3500. The sales person at club rental tried to pull a fast one on me, there were old nikes and Wilsons lying ard that suppose to be rented for 1000. But he told me those we're retired and not for rental anymore. Pushed me to take the jetspeeds/speedblades for 1500. The quick witted me told him I did not have enough cash and no credit card so he had no choice but to allow me to rent the cheaper option.

It is very hot to play in the afternoon. We teed off at 1130am and it felt worse than playing in Singapore. The sky is cloudless and the sun is more merciless than what we experience in Singapore or Malaysia. I recommend to tee off 7am. It starts to warm up after 9am.

There are 230 caddies there. 90% of them only get one flight per day. We tipped our caddies 500, they did not seem over the moon but we felt that it was a fair tip. 

Hope this helps and I can try to answer any questions.
Back to top Go down
billcoke
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Chiang Mai Golf   Chiang Mai Golf - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2015 10:38 pm

Nam Flog wrote:
Hi all, I played chiangmai highland on 26th jan and want to share my experience for the benefit of those planning a trip there.

Booked a weekday game from chiangmaigolfing.com. Green fee 2300, compulsory 1 buggy per golfer 700, compulsory 1 caddy per golfer 300 (exclude tips). The guy Dave was punctual at the airport to collect money from me and pass me the golf vouchers.

Transport to and from golf course is 1500. We did not bring our clubs hence we rented a Mitsubishi mirage from cardelmar.com for 34usd per day. Much cheaper and also we had a lot f freedom to explore the moat area on our own. Free SIM cards r given at airport and u pay 300 for 7 days unlimited data. We used that for mostly google mapping and it was a breeze.

The course is nice and beautiful. Green that day was 9.5. Well maintained and not a difficult course. Another fellow Singaporean joined our flight, he booked through the club directly and was allowed to play without a buggy but his green fees was 3500. The sales person at club rental tried to pull a fast one on me, there were old nikes and Wilsons lying ard that suppose to be rented for 1000. But he told me those we're retired and not for rental anymore. Pushed me to take the jetspeeds/speedblades for 1500. The quick witted me told him I did not have enough cash and no credit card so he had no choice but to allow me to rent the cheaper option.

It is very hot to play in the afternoon. We teed off at 1130am and it felt worse than playing in Singapore. The sky is cloudless and the sun is more merciless than what we experience in Singapore or Malaysia. I recommend to tee off 7am. It starts to warm up after 9am.

There are 230 caddies there. 90% of them only get one flight per day. We tipped our caddies 500, they did not seem over the moon but we felt that it was a fair tip. 

Hope this helps and I can try to answer any questions.

Why is your green fee cheaper than book direct with the club?
Back to top Go down
Nam Flog
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Chiang Mai Golf   Chiang Mai Golf - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2015 12:38 am

I have no idea.

Why is Oscar rates cheaper than direct with JB clubs? Maybe it's just a volume game…….maybe the club allows cheaper green fees for the agents for marketing and awareness purposes.
Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Chiang Mai Golf   Chiang Mai Golf - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2015 10:45 am

Thanks for sharing. Yes morning tee offs are nicer
Back to top Go down
Nam Flog
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Chiang Mai Golf   Chiang Mai Golf - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2015 3:48 pm

But have to wake up like 5 am…..it's suppose to be a vacation…...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chiang Mai Golf   Chiang Mai Golf - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chiang Mai Golf
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3