Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Feel vs reality..

Go down 
+4
daveteh
pocketace
haragolfer
mui
8 posters
AuthorMessage
mui
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Feel vs reality.. Empty
PostSubject: Feel vs reality..   Feel vs reality.. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 1:03 pm

I've had 3 x 50-ball sessions at the range after 8 months of no golf. It was my third 50 ball session in a few weeks. I was doing 3/4 swings and my friend took a video of my swing. Watched the video and voila!!! it was parallel to the ground. Anyone else experiencing this? It was also during this session that I thought Feel vs Reality don't always match.

In case anyone is wondering

1st 50 balls- Focused on grip and POWAR!!. Just mindless hitting to get rid of some stress. Wasn't too concerned about where the ball went. Just wanted the feel back

2nd 50 balls- Noticed that my hips were swaying too much during the back swing during my 1st session. Solution?? Instead of thinking of don't sway but rotate which I Tried but failed miserably, I transferred even more weight to the right leg. Watched video and worked well enough.

3rd 50 balls- 3/4 swing equals full swing for me.

4th 50 balls( to be taken tonight)- Noticed my head tilts to the left during the backswing which my coach used to nag about, so got to fix that. Need more speed!!! looks so slow on video.  lol!  

Heres the video, pardon the quality..

Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy
haragolfer

Feel vs reality.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feel vs reality..   Feel vs reality.. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 1:17 pm

Feel is not real

http://www.golfrepublic.org/t24743-hurry-hurry-hara-sale-matrix-shaft-50-adams-head-free#395807

"I have an army"

"we have a Hulk"
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

Feel vs reality.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feel vs reality..   Feel vs reality.. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 7:19 pm

I think it's a pretty good swing. Nice one for 8 months of no golf.

If you are hitting it straight, then don't change too many things

The best players don't necessarily have the most text book swing

Similarly, some guys with homemade swing may score really well on course
Back to top Go down
daveteh
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
daveteh

Feel vs reality.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feel vs reality..   Feel vs reality.. I_icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2014 4:29 am

Did you hit the sweet spot in the video?
Back to top Go down
mui
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Feel vs reality.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feel vs reality..   Feel vs reality.. I_icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2014 4:23 pm

daveteh wrote:
Did you hit the sweet spot in the video?

Caught it slightly thin and ball flight was a push.
Back to top Go down
angyongshen
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
angyongshen

Feel vs reality.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feel vs reality..   Feel vs reality.. I_icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2014 4:41 pm

Is your right foot inline or slightly back? The result of push due to club path out to in or face orientation upon impact? Can't really see clearly, maybe due to lack of lighting. Sounds like a good strike and the finish looks good. Envy. Wish I could rotate more.
Back to top Go down
Botak88
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

Feel vs reality.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feel vs reality..   Feel vs reality.. I_icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2014 8:04 pm

Sory ot awhile

Just curious wher is this range?
Back to top Go down
mui
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Feel vs reality.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feel vs reality..   Feel vs reality.. I_icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2014 8:19 pm

Botak88 wrote:
Sory ot awhile

Just curious wher is this range?

Should've done my profile before posting  Surprised . Its at the empire country club in brunei.

4th 50 ball session taken last night- All over the place. Low hook, high draw, push, pull, topping. Thankfully no slice.

I think I know what the problem is. Downswing my body moves too much downward and left. Easily noticeable in the practice swing in the vid below. Its not as bad during the real swing though..

Back to top Go down
daveteh
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
daveteh

Feel vs reality.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feel vs reality..   Feel vs reality.. I_icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2014 8:39 pm

Nice rotation there bro mui. I tend to leave my sight on the ball a little while longer during/after the impact, maybe it might work for you.
Back to top Go down
Thenewgolfer
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Thenewgolfer

Feel vs reality.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feel vs reality..   Feel vs reality.. I_icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 12:15 am

wow bro, i think you have a good swing too. You mentioned that you have a slow swing, which you videos do not suggest do. Btw, visually slow and easy swing does not mean that you have a slow club head speed. Look at Duke Donald and Ernie Elf's slow, easy and hit the ball damn far. 

The link in my signature has a collection of swing analysis from good PGA and LPGA players, can view it at your own time. Hope that helps! Enjoy!!
Back to top Go down
18underPar
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
18underPar

Feel vs reality.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feel vs reality..   Feel vs reality.. I_icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 12:25 am

nice swing, you got a lot of clubhead speed!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.EighteenUnderPar.com
Sponsored content

Feel vs reality.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feel vs reality..   Feel vs reality.. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Feel vs reality..
Page 1 of 1