Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Where to find driver shaft, looking for something longer than standard

Go down 
+3
enwee
angyongshen
NAkata6
7 posters
AuthorMessage
NAkata6
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Where to find driver shaft, looking for something longer than standard Empty
PostSubject: Where to find driver shaft, looking for something longer than standard   Where to find driver shaft, looking for something longer than standard I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 11:54 pm

Hi all,

Where can I find/Shops sells driver shaft? I'm looking for a slightly longer driver shaft for my R11. Hoping to get something that plays to a 48". 

Please do advice.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
angyongshen
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
angyongshen

PostSubject: Re: Where to find driver shaft, looking for something longer than standard   Where to find driver shaft, looking for something longer than standard I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 7:27 am

Grafalloy blackbird shaft? I think there should be some cobra long tom drivers in the market place. If you would like to stretch your dollar, get the long tom driver and swap out the shaft might be an option you would like to consider. Plus you get a bonus long tom head for display at home. It would be even sweeter if it is the raw version.
Back to top Go down
angyongshen
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
angyongshen

PostSubject: Re: Where to find driver shaft, looking for something longer than standard   Where to find driver shaft, looking for something longer than standard I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 8:19 am

btw, i think the club head speed will increase with increased length since the distance traveled will be extended as well. So do take note when considering flex if you are into the school of thought where your shaft flex should match the SS.

Since I am not a fitter nor am i a good golfer, take my advice with a pinch of salt. Best to clarify with your trusted choice of sauce.  Razz
Back to top Go down
NAkata6
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Where to find driver shaft, looking for something longer than standard   Where to find driver shaft, looking for something longer than standard I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 8:31 am

Wink many thanks bro. Appreciate your advices. Thanks for sharing. But how would the long tom driver shaft fits the r11 since it needs the adapter? Would a club fitter be able to "mod" and fit the adapter or it's a very easy for another to fit it? Apologizes as I'm very noob in shaft changes.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Where to find driver shaft, looking for something longer than standard   Where to find driver shaft, looking for something longer than standard I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 8:49 am

Why do u need to play to 48"? Are u into a longest drive competition?
Back to top Go down
NAkata6
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Where to find driver shaft, looking for something longer than standard   Where to find driver shaft, looking for something longer than standard I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 9:02 am

Not exactly bro.. Just have a spare driver and just wanted to see the difference in playing length. Smile
Back to top Go down
kyleyann
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kyleyann

PostSubject: Re: Where to find driver shaft, looking for something longer than standard   Where to find driver shaft, looking for something longer than standard I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 9:12 am

One of the bigger factors affecting driver distance is hitting the ball at center of club face. A longer shaft makes it more difficult to get a good ball strike hence may negate the effect of getting a longer shaft. It may not be so straight forward as assuming "longer shaft, longer distance".
Back to top Go down
angyongshen
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
angyongshen

PostSubject: Re: Where to find driver shaft, looking for something longer than standard   Where to find driver shaft, looking for something longer than standard I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 9:17 am

NAkata6 wrote:
Wink many thanks bro. Appreciate your advices. Thanks for sharing. But how would the long tom driver shaft fits the r11 since it needs the adapter? Would a club fitter be able to "mod" and fit the adapter or it's a very easy for another to fit it? Apologizes as I'm very noob in shaft changes.

For the adapter, usually the fitters will have them. Price varies, for popular brands like TM, Callaway and Titleist should not be much of an issue. Re-using the adapter is also an option.

SIC.

btw, I am not advocating that longer = better. However personally I like to experiment and play around with tweaks and "new" technology. It really a journey of self discovery.

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

Peace

EDIT: Changes not restricted to equipment. Swing and mental is equally if not more important.  Superman
Back to top Go down
NAkata6
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Where to find driver shaft, looking for something longer than standard   Where to find driver shaft, looking for something longer than standard I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 10:16 am

Yeah, I'm just wanting to experiment the difference since I've a spare driver lying around. My other driver is playing off a 46.5 inch. Just wanna see what kind of difference and difficult I will facing. It's all about trying new things Smile
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: Where to find driver shaft, looking for something longer than standard   Where to find driver shaft, looking for something longer than standard I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 10:21 am

NAkata6 wrote:
Yeah, I'm just wanting to experiment the difference since I've a spare driver lying around. My other driver is playing off a 46.5 inch. Just wanna see what kind of difference and difficult I will facing. It's all about trying new things Smile

Neve try one ll never knw. Rolling Eyes
Go fr it mate. Wink
Back to top Go down
angyongshen
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
angyongshen

PostSubject: Re: Where to find driver shaft, looking for something longer than standard   Where to find driver shaft, looking for something longer than standard I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 11:11 am

Expanding on this topic, i found this off the net. 50" long drive standard length.

http://www.golf-components.com/grbl50lodrsh.html - 50% off now.

Couldn't even find shaft info on their official product catalog. Seems coveted, top secret stuff.

Upon searching more, stumped on this:
http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/323370-grafalloy-blue-driver-shaft/

If you manage to get the 50" installed, please share your review on the setup and how it performs.

Note:
- 48" is max length for normal golf, 50" is allowed for long drive comp.
- for long drive comp, from what i see they usually use very wide open space.

Proceed with caution, please make sure the green is cleared of the previous flight before teeing off, later roll on then you might not find your ball.

Be safe.
Back to top Go down
chip_munkie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
chip_munkie

PostSubject: Re: Where to find driver shaft, looking for something longer than standard   Where to find driver shaft, looking for something longer than standard I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 1:19 pm

I saw a golfer at fesc had a driver shafted w grafalloy play at 48" and it's really looong! Certainly be interesting to see if longer is better, in terms of control/contact/distance.
Back to top Go down
NAkata6
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Where to find driver shaft, looking for something longer than standard   Where to find driver shaft, looking for something longer than standard I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 1:54 pm

Yeah, that's what has been going thru my mind. You never try you never know. Sometimes golf is all about expirementing. Since I've a spare driver, if can try why not :p
Back to top Go down
Daztasiumz
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Daztasiumz

PostSubject: Re: Where to find driver shaft, looking for something longer than standard   Where to find driver shaft, looking for something longer than standard I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 4:01 pm

Woah hariss English driver seems shorter than Martin hall's

What a bomber 319yards avg
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where to find driver shaft, looking for something longer than standard   Where to find driver shaft, looking for something longer than standard I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where to find driver shaft, looking for something longer than standard
Page 1 of 1