Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

You gotta be kidding me and goodbye.

Go down 
+26
LinLauPeh
mloy
Duval_S
WiLL
siaw8
daveaha
4dtoto
mUAr_cHEe
jimmychoo
slinger
Khorkar
ughly
chemicalpro
nientsu
joleelyn
ironhead
jaketang
chocoman
shotah
nutty88
missmoon
sunny
tronos
katherinechiok
Technospaz
chinchiachun
30 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
chinchiachun
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
chinchiachun

You gotta be kidding me and goodbye. Empty
PostSubject: You gotta be kidding me and goodbye.   You gotta be kidding me and goodbye. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 4:22 pm

I read, ok i didn't really read the whole damn thing (who would???) but i'm definitely pissed with the Guidelines on Signatures thread. This had got nothing to do with MT but having guidelines on signatures on a forum??? You gotta be kidding me. Note that i don't even have a signature to begin with so why am i pissed? And the thread is locked for comments!

I had a great time here and got to know alot of great folks here too. The bulls*&t here seeing my dear bros fighting over the last few weeks had bring more heartbreaks than fond memories. This is the last straw, i thank all of you and its been a pleasure meeting many. I will still see many of you at games or at you know where. Take care all and have fun golfing.

Mods: No offence, its just that i feel funland is no more fun. How this place is run and managed however has no bearings on our friendship, you know where i'm coming from.

Kind regards,

CCC
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: You gotta be kidding me and goodbye.   You gotta be kidding me and goodbye. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 4:42 pm

CCC,

Woah! Why the strong reaction?

First and foremost, many forums have guidelines on signatures. This is not an uncommon practice. It is meant to ensure that everyone uses their signatures properly. We don't want users to scroll down pages which are made super long due to signatures with huge pictures or to have people complain that the signature text/links inserted are objectionable. Take a look at other forums and you'll see that this is the case. Some examples for you:

1. Hardware Zone: http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/faq.php?faq=hwz_faq#faq_profile_singnature
2. GolfWRX: http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index.php?act=announce&f=21&id=3
3. The Sand Trap: http://thesandtrap.com/forum/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_signature_usage
4. MyCarForum: http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?showtopic=2633360

Secondly, the thread was locked because it was an announcement rather than a thread for discussion. I had locked it so that people would not take it OT. This does not mean that GR is not open to comments and you are more than welcome to share them with the rest.

Lastly, if you feel that the Signature Guidelines was just too much to bear and you want to leave, I cannot stop you. This is a free world and you are as much entitled to come and go as you please. I'm sorry to hear that you are so distraught by the Guidelines and as a result, have taken the option of leaving. I apologize for any frustration you may face and hope to see you back here again.

'nuff said.

TS
Back to top Go down
katherinechiok
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
katherinechiok

PostSubject: Re: You gotta be kidding me and goodbye.   You gotta be kidding me and goodbye. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 4:49 pm

CCC.. aiyo.. You gotta be kidding me and goodbye. Kopfschuettel u are the last person that i could think of to have this kinda reaction.. You gotta be kidding me and goodbye. Icon_cry
Back to top Go down
katherinechiok
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
katherinechiok

PostSubject: Re: You gotta be kidding me and goodbye.   You gotta be kidding me and goodbye. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 4:50 pm

apart from all these.. u n JC still owe me a game.. at most i dun take strokes from u la.. we fight level.. sobz.. it's hard to say goodbye ~ ~ You gotta be kidding me and goodbye. Icon_sad
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: You gotta be kidding me and goodbye.   You gotta be kidding me and goodbye. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 4:56 pm

quite common, even for games forum (mainly teenagers and younger kids). common guidelines are

- picture size - because most ppl dont have the latest and best pc and loading can take a long time. Also many dont set their resolution to the higher range, therefore big pic = problem

-advertisement, especially those links that makes the user money

-offensive material
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: You gotta be kidding me and goodbye.   You gotta be kidding me and goodbye. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 4:57 pm

CCC,

I am sad to hear that. Please take care.

We also wish that the forum could be fun with no necessity for guidelines and rules. However, as we have a growing population and it is unfortunately that everyone have differing ideas and some may thus embark on actions that may be sensitive or objectionable to others. That is why rules and guidelines are created.

As mentioned, if you feel that certain of the rules are too strict or not necessary, please feel free to discuss it under the suggestions forum. Announcements which are not meant for discussions are to be locked. If not, people would not know what is the latest status. Discussions theads are meant for the purpose and we would update announcement threads if our policy or stance changes.

We are trying our best to make it as least restrictive as possible so we need members to help us out by acting responsibly. And you CCC, has always been a matured and responsible member and I am truly sad to see this comment from you. But please understand the reason why the guidelines and rules are there. If there are no abuses, there wouldn't be a need for them.

Thank you so much for your paticipation in the past and I hope you would change your mind in the future.
Back to top Go down
Http://thescarletibis.wordpress.com
missmoon
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
missmoon

PostSubject: Re: You gotta be kidding me and goodbye.   You gotta be kidding me and goodbye. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 5:00 pm

Sad Sad Sad CCC... CCC...
Back to top Go down
http://www.golfrepublic.org
katherinechiok
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
katherinechiok

PostSubject: Re: You gotta be kidding me and goodbye.   You gotta be kidding me and goodbye. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 5:04 pm

missmoon wrote:
Sad Sad Sad CCC... CCC...

You gotta be kidding me and goodbye. Icon_sad You gotta be kidding me and goodbye. Icon_sad You gotta be kidding me and goodbye. Icon_sad CCC... CCC...
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: You gotta be kidding me and goodbye.   You gotta be kidding me and goodbye. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 5:08 pm

How many members here have large signature if I may ask? If it just minority, is there a need to enforce a guideline in the first place?
Back to top Go down
shotah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
shotah

PostSubject: Re: You gotta be kidding me and goodbye.   You gotta be kidding me and goodbye. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 5:11 pm

In my opinion... remove the signature thingy loh..... Smile
But good thing is, i found a reference in writing future layoff letters to my staff.
Back to top Go down
chocoman
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chocoman

PostSubject: Re: You gotta be kidding me and goodbye.   You gotta be kidding me and goodbye. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 5:19 pm

have i met ccc???

i like his nick.

and i like LLP's nick too
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: You gotta be kidding me and goodbye.   You gotta be kidding me and goodbye. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 5:22 pm

Mad
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: You gotta be kidding me and goodbye.   You gotta be kidding me and goodbye. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 5:23 pm

nutty88, it's not the number of users who have signatures which matters. It's the need to put in place certain guidelines as to what all of us can and cannot do with our signatures. I don't think the guidelines are unfair or uncalled for. In fact, they reflect the guidelines of many other forums like I had listed.

I hope you can appreciate the need for some boundaries. Like Sunny said, as the forum grows, the need for some (however minimal) regulation is useful. It helps to keep things in check and serves as a guide for those who are not sure what they can do with their own signature.

So, please don't look at this in a negative light. It's not a warning at all. Rather, it's a guide for those who want to use the signature feature. It may not be used by everyone but there are those who would appreciate the guidance.

TS
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: You gotta be kidding me and goodbye.   You gotta be kidding me and goodbye. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 5:31 pm

TS, I wasn't even negative about enforcing certain guidelines. Countries have laws, homes have rules and forums can have guidelines for sure. But I was just curious as to whether there has been abuses that led to the guidelines.

Luckily I don't have signature and can't be bothered to create one. Otherwise, I will have a hard time trying to contain my signature within the stiputed guidelines. Razz
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: You gotta be kidding me and goodbye.   You gotta be kidding me and goodbye. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 5:34 pm

nutty88 wrote:
TS, I wasn't even negative about enforcing certain guidelines. Countries have laws, homes have rules and forums can have guidelines for sure. But I was just curious as to whether there has been abuses that led to the guidelines.

We are trying to avoid abuse which is why there are guidelines in the first place. Also, like I said, it's not strictly to prevent abuse but also to help people who do want to use signatures to understand for themselves what they can do with their signature.

nutty88 wrote:
Luckily I don't have signature and can't be bothered to create one. Otherwise, I will have a hard time trying to contain my signature within the stiputed guidelines. Razz

Then you would have nothing to worry about Smile
Back to top Go down
katherinechiok
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
katherinechiok

PostSubject: Re: You gotta be kidding me and goodbye.   You gotta be kidding me and goodbye. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 5:35 pm

jaketang wrote:
Mad

JT, u You gotta be kidding me and goodbye. Icon_mad simi ??
Back to top Go down
chocoman
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chocoman

PostSubject: Re: You gotta be kidding me and goodbye.   You gotta be kidding me and goodbye. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 5:47 pm

katherinechiok wrote:
jaketang wrote:
Mad

he upset.. i din say his nick very nice Cheers Jump
Back to top Go down
ironhead
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: You gotta be kidding me and goodbye.   You gotta be kidding me and goodbye. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 5:48 pm

sorry for barging in.

is this for real? someone quit because of a 'signature'?
Back to top Go down
joleelyn
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
joleelyn

PostSubject: Re: You gotta be kidding me and goodbye.   You gotta be kidding me and goodbye. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 5:51 pm

strange. nah I think its the whole guideline issue.
But I second TS. It is a free country.. He's free to go although I quite sad about the reasons why he wanna go....

But there's nothing that we can do about it... =)

Take care CCC.
Back to top Go down
chocoman
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chocoman

PostSubject: Re: You gotta be kidding me and goodbye.   You gotta be kidding me and goodbye. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 5:53 pm

m

i

s

s
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: You gotta be kidding me and goodbye.   You gotta be kidding me and goodbye. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 6:13 pm

katherinechiok wrote:
jaketang wrote:
Mad

I think the signature is just an excuse. No matter what, I think we should have a clear the air session between the mods and those who are disgruntled.

Honestly, I am not happy to see people like CCC go. Yea, its his choice and its a free country.

But most importantly, there seem to be some problem with the rules and regulations. Yea, all forums have their set of R&R. But i just feel its quite stupid to see good people leave for the dumbest reasons like a signature.

Thats y, i would urge mods the review their processes in administering their R&R. It could simply be a simple after-thought of ,'Are we too strict or too lenient?' or simply , 'Are we too high-handed' Clearly, from the MT issue, to the 'Do you miss TH saga' where unnecessary attacks are made, to this...There seem to be a common thread, which is a certain unhappiness in the R&R or maybe the delivery of it.

Pls don be mistaken, I stand on my own and take no sides. But such unhappiness only serves to be detrimental to the development of the forum we all grow to love. If this forum disappears, we will be unhappy. If consistent problems arises, the mods will too be unhappy. Surely there can be a middle ground where everyone is happy.

After all, we should remember that thru golf, we have made more frens than enemies. I hope this forum will be like that too.
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: You gotta be kidding me and goodbye.   You gotta be kidding me and goodbye. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 6:21 pm

Mad
Back to top Go down
chemicalpro
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
chemicalpro

PostSubject: Re: You gotta be kidding me and goodbye.   You gotta be kidding me and goodbye. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 6:24 pm

Brother Jake, never go stary stary night?
Back to top Go down
ughly
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
ughly

PostSubject: Re: You gotta be kidding me and goodbye.   You gotta be kidding me and goodbye. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 6:27 pm

I think the matter of how many people are abusing the use of their signature has no bearings on whether such a rule and regulation should be in place. In fact, as we all know it, prevention is with no doubt, better than cure.

I have been to forums with much stricter rulings then GR, and i must say that GR is one of my favourite forums, with a good blend of intellectual discussions to pure relak one corner and TCSS.
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: You gotta be kidding me and goodbye.   You gotta be kidding me and goodbye. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 6:29 pm

chemicalpro wrote:
Brother Jake, never go stary stary night?

cp, i already mention i stopped golf for 2009 liao... Sad
i cant stand myself over golf now... afraid i might broke my clubs there... Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You gotta be kidding me and goodbye.   You gotta be kidding me and goodbye. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

You gotta be kidding me and goodbye.
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next