Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dustin Johnson's Bag at Northern Trust Open

Go down 
+2
kinglc
18underPar
6 posters
AuthorMessage
18underPar
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
18underPar

Dustin Johnson's Bag at Northern Trust Open Empty
PostSubject: Dustin Johnson's Bag at Northern Trust Open   Dustin Johnson's Bag at Northern Trust Open I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 2:19 pm

Saw this and thought I'd share - very cool to see that DJ is still using old-school R9 3wood and 5wood in his bag... sticking with what works! Though I am surprised that he didn't put in the SLDR fairway woods into his bag.... those clubs are amazing. Personally, the more compact clubhead looks great and it is a lot more forgiving than it looks - give it a try if you get the chance!

anyways, it's a really nice looking bag! he's playing with the new Tour Preferred MC irons as well and ATV wedges (maybe he'll switch to Tour Preferred wedges later in the year?). I think he's also using a Scotty Cameron putter

Dustin Johnson's Bag at Northern Trust Open 1898074_590306817717788_193827982_n
Back to top Go down
http://www.EighteenUnderPar.com
kinglc
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Dustin Johnson's Bag at Northern Trust Open   Dustin Johnson's Bag at Northern Trust Open I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 3:03 pm

Thanks for sharing. Didn't know he doesn't use hybrid.  Wow...
Back to top Go down
neutralgolfer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: Dustin Johnson's Bag at Northern Trust Open   Dustin Johnson's Bag at Northern Trust Open I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 12:40 pm

He is leading the 1st round in Northen Trust...  cheers 
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
willytan

PostSubject: Re: Dustin Johnson's Bag at Northern Trust Open   Dustin Johnson's Bag at Northern Trust Open I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 4:55 pm

the R9 on the right appears to be a hybrid.

Last edited by willytan on Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DLWL
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
DLWL

PostSubject: Re: Dustin Johnson's Bag at Northern Trust Open   Dustin Johnson's Bag at Northern Trust Open I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 4:57 pm

I don't think there is a R9 hybrid. at least Google didn't show.
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
willytan

PostSubject: Re: Dustin Johnson's Bag at Northern Trust Open   Dustin Johnson's Bag at Northern Trust Open I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 5:17 pm

maybe it the left is a 3Wood while the right is a 5 fairway wood cos their crown shape is different.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Dustin Johnson's Bag at Northern Trust Open   Dustin Johnson's Bag at Northern Trust Open I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 8:40 pm

18underPar wrote:
Saw this and thought I'd share - very cool to see that DJ is still using old-school R9 3wood and 5wood in his bag... sticking with what works! Though I am surprised that he didn't put in the SLDR fairway woods into his bag.... those clubs are amazing. Personally, the more compact clubhead looks great and it is a lot more forgiving than it looks - give it a try if you get the chance!

anyways, it's a really nice looking bag! he's playing with the new Tour Preferred MC irons as well and ATV wedges (maybe he'll switch to Tour Preferred wedges later in the year?). I think he's also using a Scotty Cameron putter

I thought it should be a Tour Preferred MB irons?    Razz
Back to top Go down
18underPar
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
18underPar

PostSubject: Re: Dustin Johnson's Bag at Northern Trust Open   Dustin Johnson's Bag at Northern Trust Open I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 1:27 am

Turbo wrote:
18underPar wrote:

I thought it should be a Tour Preferred MB irons?    Razz

ohhhh, you are right! the MB irons, sorry! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
18underPar
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
18underPar

PostSubject: Re: Dustin Johnson's Bag at Northern Trust Open   Dustin Johnson's Bag at Northern Trust Open I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 1:28 am

willytan wrote:
the R9 on the right appears to be a hybrid.

don't think he's using any hybrids.

the two R9 clubs are actually a 3-wood and a 5-wood with Tour Preferred MB irons from 3-PW

Back to top Go down
18underPar
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
18underPar

PostSubject: Re: Dustin Johnson's Bag at Northern Trust Open   Dustin Johnson's Bag at Northern Trust Open I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 1:38 am

DJ is on fire, two second place finishes in two weeks...... hopefully he gets a W soon.... and a Major championship this year! Here are the official specs of What's In His Bag:

Driver: TaylorMade SLDR (10.5 Degrees)
Shaft: Fujikura Fuel 2.0 X-Flex

3 Wood: TaylorMade R9 (15.5 Degrees)
Shaft: Aldila RIP Alpha 80 X-Stiff

5 Wood: TaylorMade R9 (19 Degrees)
Shaft: Aldila RIP Alpha 90 X-Stiff

Irons: TaylorMade Tour Preferred MB Forged (3-PW)
Shafts: True Temper Dynamic Gold X100 Tour Issue

Wedges: TaylorMade TP xFT (54 and 60 Degrees)
Shafts: KBS (Black Nickel)Putter: Scotty Cameron for Titleist Newport 2 Prototype

Ball: TaylorMade Tour Preferred X
http://www.eighteenunderpar.com/tour-preferred-golf-balls-taylormade/

Just want to note that we got to get our hands on some of the new Tour Preferred and Tour Preferred X golf balls and they feel REALLY good. The Tour Preferred balls are real soft and nice. The Tour Preferred X golf balls feel like they're in between the Pro V1 and Pro V1X in terms of softness... feels like you can really get good feel around the greens even though it's suppose to be "not as soft"

And also got to hit the new Tour Preferred MB irons - the 3, 5, 7 and PW and they feel really good and again, pretty forgiving given how it looks Smile

just our initial thoughts Smile
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Dustin Johnson's Bag at Northern Trust Open   Dustin Johnson's Bag at Northern Trust Open I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:04 am

DJ is using a Scotty putter ... Hmmm ... TM putter ain't good enough for him??  scratch
Back to top Go down
18underPar
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
18underPar

PostSubject: Re: Dustin Johnson's Bag at Northern Trust Open   Dustin Johnson's Bag at Northern Trust Open I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 1:08 am

Turbo wrote:
DJ is using a Scotty putter ... Hmmm ... TM putter ain't good enough for him??  scratch

i feel the putter is probably the hardest piece of equipment to change in your bag, so much of it has to do with confidence and being comfortable with a certain putter! tiger didn't switch to a nike putter until about 2010 i think? and even rory flip flopped last year between a nike putter and his scotty cameron!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dustin Johnson's Bag at Northern Trust Open   Dustin Johnson's Bag at Northern Trust Open I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dustin Johnson's Bag at Northern Trust Open
Page 1 of 1