Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A 14 year-old determination pays off

Go down 
+2
shimizu.toruk
DGman
6 posters
AuthorMessage
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

A 14 year-old determination pays off Empty
PostSubject: A 14 year-old determination pays off   A 14 year-old determination pays off I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 9:30 am

Its a great day for golf as young Amanda Tan has her game and nerves in control to qualified for the HSBC Ladies Championship. Despite a strong field, the 14 year old Amanda, is the youngest to qualify and represent Singapore at next month's prestigious LPGA event.

here's the details:

Amanda leads the Singapore charge

Here are some photos of Amanda training in CNX to prepare for SEA games and the qualifier...

A 14 year-old determination pays off 12188376294_e4e20b2392_z

A 14 year-old determination pays off 12188563276_a58621a501_z

Her training in Chiang Mai under Pro Ong Yuki includes starting at 7 am - learning and practising her short game till noon, played 18 holes and 500 balls at the driving range afterwards. This improve her tolerance, stamina and focus and thus help her improve on last year's position. 

She beat 18 year old Jen Goh who was tipped as the front runner for the spot.

For those who have seen her at the Den, you will know that she has a very serious work attitude and she can be seen putting hours on end. One of the most hard working golfer i have worked with and truly a deserves her spot at a young tender age.

On another note, its a great day for BFG too.

WITB:
Irons - 5i to PW (BFG with Steelfiber i80)
Wedges - BFG VX1, VX5 and VX9
Putter - Tour prototype ZZAM with Zen 17 inch round grip.

she also plays TourAd MT 6X (Driver), TourAd SF (woods) and Steelfiber (Hybrids).

We hope she will enjoy her journey towards greater heights. As her mental and putting mentor, we are naturally delighted with this outcome.

We also hope that her short game instructor, Pro Ong Yuki can be in Singapore to help her prepare as well as be on her bag during the Championship. Needless to say we will make sure you get to meet him at BFG.

Well at least we can also now claim that the Fishy irons and wedges will be making its debut at a LPGA event Smile

DGman

Last edited by DGman on Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:35 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
shimizu.toruk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
shimizu.toruk

PostSubject: Re: A 14 year-old determination pays off   A 14 year-old determination pays off I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 9:32 am

Aiyo boss, did you deliberately write in "black ink"? :-)

Fantastic achievement for Amanda. Good day for local golf. Good day for BFG too.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: A 14 year-old determination pays off   A 14 year-old determination pays off I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 9:37 am

haha...i wrote half way last night, had to rush off to see the Lion Men, copy and paste on RTFD, walah, colour changed....

the last 1 year have been well spent with her and in the process with all the goodies her dad bought, i end up heavier too Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
Gofnut
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: A 14 year-old determination pays off   A 14 year-old determination pays off I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 9:46 am

Congrats DGman. Another feather in the cap! Hope that she plays to her full potential and have a delightful and terrific outing.
Back to top Go down
zhikang
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: A 14 year-old determination pays off   A 14 year-old determination pays off I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 1:23 pm

Congrats to Amanda and kudos to BFG! HUAT AH!
Back to top Go down
Tiramisu
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Tiramisu

PostSubject: Re: A 14 year-old determination pays off   A 14 year-old determination pays off I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 4:09 pm

Go go amanda jia u!!!congrats Eric
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: A 14 year-old determination pays off   A 14 year-old determination pays off I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 10:35 pm

This youngster has great potential as she possesses the built of Feng Shan Shan and Inbee Park who are number 1 golfers in their respective countries ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A 14 year-old determination pays off   A 14 year-old determination pays off I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A 14 year-old determination pays off
Page 1 of 1