Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anything golf-related items worthwhile to buy in US?

Go down 
+21
babolat
18underPar
handiman
yanhaotiong
acrossawire
uncleP
flashpacker
ekardo
Gray
yaozza07
coe16arg
jmchan
jason.koh.54966
enwee
s-killer
asahi
pug
ralphlim
nomic76
Turbo
outlander
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
outlander
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
outlander

Anything golf-related items worthwhile to buy in US? Empty
PostSubject: Anything golf-related items worthwhile to buy in US?   Anything golf-related items worthwhile to buy in US? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 3:02 pm

Hi guys, will be heading up to New York and Orlando in a week's time. Will be visiting the premium outlets there. May I know if there is anything that is cheaper in the US that I should be looking out for?  bounce
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Anything golf-related items worthwhile to buy in US?   Anything golf-related items worthwhile to buy in US? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 3:13 pm

Almost everything is much cheaper in US ... Clubs, apparels, balls and shoes ... However, Japanese club brands like Mizuno is still quite expensive ...
Back to top Go down
nomic76
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Anything golf-related items worthwhile to buy in US?   Anything golf-related items worthwhile to buy in US? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 3:26 pm

on average you should see 20-50% discount on prices. The reason is due to the shipping and mark up cost and you save by transporting yourself back all these items.

care to help to buy some apparels? heheh
Back to top Go down
ralphlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
ralphlim

PostSubject: Re: Anything golf-related items worthwhile to buy in US?   Anything golf-related items worthwhile to buy in US? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 3:28 pm

You are heading to the Land of Free where 18holes costs you 20-30 bucks!! how much better is that!!

Premium Outlets are mainly clothing and apparel which could be cheaper but US sizing...

Try to look for a Dick's Sporting Goods store, they are all over US states and easy to find, they have quite a huge golf section from clubs, bags, shoes etc and sometimes you can find a good deal

Happy Shopping
Back to top Go down
pug
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
pug

PostSubject: Re: Anything golf-related items worthwhile to buy in US?   Anything golf-related items worthwhile to buy in US? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 3:46 pm

IZOD is super cheap at the outlets. US12-20 per polo shirt. Some outlets may have golf shops but lately I noticed most have moved out. I find that shoes are cheaper at Dick's. For clubs, it is probably cheaper to order online from TGW or RBG and ship to your hotel. Just bear in mind that shipping takes a few days so buy early.

Only thing good about Golfsmith is that you can practically try all the clubs available in their shop. Their second-hand corner has some good deals.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Anything golf-related items worthwhile to buy in US?   Anything golf-related items worthwhile to buy in US? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 4:56 pm

Loads to buy! 

Caps, ball markers, clubs....golf bags!
Back to top Go down
s-killer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
s-killer

PostSubject: Re: Anything golf-related items worthwhile to buy in US?   Anything golf-related items worthwhile to buy in US? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 5:31 pm

Ecco Spikeless Golf Shoes !!!!
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Anything golf-related items worthwhile to buy in US?   Anything golf-related items worthwhile to buy in US? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 5:39 pm

Everything.........
Back to top Go down
outlander
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
outlander

PostSubject: Re: Anything golf-related items worthwhile to buy in US?   Anything golf-related items worthwhile to buy in US? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 6:29 pm

Wah man, you guys are making me excited. I'll try to visit some Dick's Sporting Goods store to see if there are good buys.  cheers
Back to top Go down
jason.koh.54966
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
jason.koh.54966

PostSubject: Re: Anything golf-related items worthwhile to buy in US?   Anything golf-related items worthwhile to buy in US? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 10:42 pm

Ecco usually have buy one get another at 50% at premium outlets. Nike n Addidas outlets usually have limited golf stuffs but can find very good deals if u dig around. I don't find Dick that cheap.
Back to top Go down
jmchan
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Anything golf-related items worthwhile to buy in US?   Anything golf-related items worthwhile to buy in US? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 12:06 am

Most premium outlets have Adidas,Nike and UnderArmour and they have a good range of golf apparel.

Oakley also have outlets - good for apparel and sunglasses.
Back to top Go down
coe16arg
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
coe16arg

PostSubject: Re: Anything golf-related items worthwhile to buy in US?   Anything golf-related items worthwhile to buy in US? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 4:39 pm

The main problem I encounter with shopping for golf stuff in US is not whether things are cheaper or not...but rather MONEY NOT ENOUGH!
Back to top Go down
s-killer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
s-killer

PostSubject: Re: Anything golf-related items worthwhile to buy in US?   Anything golf-related items worthwhile to buy in US? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 4:54 pm

or luggage space not enough .... Sad
Back to top Go down
yaozza07
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Anything golf-related items worthwhile to buy in US?   Anything golf-related items worthwhile to buy in US? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 5:44 pm

Scotties
Back to top Go down
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Gray

PostSubject: Re: Anything golf-related items worthwhile to buy in US?   Anything golf-related items worthwhile to buy in US? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 5:45 pm

I will buy Steelfiber shafts. US$45 a piece. Come back to shaft. works out still cheaper
Back to top Go down
ekardo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Anything golf-related items worthwhile to buy in US?   Anything golf-related items worthwhile to buy in US? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 6:02 pm

even if I buy, say, a putter, can I hand carry ? or must be checked in via bulky luggage?
Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Anything golf-related items worthwhile to buy in US?   Anything golf-related items worthwhile to buy in US? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 6:08 pm

Some airlines allow you to bring the club to the aircraft.
Back to top Go down
uncleP
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Anything golf-related items worthwhile to buy in US?   Anything golf-related items worthwhile to buy in US? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 6:34 pm

my putter and 5 iron cost me more on check in baggage then buying it here.
R u flying to NY and come back from NY?
If you are touring around , buy all the barang and keep at your Hotel or friend's  house.
The trouble u have to go through will make U regret later.
Golf sporting goods should be cheap as it is WINTER now, cheap but I would not play.
Avoid using Buses, Train or plane. the check in and SEcurity ppl really rough handle people.
They call for our good.
Also check the card, dont get upset if you are referred as ALIEN .
Food portion is usually BIG, but I guess the cold weather U need all the energy.
Good Luck
Back to top Go down
acrossawire
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
acrossawire

PostSubject: Re: Anything golf-related items worthwhile to buy in US?   Anything golf-related items worthwhile to buy in US? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 9:41 pm

Get a rangefinder!
Back to top Go down
ekardo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Anything golf-related items worthwhile to buy in US?   Anything golf-related items worthwhile to buy in US? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 12:23 am

think quite pointless to buy the club set from States then...will end up no diff...

might get gloves, attire etc instead...
Back to top Go down
yanhaotiong
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Anything golf-related items worthwhile to buy in US?   Anything golf-related items worthwhile to buy in US? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 12:07 pm

If you're around a PGA event try look around for tour issue stuff. Taylormade tour issue stuff are miles ahead of their normal line products.
Back to top Go down
handiman
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Anything golf-related items worthwhile to buy in US?   Anything golf-related items worthwhile to buy in US? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 1:11 am

Just got back from states..I find shoes, apparels, higher end balls, and certain clubs on offer cheaper than in Singapore. Regular priced clubs are the same if not more ex than back home. For example Pro Vs are abt us$42 per box and Titleist 913 driver us$290..happy shopping!
Back to top Go down
18underPar
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
18underPar

PostSubject: Re: Anything golf-related items worthwhile to buy in US?   Anything golf-related items worthwhile to buy in US? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 4:17 am

from our experience living over here in north america and traveling to different places in asia, seems like the majority of things are much cheaper over here.

especially clothing, i find there is a lot more selection of casual golf clothing over here versus in asia
Back to top Go down
http://www.EighteenUnderPar.com
babolat
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
babolat

PostSubject: Re: Anything golf-related items worthwhile to buy in US?   Anything golf-related items worthwhile to buy in US? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 11:11 am

there are tons of golf-related things worthy to get in USA.
I soaked myself in golf smith in SFO for the whole day...and I still reluctant to leave.
Get those new released drivers or putters; and try them on the golf simulators.
Back to top Go down
kuuligan
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Anything golf-related items worthwhile to buy in US?   Anything golf-related items worthwhile to buy in US? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 9:06 am

yaozza07 wrote:
Scotties

Scotties are still quite pricey over there. 349usd ish
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anything golf-related items worthwhile to buy in US?   Anything golf-related items worthwhile to buy in US? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anything golf-related items worthwhile to buy in US?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next