Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Illustrious PGA caddy on the verge of retirement ...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

Illustrious PGA caddy on the verge of retirement ...  Empty
PostSubject: Illustrious PGA caddy on the verge of retirement ...    Illustrious PGA caddy on the verge of retirement ...  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 12:01 pm

Illustrious PGA caddy on the verge of retirement ...  Scott_aussiepga13_d4_williams_610_0

Williams opens up about his current and ex-employer ...

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/dc72d?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=golf
Back to top Go down
BigblackGoof
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
BigblackGoof

PostSubject: Re: Illustrious PGA caddy on the verge of retirement ...    Illustrious PGA caddy on the verge of retirement ...  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 10:21 am

It's amazing how he thinks he made such a difference to the player, especially Adam Scott, in helping him win the Masters....they have to know their role in this game & partnership. Sigh... Just like how some EPL referees wanted to be so 'involved' in the game they supposed to just referee...
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Illustrious PGA caddy on the verge of retirement ...    Illustrious PGA caddy on the verge of retirement ...  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 11:42 am

BigblackGoof wrote:
It's amazing how he thinks he made such a difference to the player, especially Adam Scott, in helping him win the Masters....they have to know their role in this game & partnership. Sigh... Just like how some EPL referees wanted to be so 'involved' in the game they supposed to just referee...

He really helped Adam in reading the last winning putt during the Master 2013 sudden death playoff with Angel Caberra ... It was raining and the sky was getting dark ... As such, he could not read the line of putt clearly. Hence, Stevie guided him and he sank the putt to pick up the major championship ... Of course Adam's putting skill and speed were very crucial too.

If you've doubt in what I mentioned above, read here ...

http://www.sbnation.com/golf/2013/4/15/4226528/tiger-woods-stevie-williams-adam-scott-masters-2013

cheers

Last edited by Turbo on Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
willytan

PostSubject: Re: Illustrious PGA caddy on the verge of retirement ...    Illustrious PGA caddy on the verge of retirement ...  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 11:48 am

Caddie can only advise by providing the tour player their experiences on the green but when it comes to executions, every player does so ever so differently.

Stevie had been with Greg Norman but how many wins did they get? Stevie n woods went otherwise as woods was already dominating before they paired up.
That is IMO.
Back to top Go down
BigblackGoof
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
BigblackGoof

PostSubject: Re: Illustrious PGA caddy on the verge of retirement ...    Illustrious PGA caddy on the verge of retirement ...  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 12:09 pm

Bro Turbo, I do agree good caddies make a difference.. But to say he won it for Scott I think is far fetch, it's a partnership... cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Illustrious PGA caddy on the verge of retirement ...    Illustrious PGA caddy on the verge of retirement ...  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 12:53 pm

BigblackGoof wrote:
Bro Turbo, I do agree good caddies make a difference.. But to say he won it for Scott I think is far fetch, it's a partnership... cheers cheers

All that said, there are many professional caddies who are purely for carrying bags and looking after the welfare of their bossess only ... Unlike Williams or Bone McKay (Phil Mickelson's caddy), they daren't interfere with their bosses' decision in terms of club selection, line of putt, etc ...  Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Illustrious PGA caddy on the verge of retirement ...    Illustrious PGA caddy on the verge of retirement ...  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Illustrious PGA caddy on the verge of retirement ...
Page 1 of 1