Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A new Order in Gravity and Ball Flight (pics included)

Go down 
+10
flashpacker
astroboy888
Turbo
mengteck71
asahi
J11
Nam Flog
neutralgolfer
gingerus
DGman
14 posters
AuthorMessage
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

A new Order in Gravity and Ball Flight (pics included) Empty
PostSubject: A new Order in Gravity and Ball Flight (pics included)   A new Order in Gravity and Ball Flight (pics included) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 11:24 am

When the first announcement of a new core adjustable driver from Callaway was first revealed, i was wondering how a driver (as promised) can be designed and manufactured. hence the first thing i did yesterday was to take it all apart and see how gravity, face, loft and weight distribution can all be integrated.....

it was exactly like i have imagined but more....the result is a design that's revolutionary and a manufacture engineering that's highly complex.

without much ado, here's the promised goods and i am certainly impressed with the way gravity can be altered and how the rest is been laid out and put together in a very playable driver.....

GRians, you are one of the earliest to see this and i hope you will like what you see....

The Gravity Core weights a total of 11g but the weight of the actual core is closer to 8. it can be adjusted to raise or lower the core zone towards the sole or the crown....

A new Order in Gravity and Ball Flight (pics included) 11576431253_ae8d632947_z

The core sits in the middle of the sole and unlike some design which is too near the face, it does what its supposed to do in terms of delivering the centrifugal force of the driver head....

A new Order in Gravity and Ball Flight (pics included) 11577010246_ac8b942e3c_z

its complex and yet amazingly engineered and manufactured....there is an adjustable face and loft hosel, adjustable weight ports for toe and heel weight distribution and gravity core adjustments, all meant to optimised performance. 

A new Order in Gravity and Ball Flight (pics included) 11576219325_d1921ae5bd_z

The Gravity Core sits in a core well and is securely fastened with a high density alloy cap which uses the same wrench....

A new Order in Gravity and Ball Flight (pics included) 11576218805_f424cd23a8_z

This is how the Alpha package looks like....

A new Order in Gravity and Ball Flight (pics included) 11576553244_5f84d958fd_z

closer look at the headcover - in next year's hot colour Dazzling Blue. i can sense a bit of high shion involvement here - mark my words.

A new Order in Gravity and Ball Flight (pics included) 11577005116_13551d496f_z

A simple touch to remind us of the laws of Gravity and perhaps to Isaac Newton for his inspiration and reminder......

A new Order in Gravity and Ball Flight (pics included) 11576216085_16319fbe14_z

i hope you have as much joy in reading this as much as i have in reviewing this. For those who wants to touch and feel this new Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver, you know where to go...

E & OE

DGman

All Rights reserved and photos are the property of BFG Golf.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
gingerus
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: A new Order in Gravity and Ball Flight (pics included)   A new Order in Gravity and Ball Flight (pics included) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 11:40 am

I've been very interested in this driver since the reveal. Any suggested price yet?
Back to top Go down
neutralgolfer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: A new Order in Gravity and Ball Flight (pics included)   A new Order in Gravity and Ball Flight (pics included) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 11:47 am

Nice looking driver head. Yummy....  cyclops 
Back to top Go down
Nam Flog
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: A new Order in Gravity and Ball Flight (pics included)   A new Order in Gravity and Ball Flight (pics included) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 4:22 pm

B-E-A-Utiful!
Back to top Go down
J11
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
J11

PostSubject: Re: A new Order in Gravity and Ball Flight (pics included)   A new Order in Gravity and Ball Flight (pics included) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 5:17 pm

The headcover nice...very metallic look..
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: A new Order in Gravity and Ball Flight (pics included)   A new Order in Gravity and Ball Flight (pics included) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 5:40 pm

Ironman driver!!!

Swee!!!!!
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: A new Order in Gravity and Ball Flight (pics included)   A new Order in Gravity and Ball Flight (pics included) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 10:21 pm

No No No!!!
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: A new Order in Gravity and Ball Flight (pics included)   A new Order in Gravity and Ball Flight (pics included) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 11:06 pm

This driver looks futuristic like a robotic driver ... It will definitely attract the more macho golfers ...  Callaway
Back to top Go down
astroboy888
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: A new Order in Gravity and Ball Flight (pics included)   A new Order in Gravity and Ball Flight (pics included) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 12:05 am

Saw and handled this lovely driver head! Fortunately, the owner warned of conducting a full body search for all leaving the den and this convinced me not to leave with it hidden in my bag!  Embarassed  Embarassed  Embarassed 

I have to say the the head and cover really felt and looked so so sweet! Fortunately I found another oldie but goodie in the den and left a very happy man with a 'very special' R9.

Thank you DGman for your great hospitality and my new 'old' driver!
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: A new Order in Gravity and Ball Flight (pics included)   A new Order in Gravity and Ball Flight (pics included) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 12:25 am

There were at least 3 attempts of "thief" today...good thing we have cctv and some reliable guards.

i forgot to add the the loft on this baby can be adjusted from 8 to 11 degree, at the same time the face can be adjusted from Neutral, Draw or Open.

there is no indication of price yet and those who wish to be on the pre-order list can get in touch via the usual channels...whatever they are Smile
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: A new Order in Gravity and Ball Flight (pics included)   A new Order in Gravity and Ball Flight (pics included) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 10:08 am

Saw this "Ironman" driver head yesterday! Instantly regretted going down to the Den.....nbz!

Evil or Very Mad 

At setup, it looks somewhat like the Extreme Fit head in terms of visual, head shape and all. Think it should be the 'replacement' model for it. This looks like a head I am gonna get for 2014! 

DGman.....when can I buy??? Dun force me to go down to perform the disappearing act on it.

p.s. Some early days review here....

http://www.golfwrx.com/154230/callaway-big-bertha-and-big-bertha-alpha-drivers/
Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: A new Order in Gravity and Ball Flight (pics included)   A new Order in Gravity and Ball Flight (pics included) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 3:25 pm

The colours of the headcover remind me of a superhero
Back to top Go down
BigblackGoof
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
BigblackGoof

PostSubject: Re: A new Order in Gravity and Ball Flight (pics included)   A new Order in Gravity and Ball Flight (pics included) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 3:32 pm

Alas.. Captain America driver! Great photos Dgman...
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: A new Order in Gravity and Ball Flight (pics included)   A new Order in Gravity and Ball Flight (pics included) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 3:02 pm

Any pre order for this!!????
Back to top Go down
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Gray

PostSubject: Re: A new Order in Gravity and Ball Flight (pics included)   A new Order in Gravity and Ball Flight (pics included) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 3:52 pm

So the concept is that you determine how deep to screw the core down and that will affect the swing weight?

The higher the core is to the surface the greater the centrifugal force but less control. Vice versa the deeper the core is to the middle of the driver, the less the centrifugal force, more control?

Did I understand correctly?
Back to top Go down
neutralgolfer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: A new Order in Gravity and Ball Flight (pics included)   A new Order in Gravity and Ball Flight (pics included) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 4:06 pm

It looks more like interchangeable weights on the centre core, the heavier the weight, the more Gs.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: A new Order in Gravity and Ball Flight (pics included)   A new Order in Gravity and Ball Flight (pics included) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 7:02 pm

Ok....order placed Liao.

The waiting game starts now....
Back to top Go down
jtek
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: A new Order in Gravity and Ball Flight (pics included)   A new Order in Gravity and Ball Flight (pics included) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 1:05 am

Any indication on how much to fit one of this?
Back to top Go down
Gofnut
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: A new Order in Gravity and Ball Flight (pics included)   A new Order in Gravity and Ball Flight (pics included) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 2:24 pm

Hi DGman, is the price of the head now available?
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: A new Order in Gravity and Ball Flight (pics included)   A new Order in Gravity and Ball Flight (pics included) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 3:05 pm

when the goods arrive, the price will follow....it will be soon and we will keep everyone posted. right now the pre-order list is stacking up quite fast...should have ordered more.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: A new Order in Gravity and Ball Flight (pics included)   A new Order in Gravity and Ball Flight (pics included) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 4:56 pm

Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy Thank you DGman.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A new Order in Gravity and Ball Flight (pics included)   A new Order in Gravity and Ball Flight (pics included) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A new Order in Gravity and Ball Flight (pics included)
Page 1 of 1