Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Newbie golfer!

Go down 
+8
18underPar
rapidmax
Agn Teh
enwee
samleecy
blackpool_04
hardrock
elton.qua
12 posters
AuthorMessage
elton.qua
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Newbie golfer! Empty
PostSubject: Newbie golfer!   Newbie golfer! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 2:46 pm

Hey folks! 

I'm new to golfing and GR, been playing for a couple of months at the Punggol range. Hope to know more about golf from you guys!
Thinking about taking my PC soon, any suggestions? 

Cheers!Razz
Back to top Go down
hardrock
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
hardrock

Newbie golfer! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie golfer!   Newbie golfer! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 2:47 pm

Welcome to GR
Back to top Go down
blackpool_04
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Newbie golfer! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie golfer!   Newbie golfer! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 2:59 pm

welcome to GR man. 

i think getting PC from star golf academy (at MBGC) is quite good, cuz it allows you to play at MBGC without having to take swing test (which costs $10 and is valid for a month only)...
Back to top Go down
samleecy
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Newbie golfer! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie golfer!   Newbie golfer! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 7:14 pm

Welcome to Golf Republic=)

You could visit the below link for the PC test. Alternatively, I highly encourage you to take up beginner lessons from a good golf coach.

http://www.golfcentral.asia/golf-proficiency-certificate-test/
Back to top Go down
elton.qua
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Newbie golfer! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie golfer!   Newbie golfer! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 9:41 pm

Cool! Thanks! 

Was at Takashimaya just now and was really tempted to get my own irons =P 

Btw, anyone uses the MP64 Mizuno? 
I had my friend take a few swings and he said that the clubs are amazing for learning the hard way but will keep with you for at least 6-7 years before you out grow them.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

Newbie golfer! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie golfer!   Newbie golfer! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 10:49 pm

elton.qua wrote:
Cool! Thanks! 

Was at Takashimaya just now and was really tempted to get my own irons =P 

Btw, anyone uses the MP64 Mizuno? 
I had my friend take a few swings and he said that the clubs are amazing for learning the hard way but will keep with you for at least 6-7 years before you out grow them.
Beginners I would not recommend MP series.
Back to top Go down
samleecy
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Newbie golfer! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie golfer!   Newbie golfer! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 10:59 pm

I tried Taylormade Rocketblades Irons today.. Might be worth a try for beginners.. Very forgiving set of clubs=)
Back to top Go down
Agn Teh
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Agn Teh

Newbie golfer! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie golfer!   Newbie golfer! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 11:21 pm

welcome to GR....Razz Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
rapidmax
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Newbie golfer! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie golfer!   Newbie golfer! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 11:22 pm

Welcome! Maybe after taking a few lessons you can get a second hand set based on your coach's advice and give those a try. The depreciation is lower if you dun like them or decide to give up (hope not). All the best!
Back to top Go down
elton.qua
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Newbie golfer! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie golfer!   Newbie golfer! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 12:19 am

samleecy wrote:
I tried Taylormade Rocketblades Irons today.. Might be worth a try for beginners.. Very forgiving set of clubs=)
Hey guys,

I've been learning with the Yamaha Inpres V, feeling good with those but when I trained with the Taylormade RAC CB, I almost died but still trying to learn from that club...
Back to top Go down
18underPar
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
18underPar

Newbie golfer! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie golfer!   Newbie golfer! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 1:12 am

warm welcomes from Vancouver, Canada!
Back to top Go down
http://www.EighteenUnderPar.com
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
willytan

Newbie golfer! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie golfer!   Newbie golfer! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 7:07 am

Welcome to the club.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

Newbie golfer! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie golfer!   Newbie golfer! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 7:49 am

elton.qua wrote:
samleecy wrote:
Hey guys,

I've been learning with the Yamaha Inpres V, feeling good with those but when I trained with the Taylormade RAC CB, I almost died but still trying to learn from that club...
Wah Yamaha, it's already a premium clubs liao, how to compare with tm. Somemore the rac series is a very old series. Anyway it's good to get a set and start with it all the way till your hcp.
Back to top Go down
elton.qua
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Newbie golfer! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie golfer!   Newbie golfer! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 12:21 pm

enwee wrote:
elton.qua wrote:
samleecy wrote:
Hey guys,

Wah Yamaha, it's already a premium clubs liao, how to compare with tm. Somemore the rac series is a very old series. Anyway it's good to get a set and start with it all the way till your hcp.
hahaha you already said it's old... (hand-me-downs) =)
It started 2005 or 2006, I think. I was thinking of getting one that can last me a few good years

Thanks for the nice welcome~
Back to top Go down
leroyishere
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Newbie golfer! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie golfer!   Newbie golfer! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 2:04 pm

Welcome Elton. I am a newbie as well! Thinking of starting lessons soon. Anyway I bought my own set of irons. Adamsgolf Tight Lies series. Only $229 at GD. As a beginner I feel it's a good price that I can start with before finding a set of clubs that will suit my swing in future. Feel free to borrow from me to try if you going down to Bukit Batok Driving Range just let me know.
Back to top Go down
paul@golf
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
paul@golf

Newbie golfer! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie golfer!   Newbie golfer! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 2:20 pm

Hi Elton & Lerovishere, welcome to u both too. I'm near CDANS, watsapp me ninetreetooneeggsixtotree, for some practises too Smile
Back to top Go down
elton.qua
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Newbie golfer! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie golfer!   Newbie golfer! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 3:38 pm

leroyishere wrote:
Welcome Elton. I am a newbie as well! Thinking of starting lessons soon. Anyway I bought my own set of irons. Adamsgolf Tight Lies series. Only $229 at GD. As a beginner I feel it's a good price that I can start with before finding a set of clubs that will suit my swing in future. Feel free to borrow from me to try if you going down to Bukit Batok Driving Range just let me know.
Hello... =)

BB is really very far away... =(
I've not touched an Adams before though
Back to top Go down
samleecy
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Newbie golfer! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie golfer!   Newbie golfer! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 10:36 pm

Yeah.. Golf Direct gives very good deals:)

Anyway, if you are looking lessons, do have a look at www.golfcentral.asia

We offer some of the best lesson packages by few of Singapore's best coaches..

Last edited by samleecy on Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gofnut
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

Newbie golfer! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie golfer!   Newbie golfer! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 10:04 am

I believe the link should be www.golfcentral.com ?
Back to top Go down
samleecy
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Newbie golfer! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie golfer!   Newbie golfer! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 11:39 am

The link is www.golfcentral.asia

Lesson Packages starting from S$180.. Four Locations to Choose From: Warren Country Club, Seletar Country Club, Toa Payoh Driving Range and Bishan Driving Range.. All coaches are SPGA recognised members=)
Back to top Go down
Gofnut
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

Newbie golfer! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie golfer!   Newbie golfer! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 1:02 pm

My apologies. Could not open the link when I first tried but subsequently, was able to.
Back to top Go down
samleecy
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Newbie golfer! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie golfer!   Newbie golfer! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 11:04 pm

No worries:)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Newbie golfer! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie golfer!   Newbie golfer! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Newbie golfer!
Page 1 of 1