Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

shake and pump....

Go down 
+12
ngekngek
chemicalpro
tronos
Gimson
Duval_S
Birdman
Tituman
Technospaz
jimmychoo
puteh83
mUAr_cHEe
chocoman
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
chocoman
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chocoman

shake and pump.... Empty
PostSubject: shake and pump....   shake and pump.... I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 8:34 am

how many of you belong to theis category.

pump and shake your car while pumping petrol in JB. trying to squueze every little drop possible into ur petrol tank??

damn kaw funny.... Cheers Jump Cheers Jump
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

shake and pump.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: shake and pump....   shake and pump.... I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 8:42 am

does it make any difference?

i remember people talking about trapped air bubbles... but the tank is a tank... how to trap air bubbles?
Back to top Go down
puteh83
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
puteh83

shake and pump.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: shake and pump....   shake and pump.... I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 8:52 am

Agreed to MC.

some even tilt their cars up. madness.
Back to top Go down
chocoman
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chocoman

shake and pump.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: shake and pump....   shake and pump.... I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 9:24 am

how to tilt???
Back to top Go down
puteh83
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
puteh83

shake and pump.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: shake and pump....   shake and pump.... I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 9:40 am

let the tyre at the petrol inlet side rest on wooden block.
Back to top Go down
puteh83
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
puteh83

shake and pump.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: shake and pump....   shake and pump.... I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 9:53 am

shake and pump.... 4132599256_ee3a18339e_m
Back to top Go down
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jimmychoo

shake and pump.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: shake and pump....   shake and pump.... I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 10:01 am

Walau!!! Sibei extreme leh.....!!!
Back to top Go down
chocoman
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chocoman

shake and pump.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: shake and pump....   shake and pump.... I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 10:07 am

puteh83 wrote:

they brought their own ?
Back to top Go down
puteh83
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
puteh83

shake and pump.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: shake and pump....   shake and pump.... I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 10:22 am

chocoman wrote:
puteh83 wrote:

they brought their own ?

think can get from the staff there. but apparently, it will damage something in long run... hear say hear say.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

shake and pump.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: shake and pump....   shake and pump.... I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 10:28 am

Is this for real? How much money can you save???
Back to top Go down
chocoman
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chocoman

shake and pump.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: shake and pump....   shake and pump.... I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 10:47 am

Technospaz wrote:
Is this for real? How much money can you save???

same here
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

shake and pump.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: shake and pump....   shake and pump.... I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 12:28 pm

I do try to put in as much as possible but never practiced shaking the car. This is what I do when I hear the first click as the auto stop comes into play. I just wait a few seconds and pull the nozzle slightly out from its fully inserted position and start filling again. I know that it is not the trapped bubbles which caused the pump to stop. It is, sorry for guessing here, I think the pressure from some sensor on the fumes . So that way I continue to stop pump stop pump until the frequency becomes nearly instant stop. That tells me it is time to try and round up to the nearest dollar if possible. Do you know how much more I can pump in after the first stop? Another RM15 or roughly another 8 over litres or so. So dont have to shake the car la. Do what I did and you will be satisfied. Very Happy

Titu
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

shake and pump.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: shake and pump....   shake and pump.... I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 12:48 pm

Tituman is right, I used to do it that way too until I spoke to some car guys. I can't remember what the damage is, but in the long run, it definitely will damage something.

On the opposite end of things, it's also not good to drive till tank is empty before filling up, half tank should fill oredi, or at the very least, quarter tank. It's got to do with the fuel injector which could get damaged from sucking in air instead of fuel with the petrol sloshing around in the tank.

Since most here go in to JB on long drives, here's another tip I got from an air-con guy. Try not to set at the coldest temperature setting. Instead, set it at couple of degrees higher and just increase the strength of the blower. That way, Ur compressor doesn't overwork and should last longer. Bloody ex to replace, esp for conitnental cars.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

shake and pump.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: shake and pump....   shake and pump.... I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 12:50 pm

I had read somewhere (for real hor) that over excessive of petrol will potentially cause leakage of gas.

But here is what I think those folks that do the shake and pump are doing: The leakage of gas will spill into the main compartment of the car ie driver and passenger area, thus will help to kill the germs and other unnecessary living creatures in the car....this will in their view better than going vaccum coz that can only remove dirt...not bacteria (or some similar living creatiures)

You see, I don think people are stupid...they just priorize things in different order.

...just me 'D'
Back to top Go down
puteh83
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
puteh83

shake and pump.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: shake and pump....   shake and pump.... I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 1:11 pm

wah, if anyone light a cigg after they come out of the station, sure go boomz!
Back to top Go down
Gimson
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Gimson

shake and pump.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: shake and pump....   shake and pump.... I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 1:21 pm

haha. saw a youtube video on a man humping his maroon civic a yr back i guess... lol!

Good workout man, the humping lasted maybe ard 10mins. But if u guys wanna save. Might as well carry a spare container to contain the petrol la, no point shaking the car or what. In the long run, ur suspension might spoil prematurely and it defeats all the savings that u have made from shaking..
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

shake and pump.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: shake and pump....   shake and pump.... I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 6:20 pm

Gimson wrote:
haha. saw a youtube video on a man humping his maroon civic a yr back i guess... lol!

Good workout man, the humping lasted maybe ard 10mins. But if u guys wanna save. Might as well carry a spare container to contain the petrol la, no point shaking the car or what. In the long run, ur suspension might spoil prematurely and it defeats all the savings that u have made from shaking..

How could extra petrol equates suspension spoilt? scratch As for filling up an extra container, that one really asking for trouble. ONE, it could explode if 'suay suay' accident. TWO, It is considered smuggling of petrol into Singapore without paying tax SO FOR HEAVEN SAKE PLEASE DO NOT DO THAT !!! affraid

Titu
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

shake and pump.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: shake and pump....   shake and pump.... I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 7:08 pm

saw a car shaking violently last Sun, here in Singapore!!!!!!!!!. So much so the car even scrap the flooring.

Shaking / tilting to pump as much cheap petrol into the car is the main reason for doing so.....repeating the practice here in Singapore is just silly....the driver probably did not know the reason for shaking / tilting the car in the first place.

Wife thought the car was going to explode when she saw it shaking.
Back to top Go down
chemicalpro
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
chemicalpro

shake and pump.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: shake and pump....   shake and pump.... I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 7:14 pm

lol which reminds me, we were behind this sg car in jb at the shell station.

after the autocut off from the pump we must have waited there for a good 4 or 5mins watching him shake and tilt his car trying to maximise the last few drops!

he was some kid like couldn't be older than 20 or 21 and his lancer lol

pretty amusing at what lengths he went through to "FORCE" the last drops in Laughing
Back to top Go down
ngekngek
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

shake and pump.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: shake and pump....   shake and pump.... I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 7:25 pm

I saw even worse, also a Sg car in JB. A family affair an old uncle with 2 boys and wife. First open boot then start pumping. wife the start sitting at the boot and started jumping up and down later joined by the two kid to add weight. Up and down up and down until the uncle started scolding them and ask them to move away then he himself sat at the boot started jumping. aiyoh!!!!It's only a nissan sunny for goodnes sake.
Back to top Go down
Kopi Towkay
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Kopi Towkay

shake and pump.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: shake and pump....   shake and pump.... I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 8:18 pm

Some of you are remarkable.

ALL gas tanks on commercial cars are baffled, vented and haveoverflow return pipes.

There is no 'sloshing" and losing suction thus damaging injectors.

There are no air bubbles per se in the tank. What the shake and pump does is release the air that's in the overflow return pipe. Thus when you fill your tank NORMALLY the overflow return pipe fills up to the level in the tank. But since the filler pipe is above the tank and if you keep adding gas to the filler pipe, it will force the gas in the overflow to push out the air into the filler pipe. That's it's purpose, it allows pressure to equalize when the temp goes up and down so your tank doesn't stress.

BLUF: all it does is fill the miniscule space in the overflow pipe and a little in the filler pipe. Prob less than 1/10 of a liter at MOST. (.20 RMB) JHC!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

shake and pump.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: shake and pump....   shake and pump.... I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 8:24 pm

Kopi Towkay wrote:
Some of you are remarkable.

ALL gas tanks on commercial cars are baffled, vented and haveoverflow return pipes.

There is no 'sloshing" and losing suction thus damaging injectors.

There are no air bubbles per se in the tank. What the shake and pump does is release the air that's in the overflow return pipe. Thus when you fill your tank NORMALLY the overflow return pipe fills up to the level in the tank. But since the filler pipe is above the tank and if you keep adding gas to the filler pipe, it will force the gas in the overflow to push out the air into the filler pipe. That's it's purpose, it allows pressure to equalize when the temp goes up and down so your tank doesn't stress.

BLUF: all it does is fill the miniscule space in the overflow pipe and a little in the filler pipe. Prob less than 1/10 of a liter at MOST. (.20 RMB) JHC!!!!!!

Hi KT, please tell me how I managed to slowly add another RM15 or 8 litres after the first auto stop from the pump?

Titu
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

shake and pump.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: shake and pump....   shake and pump.... I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 8:29 pm

The auto shut off can go off 3 or 4 times before you are even close to being full....
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

shake and pump.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: shake and pump....   shake and pump.... I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 11:15 pm

shorthitter wrote:
The auto shut off can go off 3 or 4 times before you are even close to being full....

For me, it is more than 10 to 15 times before its full.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

shake and pump.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: shake and pump....   shake and pump.... I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 11:16 pm

Sounds like: Pump for Dough, Drive some Mo'
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

shake and pump.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: shake and pump....   shake and pump.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

shake and pump....
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next