Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dan's swing

Go down 
+3
ironfist
chemicalpro
ahdan78
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ahdan78
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
ahdan78

Dan's swing Empty
PostSubject: Dan's swing   Dan's swing I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 11:33 pm

Hi, sharing a video of my swing.
my 1st time using hp to take slow motion video on my swing. Plenty of mistake i think. Evil or Very Mad

Sorry for the lousy quality.... Embarassed Embarassed

Never thought of improving my swing till i watched this slow motion video for like...50 times...
I think my swing Suck big time!! Mad Mad Mad

Pls feel free to comment or advise. Smile

KAISEN!!!

Thks.
Back to top Go down
chemicalpro
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
chemicalpro

Dan's swing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dan's swing   Dan's swing I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 11:42 pm

nice hat! Laughing
Back to top Go down
ahdan78
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
ahdan78

Dan's swing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dan's swing   Dan's swing I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 11:47 pm

chemicalpro wrote:
nice hat! Laughing

thanks...think many ppl got tis cap...barclays open Laughing
Back to top Go down
chemicalpro
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
chemicalpro

Dan's swing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dan's swing   Dan's swing I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 11:53 pm

haha cool cool.
you're very flexible that's for sure.
your swing plane is rather steep, do you fade your shots?
Back to top Go down
ahdan78
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
ahdan78

Dan's swing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dan's swing   Dan's swing I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 11:55 pm

chemicalpro wrote:
haha cool cool.
you're very flexible that's for sure.
your swing plane is rather steep, do you fade your shots?

ya boy...always fade my shots... Mad
Back to top Go down
chemicalpro
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
chemicalpro

Dan's swing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dan's swing   Dan's swing I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 12:06 am

I see I see.

Well you still can play your irons if you fade your shots, but might be a problem when it comes to hitting hybrids or woods off the deck or fairway.

Your transistion to the top of backswing is solid, very sturdy over the ball.

Instead of triggering your downswing by driving your legs and hips first, try dropping your hands maybe slightly past your shoulder height before rotating through with your waist.

Might promote a more inside to out swing path, and soon enough a draw shot.

You've got the fundamentals, won't take you long to start drawing your shots! Smile
Back to top Go down
ahdan78
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
ahdan78

Dan's swing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dan's swing   Dan's swing I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 12:11 am

chemicalpro wrote:
I see I see.

Well you still can play your irons if you fade your shots, but might be a problem when it comes to hitting hybrids or woods off the deck or fairway.

Your transistion to the top of backswing is solid, very sturdy over the ball.

Instead of triggering your downswing by driving your legs and hips first, try dropping your hands maybe slightly past your shoulder height before rotating through with your waist.

Might promote a more inside to out swing path, and soon enough a draw shot.

You've got the fundamentals, won't take you long to start drawing your shots! Smile

drop hands before turning hip....hmm...ok i will try it out on my next range visit....
thanks for ur advise.
Back to top Go down
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ironfist

Dan's swing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dan's swing   Dan's swing I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 12:27 am

fwoarrr i like your finish! if i did that my spine would pop out though.. are your fades very jialat? having a slight fade might not be such a bad thing.
Back to top Go down
chemicalpro
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
chemicalpro

Dan's swing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dan's swing   Dan's swing I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 12:31 am

Yeah do give that a shot, I had the same swing path as you as well. Couldn't play my hybrids or woods off the deck, major slice and at best a severe fade.

Its mostly common with guy golfers, because we damn eager to hit the ball so we take the shortest swing path to connect our club to the ball, where got time to drop hands 1st? Laughing

But what happens is that the shaft angle at impact is might steeper than at address, aka the infamous "over the top" swing path.

Dropping your hands down towards the ground to initiate the downswing might take a bit of timing and getting used to.

You could do what I did, and adopt a 1 swing plane. My shaft angle at address mirrors the shaft and arm angle at the top of my backswing.

So as long as I keep my club square throughout, I can swing as hard as I want and not worry about timing. Its the lazy way out Laughing
Back to top Go down
ahdan78
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
ahdan78

Dan's swing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dan's swing   Dan's swing I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 12:32 am

ironfist wrote:
fwoarrr i like your finish! if i did that my spine would pop out though.. are your fades very jialat? having a slight fade might not be such a bad thing.

the fade not very very jialat type...only a few out of 10 shots u need to shout "FORE" only lah....not very very jialat dun worry... Razz Razz Mad
Back to top Go down
ahdan78
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
ahdan78

Dan's swing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dan's swing   Dan's swing I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 12:37 am

chemicalpro wrote:
Yeah do give that a shot, I had the same swing path as you as well. Couldn't play my hybrids or woods off the deck, major slice and at best a severe fade.

Its mostly common with guy golfers, because we damn eager to hit the ball so we take the shortest swing path to connect our club to the ball, where got time to drop hands 1st? Laughing

But what happens is that the shaft angle at impact is might steeper than at address, aka the infamous "over the top" swing path.

Dropping your hands down towards the ground to initiate the downswing might take a bit of timing and getting used to.

You could do what I did, and adopt a 1 swing plane. My shaft angle at address mirrors the shaft and arm angle at the top of my backswing.

So as long as I keep my club square throughout, I can swing as hard as I want and not worry about timing. Its the lazy way out Laughing

wow...well said.
Thanks alot... Cheers Jump
Back to top Go down
chemicalpro
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
chemicalpro

Dan's swing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dan's swing   Dan's swing I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 12:40 am

Haha! Nah I'm just damn bored @ work! Laughing
Back to top Go down
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ironfist

Dan's swing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dan's swing   Dan's swing I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 12:41 am

then quite shiok what! haha but despite everything you have a very nice looking swing. good enough for Golf Channel already. haha
Back to top Go down
ahdan78
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
ahdan78

Dan's swing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dan's swing   Dan's swing I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 12:42 am

chemicalpro wrote:
Haha! Nah I'm just damn bored @ work! Laughing

huh...wat u working as?? chiong nite shift ah??
Back to top Go down
ahdan78
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
ahdan78

Dan's swing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dan's swing   Dan's swing I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 12:46 am

ironfist wrote:
then quite shiok what! haha but despite everything you have a very nice looking swing. good enough for Golf Channel already. haha

seriously i think my swing sucks big time... sometimes overswing somemore...wah liao eh...yucks No
Back to top Go down
chemicalpro
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
chemicalpro

Dan's swing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dan's swing   Dan's swing I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 12:47 am

Haha I'm working the London shift mate, in a bank Smile
Can't say which bank, scarly my boss knows I'm free throw me more work Laughing
Back to top Go down
ahdan78
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
ahdan78

Dan's swing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dan's swing   Dan's swing I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 12:51 am

chemicalpro wrote:
Haha I'm working the London shift mate, in a bank Smile
Can't say which bank, scarly my boss knows I'm free throw me more work Laughing

icic...haha.. try playing golf with ur boss mah.. Laughing
Back to top Go down
chemicalpro
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
chemicalpro

Dan's swing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dan's swing   Dan's swing I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 12:58 am

He plays to about a 6 hcp, and par-ed a course in his hometown in UK before, one of those links courses, freaking no trees but slopy like dunno what the crap type courses Laughing

I'm NO WHERE near that standard yet haha!

I'll keep practicing till I get there! Smile
Back to top Go down
ahdan78
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
ahdan78

Dan's swing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dan's swing   Dan's swing I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 10:01 am

chemicalpro wrote:
He plays to about a 6 hcp, and par-ed a course in his hometown in UK before, one of those links courses, freaking no trees but slopy like dunno what the crap type courses Laughing

I'm NO WHERE near that standard yet haha!

I'll keep practicing till I get there! Smile

Wow...6 hcp...power! affraid
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

Dan's swing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dan's swing   Dan's swing I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 4:59 pm

Hey bro,

In my opinion, your fundamental is good based on my preliminary judgement on your blur video. The only thing I wanna comment is your follow thru which is old school - Reverse "C". I believe your shot will be alot better if you stand upright and chest facing left of target and belt buckle facing target at the end of the swing like Tiger Woods, Phil Mickelson, Ernie Els, Hunter Mahan, Adam Scott, etc.

You are using a single plane swing and not a two plane swing. Therefore, you do not need to drop your arm below your right shoulder before turning thru'. One of the guy here asked you to do that which I disagree. You should only drop your arm alittle on the downswing if you are adopting the 2-plane swing where you need to be on plane again thru' impact. The beauty of 1-plane swing is, you do not need to do that and you can remove the "timing part" out of the swing equation.

Hope you understand where I am coming from ...

Happy Golfin'

Turbo
Back to top Go down
watchman88sg
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
watchman88sg

Dan's swing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dan's swing   Dan's swing I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 6:04 pm

Hi ahdan78, I saw your swing video and here is my 2 cents :

1. Fluid swing that one would envy except for the 'reverse C' that was commented by Turbo.
Well balanced overall.
2. I still think that your swing is that of a 2-plane and that you may occasionally face with an issue of over-swinging due to the rolling of your left wrist.
3. Takeaway looked good initially but swing plane flattens as your hands past the 8-o'clock position resulting in butt end of the club pointing outside the target line. This is definitely due to rolling of your left wrist which only you yourself will have the definite answer.
4. Another way to look at this is your clubhead travelled 'inside' of your hands during the backswing.
5. Downswing looked pretty much ok as it is supposedly to be a tad steeper than the backswing.

I would go with the guess that most of your shots are pretty on target but do have the tendency to block your shots & push right on days when you aren't swinging well. Try to refrain your right foot from flaring out in your address position and this will put some resistance to 'overcoiling'. What you have presented here is only your down-the-line swing video and the only analysis here is non other than the swing plane that one can comment on.
Back to top Go down
ahdan78
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
ahdan78

Dan's swing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dan's swing   Dan's swing I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 8:17 pm

Turbo n watchman, thks lot for ur comments. Such an old thread n u guys still bother to share ur precious views. Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

Dan's swing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dan's swing   Dan's swing I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 8:27 pm

I disagree with watchman88 on the swing plane. I am certain AhDan's is adopting a single plane swing. Just look at his left arm plane which meet the plane of his shoulder at the top of the upswing. That is a distinct trait of a single plane swing.

Turbo
Back to top Go down
Raypeng
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Dan's swing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dan's swing   Dan's swing I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 3:08 pm

Btw, what is the diff between a single plane swing and a two plane swing arh? Sorry, me just a novice to golf...
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

Dan's swing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dan's swing   Dan's swing I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 3:31 pm

Raypeng, the following video is an example of a Single-Plane swing - At the top of the swing, the arm plane match the shoulder plane.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dan's swing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dan's swing   Dan's swing I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dan's swing
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next