Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Exclusive Invitation to New Titleist 714 Iron Demo in Singapore

Go down 
+6
HitSoft
Turbo
Sean76
ahhhling
18underPar
Titleist
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Titleist
Titleist Staff
Titleist

Exclusive Invitation to New Titleist 714 Iron Demo in Singapore Empty
PostSubject: Exclusive Invitation to New Titleist 714 Iron Demo in Singapore   Exclusive Invitation to New Titleist 714 Iron Demo in Singapore I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 3:53 pm

Exclusive Invitation to New Titleist 714 Iron Demo in Singapore 714%20Image 
Here at Titleist South East Asia, we are gearing up and getting very excited about the launch of the new Titleist 714 Irons. Available in AP1, AP2, CB and MB models, the new Titleist 714 irons will hit the shelves across South East Asia on the 8th of November 2013. 

As members of Golf Republic, it is with great pleasure that I would like to invite 10 of you (and a friend) to a sneak peak of the new irons in Singapore at an hour long demo of the new irons at Marina Bay Golf Club Driving Range on October 23rd 2013. 

Precision engineered for advanced performance, the new Titleist AP1 and AP2 irons deliver longer flight with increased forgiveness and a more solid feel. The new Titleist CB and MB irons, high performance, tour-proven forged blade irons, provide maximum shot control with improved address profiles and enhanced feel through the turf. To hear more about these exciting new releases, check out these blog posts on Team Titleist South East Asia: 

http://www.titleist.com.sg/teamtitleist/sea/b/blog/archive/2013/09/03/titleist-introduces-new-ap1-and-ap2-irons.aspx 

http://www.titleist.com.sg/teamtitleist/sea/b/blog/archive/2013/09/03/titleist-introduces-new-cb-and-mb-irons.aspx 

The day will be split into 1 hour sessions, with 10 people to each session (the first session starts at 2pm and the last starts at 8pm). In your session, you will begin by being introduced to the new irons and the changes and performance benefits of each new model will be explained. Then you will have plenty of time to demo each of the models, with our product experts on hand to advise you as to which model is best for you. 

To register your interest and book a spot for yourself and 1 friend, kindly email me at thomas_hutton@acushnetgolf.com. Please specify your name and telephone number and the name, telephone number and email of your invited friend. 

There are ten spots available for members of Golf Republic members and they will be allocated on a first come first serve basis, so if you want to attend, make sure you get back to me ASAP. 

Let me know if you have any questions. I look forward to seeing those of you who attend next week. Cheers. 

Tom Hutton 
Golf Ball Product and Consumer Connection Manager 
Titleist South East Asia
Back to top Go down
Titleist
Titleist Staff
Titleist

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive Invitation to New Titleist 714 Iron Demo in Singapore   Exclusive Invitation to New Titleist 714 Iron Demo in Singapore I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 11:09 am

Hi All, 

I still have some spaces left for this demo on Wednesday. If you would like to attend, please make sure you email me ASAP to secure your space at thomas_hutton@acushnetgolf.com. 

I look forward to seeing many of you on Wednesday. Cheers. 

Tom Hutton
Golf Ball Product and Consumer Connection Manager
Titleist South East Asia
Back to top Go down
18underPar
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
18underPar

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive Invitation to New Titleist 714 Iron Demo in Singapore   Exclusive Invitation to New Titleist 714 Iron Demo in Singapore I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 11:25 am

Ohhhhh man, wish we could be there, but it's a 20 hour flight from where we are!
Back to top Go down
http://www.EighteenUnderPar.com
ahhhling
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive Invitation to New Titleist 714 Iron Demo in Singapore   Exclusive Invitation to New Titleist 714 Iron Demo in Singapore I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 6:21 pm

Tried the irons, loved it, especially the MBs!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/ahhhling
Sean76
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Sean76

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive Invitation to New Titleist 714 Iron Demo in Singapore   Exclusive Invitation to New Titleist 714 Iron Demo in Singapore I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 8:04 pm

Anymore demo upcoming?
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive Invitation to New Titleist 714 Iron Demo in Singapore   Exclusive Invitation to New Titleist 714 Iron Demo in Singapore I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 10:04 pm

Oh, shucks! I missed the boat ... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
HitSoft
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive Invitation to New Titleist 714 Iron Demo in Singapore   Exclusive Invitation to New Titleist 714 Iron Demo in Singapore I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 12:36 pm

Hi guys,

I was fortunate to have an opportunity to be part of the sneak preview of the Titleist 714s at the local driving range kindly organized by Acushnet. Here's just some of my thoughts of the 714s which I thought to share just to put more information and opinions out there Smile

Now coming back to my experience today, my excitement was pretty much already boiling over as I was walking over to the row of Titleist staff bags at a section of the driving range where the titleist flags/sails were up and billowing about in the breeze. Needless to say, I was simply dazzled when I caught sight of the new 714s. They were. Simply. Breathtaking. All of them. Pre-release/Tour photos of the series have been out for a while now, but I must say they look even better in person. The AP2s were stunning with the blend of shiny chrome and matt satin, and the brushed satin of the MBs and CBs in the sun just had this understated, subtle beauty about them. The AP1s too had a very modern look with a shape which Titleist have improved on a lot coming forward from the 712s. 

I could wax lyrical about the beauty of the new irons, but I'll cut the long story short and get straight into my experience hitting some balls with the new 714s.

714 AP2s
Shaft: NS-PRO 950 Stiff
I started off right away with the AP2s. The satin of the club face as compared to the chrome of other clubs such as the MP-54/MP-64 does help with alignment and tackling the glare, and it just goes to show how much thought Titleist has put into designing the 714s. In terms of feel, I was just blown away by how soft it felt. Much softer than the 712 AP2s, and with a muted firm click that just enhances the soft feel. Having hit the MP64s, I do much prefer the feel of the AP2s which is soft but solid feeling at the same time as opposed to the soft, melty feel of the MP64s. It is definitely softer feeling than the 712 AP2s as well, which the Titleist rep explained stems from the redesigned medallion in the cavity. 
Ball flight wise, the 6-iron I hit does have a stronger (slightly lower) flight as compared to the 712s and pretty similar to the launch characteristics of the Callaway X-forged. However, I did notice that I was picking up around 5-10m more distance with the 714s than the 712s. It is very forgiving as well, with thin shots having a decent launch trajectory with minimal distance loss (just more roll and less spin). In short, the 714s were just simply wonderful to hit. 

714 CBs
Shaft: Dynamic Gold
The CBs looked so classic and gave off such strong tour-only vibes that I just had to give it a hit. Putting it down by the ball, it does look a little more intimidating than the AP2s with a thinner topline and a little less weight in the club head, but really nice all the same and should fit the eye of those who prefer the look of a blade / players' iron. After hitting a few shots with it, it did feel marginally softer as compared to the AP2s, but this could just be down to the fact that the AP2s tungsten weights/cavity dampens and mutes the impact while the CBs are thinner and provide more feedback. Ball flight wise, the CBs seem to flight the ball noticeably stronger though this could of course be due to the dynamic gold shaft compared to the NS PRO.
Feel-wise, the CBs feel purer than the AP2s. But I saw a more significant distance loss on thin/fat shots as compared to the AP2s. The slightly lighter clubhead weight does also make it less "auto-pilot" on the downswing compared to the AP2s. The feel though, along with the MBs, is nothing short of pure. 

714 MBs
Shaft: Dynamic Gold
The sexiest club around. The topline is razor thin with minimal offset. I knew I just had to hit a few shots with this club when I saw it in the staff bag even though I was nervous just seeing how thin and blade-like it was. 
Hitting the first shot pure, I was just speechless and stunned. Not just because I didn't expect to pure it in the first place but because the softness and the feel of hitting that blade was just something that's indescribable. It wasn't muted softness, nor buttery melty mizuno softness, but just firm softness/soft firm-ness. The ball flight was very obviously more penetrating compared to the AP2s, and it did fly a little further than the AP2s as far as I could tell even though I know that does not make sense. Hitting a few more shots pretty well, I was just amazed at the feel and the ball flight. I would say, don't be afraid to give the MBs a shot just because it's a blade (cue all the usual words regarding hitting blade irons). 

Didn't get the chance to hit the AP1s though so I'm sorry for the lack of input with regards to that! Hope these help give you guys a better idea of what to expect with the 714s before you guys get a swing with them yourselves Smile

Cheers Smile
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive Invitation to New Titleist 714 Iron Demo in Singapore   Exclusive Invitation to New Titleist 714 Iron Demo in Singapore I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 12:51 pm

Thanks for sharing your experience with the new range of irons Hitsoft.

A good read. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive Invitation to New Titleist 714 Iron Demo in Singapore   Exclusive Invitation to New Titleist 714 Iron Demo in Singapore I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 1:07 pm

Thanks for the write-up, Hitsoft ... It would be great if Acushnet has various shaft options for golfers to try up ... Titleist
Back to top Go down
HitSoft
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive Invitation to New Titleist 714 Iron Demo in Singapore   Exclusive Invitation to New Titleist 714 Iron Demo in Singapore I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 1:10 pm

Turbo wrote:
Thanks for the write-up, Hitsoft ... It would be great if Acushnet has various shaft options for golfers to try up ... Titleist
They did have the KBS tour/c-tapers, project x, dynamic gold, and ns pros on-site that day to test if I remember correctly. I remember one guy giving the c-tapers a try that day but I still prefer the feel of the NS PROs. still much softer compared to the rest of the shafts Smile just personal preference though
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive Invitation to New Titleist 714 Iron Demo in Singapore   Exclusive Invitation to New Titleist 714 Iron Demo in Singapore I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 1:15 pm

HitSoft wrote:
Turbo wrote:
They did have the KBS tour/c-tapers, project x, dynamic gold, and ns pros on-site that day to test if I remember correctly. I remember one guy giving the c-tapers a try that day but I still prefer the feel of the NS PROs. still much softer compared to the rest of the shafts Smile just personal preference though
My pal juz invested in a set of 714MB irons w/PX5.5 shafts ... He has to custom-ordered his because he is a lefty ... I believe the new 714MB versus its predecessor, 712MB is primarily cosmetic ...
Back to top Go down
HitSoft
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive Invitation to New Titleist 714 Iron Demo in Singapore   Exclusive Invitation to New Titleist 714 Iron Demo in Singapore I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 1:19 pm

Turbo wrote:
HitSoft wrote:
Turbo wrote:
My pal juz invested in a set of 714MB irons w/PX5.5 shafts ... He has to custom-ordered his because he is a lefty ... I believe the new 714MB versus its predecessor, 712MB is primarily cosmetic ...
Yup, it's cosmetic but there's a few changes that I think makes it an improvement from the 712MBs Smile
For one, Titleist gave it a pre-worn leading edge to improve turf interaction. So it'd probably help prevent the leading edge from digging too deep into the ground. 
(all the more important playing in Singapore especially after play resumes following the lightning alert. the fairways are just crazy soggy after rain!)
Back to top Go down
paul@golf
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
paul@golf

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive Invitation to New Titleist 714 Iron Demo in Singapore   Exclusive Invitation to New Titleist 714 Iron Demo in Singapore I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 2:07 pm

double sucks.....i missed out too.....Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Titleistfanvic
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Titleistfanvic

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive Invitation to New Titleist 714 Iron Demo in Singapore   Exclusive Invitation to New Titleist 714 Iron Demo in Singapore I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 7:55 pm

I heard that there will be another demo at MBGC on 9th Nov? But I'm not sure about the time though, anyone knows?
Back to top Go down
HitSoft
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive Invitation to New Titleist 714 Iron Demo in Singapore   Exclusive Invitation to New Titleist 714 Iron Demo in Singapore I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 10:43 pm

Titleistfanvic wrote:
I heard that there will be another demo at MBGC on 9th Nov? But I'm not sure about the time though, anyone knows?
11.00am - 4.00pm Smile
Back to top Go down
HitSoft
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive Invitation to New Titleist 714 Iron Demo in Singapore   Exclusive Invitation to New Titleist 714 Iron Demo in Singapore I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 10:45 pm

recall1977 wrote:
Anyone knows when will there be another 714 demo?
9 Nov, 11.00 - 4.00pm - Marina Bay Driving Range
12 Nov, 6.00 - 9.00pm - NSRCC
16 Nov, 11.00 - 4.00pm - OCC
20 Nov, 6.00 - 9.00pm - Warren Country Club
30 Nov, 11.00 - 4.00pm - Jurong Country Club
Back to top Go down
paul@golf
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
paul@golf

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive Invitation to New Titleist 714 Iron Demo in Singapore   Exclusive Invitation to New Titleist 714 Iron Demo in Singapore I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 11:56 am

tks bro, i wont miss it tis time! kumsia kumsia Beer
Back to top Go down
recall1977
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive Invitation to New Titleist 714 Iron Demo in Singapore   Exclusive Invitation to New Titleist 714 Iron Demo in Singapore I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 9:29 pm

Thanks for the information!
Back to top Go down
Titleistfanvic
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Titleistfanvic

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive Invitation to New Titleist 714 Iron Demo in Singapore   Exclusive Invitation to New Titleist 714 Iron Demo in Singapore I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 9:41 pm

Thks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive Invitation to New Titleist 714 Iron Demo in Singapore   Exclusive Invitation to New Titleist 714 Iron Demo in Singapore I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Exclusive Invitation to New Titleist 714 Iron Demo in Singapore
Page 1 of 1