Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Austin Hill Golf Course

Go down 
+20
ChrisD
Derek
maverick0118
grwilliam
sillytesky
kinglc
Fastgreen
lighter
TDO
Turbo
Gray
dreamwaters
temjin
edtv75
robin1_sg
Joo78
stickman
sp
hkhamateur
wtapz
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
wtapz
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Austin Hill Golf Course Empty
PostSubject: Austin Hill Golf Course   Austin Hill Golf Course I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 9:28 pm

Any bro play at Austin recently?
How is the condition and total how many holes are there?
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: Austin Hill Golf Course   Austin Hill Golf Course I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 9:57 pm

wtapz wrote:
Any bro play at Austin recently?
How is the condition and total how many holes are there?
Was a member there till new ownership two yrs back.Cool 
Reno completed fr frt 9 alr n condition was good accordg to my kakis who was a member still. Wink 
Heard fm him last mon tat they ll be close fr say abt 2mths fr a full completion n will b a new challenge.Very Happy 
You can play 9 x 2 n see fr yrself the tough level of this course. Many golfers used to fear Austin where they ll invited to game there! pale
Back to top Go down
wtapz
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Austin Hill Golf Course   Austin Hill Golf Course I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 10:22 pm

Bro thanks for the info... You know the direction to austin? Which is the fastest route via EDL?
Back to top Go down
sp
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Austin Hill Golf Course   Austin Hill Golf Course I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2013 10:14 pm

From EDL out from Kota Tinggi/Pandan exit. after Big Aeon (previous Carrefour), first exit (before Tesco) turn left, go straight No.4 traffic light turn left go around 500 ~ 600m Austin Hill (Now call Austin Heights Golf Resort is on your right)
Back to top Go down
stickman
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Austin Hill Golf Course   Austin Hill Golf Course I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 5:24 pm

Last I heard was, they will close the remaining 9 hole, (HILLS course) from 21 Oct 2013 onwards to do up the course. The other 2x 9 hole is not ready yet.

Therefore there will be no golfing there from 21 Oct onwards.
Back to top Go down
Joo78
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Austin Hill Golf Course   Austin Hill Golf Course I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 1:37 pm

Yup, confirm. I was there late last month to check things out. The 9 in front of the club house is bear land with construction. Only 9 holes left. Once these 9 are done, they will renovate the remaining 9. So projected time of completion is late 2014.

No point to go for 9 holes as well as condition of the remaining 9 is not very good.
Back to top Go down
robin1_sg
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Austin Hill Golf Course   Austin Hill Golf Course I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 12:35 am

I remember playing there years ago when they already started the revamp. The course condition back then was bad. At the rate it is progressing, it will take another few years before it is finally complete.. Sleep
Back to top Go down
edtv75
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Austin Hill Golf Course   Austin Hill Golf Course I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 9:22 am

One word : Horrible....

Lets wait.
Back to top Go down
temjin
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Austin Hill Golf Course   Austin Hill Golf Course I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 11:13 am

was there last sat.. tough course and challenging for me (beginner).. condition can be much improved..
Back to top Go down
dreamwaters
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
dreamwaters

PostSubject: Re: Austin Hill Golf Course   Austin Hill Golf Course I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 9:45 am

bring more balls there... becoz it will reach the middle of the fairway and disappeared!
Shocked
Back to top Go down
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Gray

PostSubject: Re: Austin Hill Golf Course   Austin Hill Golf Course I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 12:08 pm

do they use cow grass?
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: Austin Hill Golf Course   Austin Hill Golf Course I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 12:30 pm

Gray wrote:
do they use cow grass?
Cow grass still but filled rather than botak fairways..Wink
Austin Hill has never been easy. One hve to handle the tight n narrow fairway first. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Austin Hill Golf Course   Austin Hill Golf Course I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 1:47 pm

hkhamateur wrote:
Gray wrote:
do they use cow grass?
Cow grass still but filled rather than botak fairways..Wink
Austin Hill has never been easy. One hve to handle the tight n narrow fairway first. Laughing
Yeah, better to use USED balls if one cannot drive straight ... Laughing
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Austin Hill Golf Course   Austin Hill Golf Course I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 2:04 pm

robin1_sg wrote:
I remember playing there years ago when they already started the revamp. The course condition back then was bad. At the rate it is progressing, it will take another few years before it is finally complete.. Sleep
Wait till you see how long Poresia take to complete just the Guardhouse.Mad  It's now close to 6 months and still not completed. Even if you place a brick a day, it would have been completed.
Back to top Go down
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Gray

PostSubject: Re: Austin Hill Golf Course   Austin Hill Golf Course I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 2:33 pm

will skip austin hills then. dont enjoy golf on cow grass.

why go for that when there are many decent alternatives at slighlty higher prices. Palm, legends, ponderosa, tanjong puteri etc
Back to top Go down
lighter
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
lighter

PostSubject: Re: Austin Hill Golf Course   Austin Hill Golf Course I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 6:33 pm

Was there last weekend. The course in front of the club house is under renovation, doesnt look like it's going to be ready anytime, the land is just mud. The condition of the 9 holes is quite bad, I usually lost on average 1-3 balls but i lost almost 10 balls there. The green is hard to read, and the buggy condition is bad too. But its cheap la, RM127 for 2x9 hole on weekend.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Austin Hill Golf Course   Austin Hill Golf Course I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 6:35 pm

Because I am member, it's the nearest to Singapore and I can reach home before 12.30pm after morning game. So we bear with it.Sad 
Back to top Go down
Fastgreen
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Austin Hill Golf Course   Austin Hill Golf Course I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 7:55 pm

Any update on Austin Hill GC? The re-construction complete? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
sp
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Austin Hill Golf Course   Austin Hill Golf Course I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 9:56 pm

I think all the course closed for rebuild only other facility can be used.
I used to be a member there but surrender due to from 36holes to 27 holes after that reduce to 9 holes and now all course closed.
Back to top Go down
Fastgreen
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Austin Hill Golf Course   Austin Hill Golf Course I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 6:59 pm

Hi, still no update on a Austin Hill? Somehow, with prices going up in JB, the good courses are very limited nowadays. Sad
Back to top Go down
kinglc
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Austin Hill Golf Course   Austin Hill Golf Course I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 7:20 pm

Isn't e 9H opened?
Back to top Go down
stickman
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Austin Hill Golf Course   Austin Hill Golf Course I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 11:03 am

The last I heard was all the course in Austin hill is closed for upgrading....
Back to top Go down
kinglc
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Austin Hill Golf Course   Austin Hill Golf Course I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 9:34 pm

Thanks for the updates.
Back to top Go down
sp
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Austin Hill Golf Course   Austin Hill Golf Course I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:25 pm

Still close for returf jobs.
Back to top Go down
sillytesky
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
sillytesky

PostSubject: Re: Austin Hill Golf Course   Austin Hill Golf Course I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2014 9:33 pm

Heard the course re-open?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Austin Hill Golf Course   Austin Hill Golf Course I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Austin Hill Golf Course
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next