Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

BMW Championship

Go down 
+10
Denis
Technospaz
DGman
sob
kenneth18
Daztasiumz
Turbo
hkhamateur
TDO
18underPar
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

BMW Championship - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMW Championship   BMW Championship - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 11:51 am

Oh..oh...wat a luck! Crying or Very sad 
Beside media camera crews, nowsaday you get lots of ipod & Samsung photographer too. Cool 
Tx buddy sob & Dartz. Wink
Back to top Go down
Daztasiumz
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Daztasiumz

PostSubject: Re: BMW Championship   BMW Championship - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 12:11 pm

Turbo wrote:
Daztasiumz wrote:
watch his reaction.. lol
He declared that he accidentally moved the ball or someone/the official saw it? If the former, he was not very enthical as a professional gofler ...
Think a freelance cameraman Baotou him. Most prob not a tiger fan

If Steve was there.......... He will surely tell tiger off
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: BMW Championship   BMW Championship - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 12:24 pm

What's with Rory... horrible scoring. I wonder if it's because of the clubs he's using now and that (perhaps) he's not the golfer we all thought he'd be.
Back to top Go down
sob
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
sob

PostSubject: Re: BMW Championship   BMW Championship - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 9:45 pm

[th]CATEGORY[/th][th]TOTALS[/th]
Fairways hit14/14
Greens in reg.17/18
Total putts23
1-Putts12
-- ESPN Stats & Information

Jim's stats for his magical 59
Man that's one hot putter!
Back to top Go down
Denis
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Denis

PostSubject: Re: BMW Championship   BMW Championship - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 1:07 am

I bet TW knew. He was carefully trying to remove d twig that was by d ball...he wouldn't have missed d movement. Plus, when the ball moved, he stop immediately.

He mentioned d ball oscillated. Whats d rule on that? Oscillation is ok?
Back to top Go down
18underPar
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
18underPar

PostSubject: Re: BMW Championship   BMW Championship - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 7:57 am

Technospaz wrote:
What's with Rory... horrible scoring. I wonder if it's because of the clubs he's using now and that (perhaps) he's not the golfer we all thought he'd be.
definitely hard to live up to the standard he played up to last season.. probably a combination of things, maybe he's taken on too much this year? might be his swing now more than the clubs, but just guessing.. golfingworldtv put together a cool video talking about his statistics for 2013 versus 2012

http://www.eighteenunderpar.com/inside-the-game-rory-mcilroy/
Back to top Go down
http://www.EighteenUnderPar.com
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: BMW Championship   BMW Championship - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 10:14 am

Ryo Ishikawa was offered lots of contracts and endorsements at the end of last year. he took the time to test out all the potential sponsors equipment.

in the end he did not choose the brand that pays the most but the equipment he can use. In fact i was told he pick the brand that paid the least of all the major brands.

some years back Gmac paid the price when he switched for 400K more and he struggled for a good year and a half before they were able to build something close to his former equipment.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: BMW Championship   BMW Championship - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 11:42 am

TW is climbing up the leaderboard at -9 after 3rd round to be in contention ... Watch up Furyk & Stricker ... The Tiger is hot on the prowl!

J Furyk -13
S Stricker -12
B Snedeker -11
Z Johnson -10
T Woods -9
C Shwartzel -8
R Moore -8
H Mahan -7
R Sabatini -7
N Watney -7
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: BMW Championship   BMW Championship - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 12:16 pm

Hunter Mahan aces the No. 17 in 3rd round ... Fantabulous!

Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: BMW Championship   BMW Championship - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 12:23 pm

Highlights of J Furyk's solid 59 round ... Everything seemed to be moving in the right direction in this round of his ... Awesome!

Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: BMW Championship   BMW Championship - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 12:38 pm

B Horschel eagled No. 16 in Round 2 in magnificent fashion ...

Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: BMW Championship   BMW Championship - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 12:43 pm

S Stricker eagled No. 15 Round 3 ... Dead center to the bottom of the hole ... One heck of a wedge shot he has had there! Absolutely fantastic!

Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: BMW Championship   BMW Championship - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 4:39 pm

http://www.golfchannel.com/media/golf-central-update-tiger-woods-penalized-091313/

TW assessed 2-stroke penalty for moving the ball. 

The ball in the video clearly moved downwards in my view, there was a distinct pause from TW (as he was moving away twigs) when it happened.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: BMW Championship   BMW Championship - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 10:28 am

Bad weather halted play. Only a handful have managed to complete the final round. Rory McIlory & Dustin Johnson were two of the handful who completed the final round on Sunday ... Tournament will resume on Monday.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: BMW Championship   BMW Championship - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 10:57 am

From the video, the ball did moved, not oscillate as claimed by TW. Wink 

But, what the heck, that small little movement of not more than 2mm did not improve the lie. Instead, the ball sank slightly deeper into the ground. 

Golf rulings are sometimes quite ridiculous. Now with media scrutiny, it's even worse. And to make things even worse than being worse, it is simply because the one being scrutinised so happen to be called Tiger Woods, #1 player in the world. Now which media wouldn't this sort of news.Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
s-killer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
s-killer

PostSubject: Re: BMW Championship   BMW Championship - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 11:03 am

TDO wrote:
From the video, the ball did moved, not oscillate as claimed by TW. Wink 

But, what the heck, that small little movement of not more than 2mm did not improve the lie. Instead, the ball sank slightly deeper into the ground. 

Golf rulings are sometimes quite ridiculous. Now with media scrutiny, it's even worse. And to make things even worse than being worse, it is simply because the one being scrutinised so happen to be called Tiger Woods, #1 player in the world. Now which media wouldn't this sort of news.Rolling Eyes 
Rules are rules, they are meant to be there so that everyone can play a fair game

IMHO, even movement of less than 1mm cannot be excused, no matter what. And it depends on the integrity of individual golfer to report it honestly.

I can't remember which tournament, but a golfer self declare penalty even though the Marshall did not spot any error. Something like his golf club touches the long grass in the rough and it is only spotted after that round by a video replay.

That i call integrity. Unfortunately not for TW in this case.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: BMW Championship   BMW Championship - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 11:28 am

Like I said above, the scrutiny is more intense because he is Tiger Woods. Many TW haters are out to get him, fair play or not. He is the centre of attraction for his personal life. And many just like to link his personal life to sport, which I find is unfair. Leave his personal life out of the game and let the man move on with his future.

How many of us (honestly) would penalise outself for that little bit of accidental movement in our social game. Even if my friend declared, Personally, I would not allow him to penalise himself since he had already been forthcoming, and that in itself, is an honest act. I respect that. So no penalty for the honest golfer if playing with me.
Back to top Go down
s-killer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
s-killer

PostSubject: Re: BMW Championship   BMW Championship - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 11:34 am

TDO wrote:
Like I said above, the scrutiny is more intense because he is Tiger Woods. Many TW haters are out to get him, fair play or not. He is the centre of attraction for his personal life. And many just like to link his personal life to sport, which I find is unfair. Leave his personal life out of the game and let the man move on with his future.

How many of us (honestly) would penalise outself for that little bit of accidental movement in our social game. Even if my friend declared, Personally, I would not allow him to penalise himself since he had already been forthcoming, and that in itself, is an honest act. I respect that. So no penalty for the honest golfer if playing with me.
There is a price for being World number 1 golfer. If cannot take the heat, don't be at that position and complain he is being scrutinized.

It is a good gesture for you, bro TDO. Personally i don't mind my flight-mate making minor mistakes. We are playing this game of golf for fun and laughter, and that's another reason i don't like to bet. Betting complicates mattes.

But being in a tournament is a different scenario altogether, and i still think that TW deserves that 2 stroke penalty.

Btw, i don't think this particular incident is related to his personal life whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: BMW Championship   BMW Championship - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 11:39 am

In a way, I agree with you bro s-killer. Sometimes, it's the ego that'S difficult to let go. I have call penalty strokes on myself without my flightmates' knowledge a few times before. But I do felt better afterwards even though it was difficult to swallow at the initial stage.Smile 
Back to top Go down
18underPar
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
18underPar

PostSubject: Re: BMW Championship   BMW Championship - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 2:14 pm

crazy weather delay, gonna be a monday finish now for the BMW Championship. pouring rain, can't believe they tried to play through as much as they did.. we put together a recap of the first 3 rounds of the tournament though!

http://www.eighteenunderpar.com/bmw-championship-rounds-1-to-3/
Back to top Go down
18underPar
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
18underPar

PostSubject: Re: BMW Championship   BMW Championship - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 1:12 am

final round has started a couple hours ago, TW not playing too well, he's at 8-under total (+1 today)... jim furyk still on a hot streak, he's at 14-under total now with a one stroke lead over NICK WATNEY (who is having a great round, 7 birdies, 1 bogey) and zach johnson.

great to see Luke Donald near the top of the leaderboard too, he's at 10-under total for the championship and in 5th place. hope he makes it to the tour championship next week with this finish!
Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
ChrisD

PostSubject: Re: BMW Championship   BMW Championship - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 2:50 am

Excellent putting from Zach.
10 to 20 feet seems easy.
Nice win.
Back to top Go down
18underPar
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
18underPar

PostSubject: Re: BMW Championship   BMW Championship - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 7:25 am

great win by zach, sneaking in there with a final round 65. fun tournament to watch! the top 5 in the fedex cup is now:

1. Tiger Woods
2. Henrik Stenson
3. Adam Scott
4. Zach Johnson
5. Matt Kuchar

Last edited by 18underPar on Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
andygohwc
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: BMW Championship   BMW Championship - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 10:36 am

furyk and stricker faded but kudos to Zach for making several clutch birdies..great final round with the pressure. One of the nicest, grounded player on tour. Great win and hope he does well in the Tour Championship!
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: BMW Championship   BMW Championship - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 10:40 am

andygohwc wrote:
furyk and stricker faded but kudos to Zach for making several clutch birdies..great final round with the pressure. One of the nicest, grounded player on tour. Great win and hope he does well in the Tour Championship!
Yea...great win fr Zach Johnson, an all round Tour pro.cheers
Thou Furyk has his magic drinks..but faded still?.Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BMW Championship   BMW Championship - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BMW Championship
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next