Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Deutsche Bank Championship

Go down 
+10
ParTee
TDO
s-killer
wtapz
kennyky
Daztasiumz
Turbo
18underPar
Technospaz
AMC
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
AMC
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Deutsche Bank Championship Empty
PostSubject: Deutsche Bank Championship   Deutsche Bank Championship I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 12:06 pm

Tiger, Scott, Lefty grouped at Deutsche Bank
Golf Central

• By Ryan Lavner
  • Aug 26, 2013 6:45 PM E

Deutsche Bank Championship %7B1D65C658-6FE7-497A-B7E6-ED5097BCC6E5%7Dwoods_api13_wed_cu_dr_610
If Tiger Woods can make it to the 10th tee Friday morning, he’ll be part of a high-powered trio that figures to be the center of attention at the Deutsche Bank Championship.
Woods is scheduled to tee off with Adam Scott and Phil Mickelson at 8:40 a.m. ET Friday (10 tee) and 1:10 p.m. (1 tee) Saturday at TPC Boston. They are Nos. 1, 2 and 3, respectively, in the latest FedEx Cup standings. 
Woods has a strong history at the 100-man event, which benefits his Tiger Woods Foundation. He has finished outside the top 11 only once in eight career starts, including a victory at TPC Boston in 2006. Last year, he finished solo third.

Full Deutsche Bank tee times for Rounds 1 and 2

Scott is coming off a victory at The Barclays, which further bolstered his Player of the Year hopes, and Mickelson roared into contention there with a final-round 65. 
Other groups of intrigue include the FedEx Cup’s 4-5-6 trio (1:10 p.m. Friday, 8:40 a.m. Saturday) of Matt KucharJustin Rose and Brandt Snedeker. Kuchar and Rose, in particular, will have to recover quickly after Sunday disappointments at Liberty National. Kuchar shot a final-round 78 to plummet out of contention, while Rose missed a 5-foot par putt on the 72nd hole that would have put him in a playoff.
Zach Johnson, who skipped the playoff opener to attend his brother’s wedding, returns to action this week in Boston. He’ll be paired the first two rounds with Harris English and Bubba Watson (8:28 a.m. Friday, 12:58 p.m. Saturday).

Steve Stricker, at No. 28 in the standings, also makes his 2013 playoff debut after sitting out the opener. The 46-year-old has thrived in his first year of semi-retirement, and hasn’t finished worse than 12th in his last four starts. For the first two rounds at TPC Boston he’ll be grouped with Charl Schwartzel and Jimmy Walker (12:58 p.m. Friday, 8:28 a.m. Saturday). 
Other groups to watch:
• Dustin JohnsonRickie Fowler and Charles Howell III (1:10 p.m. ET Friday, 8:40 a.m. Saturday) 
• Roberto Castro, Nick Watney and Rory McIlroy (12:46 p.m. ET Friday, 8:16 a.m. Saturday) 
• Jason DayBilly Horschel and Webb Simpson (12:46 p.m. ET Friday, 8:16 a.m. Saturday)

Last edited by AMC on Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AMC
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Deutsche Bank Championship   Deutsche Bank Championship I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 12:08 pm

Deutsche Bank Championship AP080612054157
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Deutsche Bank Championship   Deutsche Bank Championship I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 12:09 pm

TW FTW.

My bets are on TW this time.
Back to top Go down
AMC
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Deutsche Bank Championship   Deutsche Bank Championship I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 12:13 pm

Why the PGA Tour's Player of the Year Award is far from decided
MONDAY, AUGUST 26, 2013

By Alex Myers
Tiger Woods' valiant effort at the Barclays came up just short on Sunday at Liberty National. It could wind up being the difference in the PGA Tour's Player of the Year Award race as well. 
Adam Scott's win has made the Aussie a serious contender with three playoff events left to play. Here's a rundown of where the top candidates stand right now.

Deutsche Bank Championship Blog-scott-woods-0826-thumb-470x310-103448

TIGER WOODS
In his favor: Five wins, including the Players and two World Golf Championships. Woods also leads the PGA Tour in scoring average and his victory total is more than double his nearest competitor.
Knock against him:While Woods has had by far his best season since 2009, he still wasn't able to end his drought in major championships. That goose egg has left the door open for others.
Needs to happen: Not much, which is a good thing for Woods, who was clearly bothered by a bad back down the stretch at Liberty National. Instead, his fate rests more in what others around him do. Specifically, Woods probably can't afford any of 2013's major winners walking away with the FedEx Cup. Despite no major titles, Woods is still the favorite at this point to pick up an 11th Player of the Year Award. Another win would make it a lock.

ADAM SCOTT
In his favor: A green jacket and a win to start the FedEx Cup Playoffs at the Barclays, in which he topped Tiger Woods, Justin Rose, Gary Woodland and Graham DeLaet by one thanks to a Sunday 66 at Liberty National. Scott also played the four major championships better overall than anyone else. Of the 13 players who made the cut in all four, he tied with Jason Day with the best aggregate score (Two-over-par total). He also became the first player since Padraig Harrington in 2008 to have three top-five finishes in golf's marquee events in the same year.
Knock against him: He only has two wins, perhaps in part due to a sparse schedule.
Needs to happen: If Scott wins another playoff event and/or claims the FedEx Cup trophy, he would be tough to catch. Cue the "Steve Williams has won the most FedEx Cups" jokes if that happens.

Related: The 2013 major championships in review

PHIL MICKELSON
In his favor: A claret jug and a win at the Waste Management Phoenix Open.
Knock against him: It's tough to criticize anyone for finishing runner-up at the U.S. Open, but had Mickelson come through at Merion like he did at Muirfield, then we wouldn't even be having this discussion. Also, while his Scottish Open win was impressive, it wasn't a PGA Tour-sanctioned event.
Needs to happen: Mickelson might not need to win his first FedEx Cup title to claim his first POY, but he'd have to pick up at least another victory to overtake Woods or Scott. Winning the Tour Championship like he did four years ago would probably accomplish both goals.

JUSTIN ROSE
In his favor: Rose broke through for his first major championship at the U.S. Open in June. He also has two runner-up finishes on the PGA Tour this year.
Knock against him: One of those runner-up finishes came at the Barclays when he three-putted the final hole to miss out on a playoff with Scott by one shot. Had that gone a little differently, we'd be talking about him as the strongest challenger to Woods.
Needs to happen: Rose has to win at least one of the final three events and walk away with the FedEx Cup trophy to keep Europe's streak of two straight POYs (Luke Donald and Rory McIlroy) going.

JASON DUFNER
In his favor: A Wanamaker Trophy that he won thanks to arguably the best ball-striking performance of the year.
Knock against him: The beginning of the season. It took Dufner awhile to regain the form that made him a breakout star in 2012, but since June he has T-4s at the U.S. Open and the Bridgestone Invitational to go with his victory at Oak Hill. But that first major of his career is also his lone win in 2013, meaning he has a lot of catching up to do.
Needs to happen: Dufner needs to win two of the final three playoff events and claim the FedEx Cup. Like his fellow major winners in 2013, he'd also need Woods to not win again.

Related: 9 pricey moments in FedEx Cup history

MATT KUCHAR
In his favor: Wins at the WGC-Match Play and the Memorial. Runner-ups at Colonial and the Canadian Open. A perfect 20-for-20 in cuts made and sixth on tour in scoring average
Knock against him: Although Kuchar's two wins came in big events, he failed to win a major. He also hurt his case with a final-round 78 at the Barclays after being a 54-hole co-leader.
Needs to happen: A lot. Kuchar is a longshot, but what happens if he wins the last three events? Five wins, plus the FedEx Cup, might just be enough for his fellow players to vote for him instead of Woods. Some campaign buttons couldn't hurt, either.
Back to top Go down
18underPar
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
18underPar

PostSubject: Re: Deutsche Bank Championship   Deutsche Bank Championship I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 12:07 pm

it's gonna be great to watch adam scott, tiger woods and phil mickelson get paired together.. hope tiger's back gets better by then!

the pga tour has put up a couple of great videos as we get closer to the deutsche bank championship though, check it out:

signature moments:   http://www.eighteenunderpar.com/signature-moments-deutsche-bank-championship/

top 10 shots:   http://www.eighteenunderpar.com/deutsche-bank-championship-top-10-shots/
Back to top Go down
http://www.EighteenUnderPar.com
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Deutsche Bank Championship   Deutsche Bank Championship I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 2:42 pm

Yes, Tiger!!! Nike Golf
Back to top Go down
Daztasiumz
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Daztasiumz

PostSubject: Re: Deutsche Bank Championship   Deutsche Bank Championship I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 9:38 pm

Turbo wrote:
Yes, Tiger!!! Nike Golf
Tiger -1 right now
Back to top Go down
Daztasiumz
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Daztasiumz

PostSubject: Re: Deutsche Bank Championship   Deutsche Bank Championship I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 9:40 pm

Mickelson -2
Adam Scott +1
Back to top Go down
Daztasiumz
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Daztasiumz

PostSubject: Re: Deutsche Bank Championship   Deutsche Bank Championship I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 10:59 pm

Lefty on fire -7 1st 9
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Deutsche Bank Championship   Deutsche Bank Championship I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 11:27 pm

Daztasiumz wrote:
Turbo wrote:
Yes, Tiger!!! Nike Golf
Tiger -1 right now
Bro Daz, u watching online now? Which link?
Back to top Go down
Daztasiumz
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Daztasiumz

PostSubject: Re: Deutsche Bank Championship   Deutsche Bank Championship I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 12:12 am

Watching on TV bro
Back to top Go down
kennyky
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Deutsche Bank Championship   Deutsche Bank Championship I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 12:41 am

http://norwaysport.co.uk/stream19.html
Back to top Go down
18underPar
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
18underPar

PostSubject: Re: Deutsche Bank Championship   Deutsche Bank Championship I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 2:14 am

wow, what a round by phil!! exciting golf, but looks like he's continuing his strong play from sunday at the barclays! it's gonna be a good tournament !!
Back to top Go down
http://www.EighteenUnderPar.com
wtapz
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Deutsche Bank Championship   Deutsche Bank Championship I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 12:14 pm

Any link to watch online?
Back to top Go down
s-killer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
s-killer

PostSubject: Re: Deutsche Bank Championship   Deutsche Bank Championship I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 7:11 pm

I am hoping forna link as well ...
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Deutsche Bank Championship   Deutsche Bank Championship I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 1:14 am

Sergio Garcia -13 (completed 2nd round)
Roberta Castro -12 (completed 2nd round)
Matt Kuchar -10 (completed 2nd round)
Brendan De Jonge -8 (completed 2nd round)
Jason Day -8 (completed 2nd round)
Steve Stricken -8 (completed 2nd round)
Keegan Bradley -8 (Have not teed off 2nd round yet)
Justin Rose -8 (Have not teed off 2nd round yet)
Ian Poutler -8 (Have not teed off 2nd round yet)
Phil Mickelson -8 (Have not teed off 2nd round yet)
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Deutsche Bank Championship   Deutsche Bank Championship I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 1:30 pm

Sergio Garcia leading by 2 at -19 ... Whilst Henrik Stenson at -17 after 3rd round ... Play delayed  due to bad weather ...
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Deutsche Bank Championship   Deutsche Bank Championship I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 7:38 am

Congrats to Henrik Stenson!! 

This is his 3rd PGA wins! He has been in the top 3 for the last three tournaments ...
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Deutsche Bank Championship   Deutsche Bank Championship I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 8:25 am

I was expecting this man to win after his consistent play over the last few tournaments.
Congratulations to Henrik for a deserving win.cheers 

Last edited by TDO on Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ParTee
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
ParTee

PostSubject: Re: Deutsche Bank Championship   Deutsche Bank Championship I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 8:36 am

Turbo wrote:
Congrats to Henrik Stenson!! 

This is his 3rd PGA wins! He has been in the top 3 for the last three tournaments ...
He has been very consistent in the last few major
tournaments. 
Another very cool and steady player who do not
displayed much emotion.
With this win, he has overtaken TW  as the top in
FX Cup points . Congrats!
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Deutsche Bank Championship   Deutsche Bank Championship I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 10:04 am

Yes, his time has come ... He finished 2nd at the 2013 Open Championship, another runner up at World Golf Championship-Bridgestone Invitational and finished 3rd at the PGA Championship ... Awesome feat! 

I believe he will win his first major in the next season if he could sustain his form ...
Back to top Go down
Daztasiumz
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Daztasiumz

PostSubject: Re: Deutsche Bank Championship   Deutsche Bank Championship I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 1:21 pm

Deutsche Bank Championship %7B6BE27065-F765-4BA9-86FD-929A2E78B23E%7D179381756_10
congrats henrik stenson

Deutsche Bank Championship %7BA4FF7462-912D-4EE8-B144-FDC1D66AFBD4%7D179381544_10

Deutsche Bank Championship %7BDAA00D63-8A12-4FB3-B64D-906BDF078823%7D178697676_10

any captions for this pic bro turbo
Back to top Go down
Flash
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Deutsche Bank Championship   Deutsche Bank Championship I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 3:45 pm

Henrik Stenson's weight transfer during the swing is one of the best & deliberate in the tour. He is the man to watch now Smile
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Deutsche Bank Championship   Deutsche Bank Championship I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 4:11 pm

Bro Dazt, here u go ...

"Hey Stevie, f*#king stop your grin! We shall see who got the last laugh ... " (Instead of shaking his hand, he pointed his middle finger at him behind the man in the middle)

Deutsche Bank Championship %7BDAA00D63-8A12-4FB3-B64D-906BDF078823%7D178697676_10
Back to top Go down
Daztasiumz
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Daztasiumz

PostSubject: Re: Deutsche Bank Championship   Deutsche Bank Championship I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 5:12 pm

Lol

Steve Williams seems so frdly these days
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deutsche Bank Championship   Deutsche Bank Championship I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deutsche Bank Championship
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next