Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wife as your caddie pairing

Go down 
+8
nutty88
hillgreen
golfool2009
Khorkar
Ant
flashpacker
Duval_S
Daztasiumz
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Daztasiumz
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Daztasiumz

Wife as your caddie pairing  Empty
PostSubject: Wife as your caddie pairing    Wife as your caddie pairing  I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 6:53 pm

By Ryan Lavner
Aug 20, 2013, 11:48 PM GMT+08:0022

Reed on wife-caddie: 'We don't plan on stopping'
Wife as your caddie pairing  {6C00CD30-F406-4E76-A9E6-CD8DEB41D529}Reed_Wyndham13_D4_wife_trophy_610
Last week, Patrick and Justine Reed became the first husband-and-wife team to win on the PGA Tour in more than 17 years.
The trial run for their player-caddie partnership came in spring 2012, during a Monday qualifier in Houston. It was 100-something degrees outside, and Reed overstuffed his staff bag with water bottles and rain gear that pushed the weight to about 50 pounds. “I made it the heaviest I could to see if she could do it,” he said.
Turns out Reed was the one who struggled in the humid conditions, while Justine (just 5-foot-1), he said, “was like she was still on the first hole, still energized and ready to go.”
“I knew at that point this is going to work,” he recalled Tuesday at The Barclays, just two days after winning the Wyndham Championship in a playoff. “We don’t plan on stopping any time soon.” 
Justine Reed has two bachelor’s degrees, in nursing and health admission, and put her career on hold to tote the bag for her husband.
“I’m lucky,” said Reed, 23, who got married last December. “There’s not a lot of men that can say that out here. I’m just so lucky to have somebody like that, and she’s such a fierce competitor and she’s always so composed that it feeds on me.” 

Comments22View / Post Comments

Golf Channel

Last edited by Daztasiumz on Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Wife as your caddie pairing    Wife as your caddie pairing  I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 7:23 pm

Dont think this will last....
Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Wife as your caddie pairing    Wife as your caddie pairing  I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 7:38 pm

Duval_S wrote:
Dont think this will last....
Why not?
Back to top Go down
Ant
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Ant

PostSubject: Re: Wife as your caddie pairing    Wife as your caddie pairing  I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 8:24 pm

Interesting couple. Gald they won - esp when it was a play off and his driver shot went into the rough partly block by the hanging trees leaves. But what a great shot he did - to less than 10 feet to the pin.... his wilfe when standing next to his golf bag look so petite..golf bag look humongous..! must be tough carrying his bag.. but hey ! it was a happy ending for them......! Quite sure they will be a wife/husband team for a while.
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Wife as your caddie pairing    Wife as your caddie pairing  I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 8:31 pm

I carried one of these bag once... and they are freaking heavy and it is no joke that its a lot of hard work.
Back to top Go down
golfool2009
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
golfool2009

PostSubject: Re: Wife as your caddie pairing    Wife as your caddie pairing  I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 10:29 pm

I think if we've got to the stage where some "men" are carrying their other half's handbag, then they can jolly well carry our golf bag.......
Back to top Go down
hillgreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
hillgreen

PostSubject: Re: Wife as your caddie pairing    Wife as your caddie pairing  I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 10:33 pm

Ant wrote:
Interesting couple. Gald they won - esp when it was a play off and his driver shot went into the rough partly block by the hanging trees leaves. But what a great shot he did - to less than 10 feet to the pin.... his wilfe when standing next to his golf bag look so petite..golf bag look humongous..! must be tough carrying his bag.. but hey ! it was a happy ending for them......! Quite sure they will be a wife/husband team for a while.
Yes agreed. 
That super shot out of rough into the green was a classy act.

This pairing is  commendable but I think still better to leave it to professional caddie.
Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Wife as your caddie pairing    Wife as your caddie pairing  I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 11:08 pm

As she has caddied for him since 2012, i think she is adept to continue to do so.
Hope to see more of them. Interesting pairing
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: Wife as your caddie pairing    Wife as your caddie pairing  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 11:05 am

Keep all the money within the family!!!

She is really petite and I am impressed that she can last 4 days.
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: Wife as your caddie pairing    Wife as your caddie pairing  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 6:54 pm

My wife used to caddie for me.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Wife as your caddie pairing    Wife as your caddie pairing  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 7:11 pm

shorthitter wrote:
man, i still caddie for my wife.....

ever since the 2nd kid....

your life is good....

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Wife as your caddie pairing    Wife as your caddie pairing  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 8:56 pm

golfool2009 wrote:
I think if we've got to the stage where some "men" are carrying their other half's handbag, then they can jolly well carry our golf bag.......
I see......so you been carrying your wifey's handbag!

Razz
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: Wife as your caddie pairing    Wife as your caddie pairing  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 9:34 pm

slinger wrote:
shorthitter wrote:
man, i still caddie for my wife.....

ever since the 2nd kid....

your life is good....

Very Happy
Used Too.........Very Happy  Now she caddies my beer from NTUC to the fridge....  far more important job than carrying golf clubs IMO!
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
Daztasiumz
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Daztasiumz

PostSubject: Re: Wife as your caddie pairing    Wife as your caddie pairing  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 8:43 am

Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: Wife as your caddie pairing    Wife as your caddie pairing  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 9:26 am

Fm the rough n difficult stance was a great shot to get it 2 on. Wow...cyclops 
Congrats Patrick & wife. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wife as your caddie pairing    Wife as your caddie pairing  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wife as your caddie pairing
Page 1 of 1