Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Odds of hitting a golf bag with your Golf Ball?

Go down 
+4
pocketace
Derek
monoshox15
nomic76
8 posters
AuthorMessage
nomic76
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Odds of hitting a golf bag with your Golf Ball? Empty
PostSubject: Odds of hitting a golf bag with your Golf Ball?   Odds of hitting a golf bag with your Golf Ball? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 11:43 am

Greetings fellow Golfers,

What's the odds of hitting your other flight mate's golf bag/buggy after hitting your shot?

Generally, we dun drive too near to the guy that is hitting his shot, preferably parking same alignment with the guy (at his back/rear).

The reason i asked this was that i actually hit a shot and it flew half left (hockey type of shots) and it hit the rear of my other flight mate's buggy (about 15 m away)!

we laughed over my bad shot and i felt bad that it even occurred. However, we were unable to find the ball despite searching around the buggy and removing the golf bags.

days later, my peer actually whatsapp me that the ball was found...inside the golf bag...and there was a hole created by the ball during flight.

So...the morale of the story...let's play golf safely...or...i can be dangerous during golf!!!

Cheers
Back to top Go down
monoshox15
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Odds of hitting a golf bag with your Golf Ball?   Odds of hitting a golf bag with your Golf Ball? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 11:46 am

nomic76 wrote:
Greetings fellow Golfers,

What's the odds of hitting your other flight mate's golf bag/buggy after hitting your shot?

Generally, we dun drive too near to the guy that is hitting his shot, preferably parking same alignment with the guy (at his back/rear).

The reason i asked this was that i actually hit a shot and it flew half left (hockey type of shots) and it hit the rear of my other flight mate's buggy (about 15 m away)!

we laughed over my bad shot and i felt bad that it even occurred. However, we were unable to find the ball despite searching around the buggy and removing the golf bags.

days later, my peer actually whatsapp me that the ball was found...inside the golf bag...and there was a hole created by the ball during flight.

So...the morale of the story...let's play golf safely...or...i can be dangerous during golf!!!

Cheers
i'd definitely be miles behind you if i ever play a round of golf with you. heh heh! 

enjoy the game!
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Odds of hitting a golf bag with your Golf Ball?   Odds of hitting a golf bag with your Golf Ball? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 12:00 pm

Hi nomic,

Good to know that you have the sense of social responsibility to feel bad about what happened but your friend is equally at fault for leaving the buggy in a position where you can hit it on a bad shot.

A lot of the times, especially if we are playing with regular kakis, we take things for granted and park stop our buggies ahead of the player taking the shot (especially if we are not sure where our own shot is and we are in a hurry to find our ball), but your story is a great reminder of the force generated by a golf ball while it is still accelerating.  If it had ricochet through the bag and the cage at the back of the buggy, I doubt it anybody would be laughing.

Good reminder to us all and if I am going to stop in front of a golfer hitting, I'll make sure i am at least 150m in front of him, not 15m!
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Odds of hitting a golf bag with your Golf Ball?   Odds of hitting a golf bag with your Golf Ball? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 12:02 pm

Last sat at nsrcc airforce. I hit my second shot from fw
There were some blue sticks (1 inch width) 5-10m in front of me that looped nylon rope to mark out GUR

I thought what are the chances of me hitting those thin sticks
Low and behold my shot clip it and ricocheted 90 deg left almost endangering bro Poresia 

Anything can happen man... Dangerous game
Back to top Go down
beehome
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
beehome

PostSubject: Re: Odds of hitting a golf bag with your Golf Ball?   Odds of hitting a golf bag with your Golf Ball? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 12:26 pm

bro nomic - nothing happens meaning no injury, no nothing, everyone can hv a little laugh.

BUT if your friend got hit and badly, I don't think anyone will laugh. Please be safe n enjoy golf!
Back to top Go down
tjy
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Odds of hitting a golf bag with your Golf Ball?   Odds of hitting a golf bag with your Golf Ball? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 12:41 pm

actually if it is a bad shot and your kakis are fine, then just laugh it off...

but there are seriously some golfers who are rather irresponsible... It happened about 2 weeks ago at a course in JB. My group consisted of 2 flights and are all full flight (4 person)... After the 1st flight tee-ed off, I gave way to a flight behind who only consisted of 2 person (knowing that they will have a long wait if we go first, and they can easily overtake the other flight at the next hole)....

The 1st flight was CLEARLY still within driving distance and I could still clearly see them walking to their balls to take a 2nd shot... instead of waiting, this guy just tee-ed off .... the ball ALMOST hit a friend of mine in the 1st flight... and he got the cheeks to tell his buddy in mandarin :" haha, nearly hit them".... 

I was on the verge of taking my driver to drive his head.. but no balls to do so.. end up tell the marshall...............
Back to top Go down
zhikang
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Odds of hitting a golf bag with your Golf Ball?   Odds of hitting a golf bag with your Golf Ball? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 1:21 pm

Sigh... reminds me of a shot I played in a charity game @ RCC Lake course. I was in the middle of a few trees but i thought i had a decent lie and a clear line out towards the fairway. Had some distance to go so took out my 5w and took a swing. What are the chances of hitting a thin young palm tree. Lo and behold i swung and then my ball made a thump sound and disappeared. Bro abadan was 20m to my left and saw the shot: the ball hit the trunk, looped up and backwards back onto the fairway 10m behind me. wtf. whoever can hit a 5w backward man...
Back to top Go down
nomic76
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Odds of hitting a golf bag with your Golf Ball?   Odds of hitting a golf bag with your Golf Ball? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 3:48 pm

Seriously....thanks for the sharing bros.

Golf is fun...but...after sharing with other golf kakis at coffee break today...it can surely whack/fracture a skull or bone.

My other golf kaki shared that the impact of a ball also hit a golf bag....and the number graphie 8 iron actually "broke/cracked" and he only realised few holes later when he needed to use it.

So let's imagine the flight impact.....

As such, pls be safe and dun assume....shit happens or...murphy will visit all the time.

Have fun in golf....safely
Back to top Go down
nomic76
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Odds of hitting a golf bag with your Golf Ball?   Odds of hitting a golf bag with your Golf Ball? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 3:51 pm

beehome wrote:
bro nomic - nothing happens meaning no injury, no nothing, everyone can hv a little laugh.

BUT if your friend got hit and badly, I don't think anyone will laugh. Please be safe n enjoy golf!
 Noted Bro Beehome...

Had no intention to cause any hurt. I had actually told my peer at the buddy to be careful...and to be "shielded" by the buggy as i am above to hit the ball...alas...it happened and i thank god he took my advice.

Nevertheless, not a pleasant experience and a paisay one too.
Back to top Go down
paul@golf
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
paul@golf

PostSubject: Re: Odds of hitting a golf bag with your Golf Ball?   Odds of hitting a golf bag with your Golf Ball? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 2:43 pm

hi jus to share mine experience too, was watchg a bro going to hit his 2nd shot from a sloping fairway to cheong for e green on 2, but hit his buggy mate's Driver which was on their buggy back, parked abt 4m away at 2 o'clock to his right! His shot hit e Driver's shaft jus below e head and fell off! lol can't imagine if his ball went thru their buggy & hit his buggy mate instead?! Head may not roll but sure landed in hosiptal bed wi e ball stucked on his neck or head liao, yes better play it safe and stay at an appropriate spot too. Lets enjoy golf and play it safe, lets practise Sports Safety everyone
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Odds of hitting a golf bag with your Golf Ball?   Odds of hitting a golf bag with your Golf Ball? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Odds of hitting a golf bag with your Golf Ball?
Page 1 of 1