Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

British Open - St. Andrews Photo Gallery

Go down 
AuthorMessage
tonyj5
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

British Open - St. Andrews Photo Gallery Empty
PostSubject: British Open - St. Andrews Photo Gallery   British Open - St. Andrews Photo Gallery I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 12:51 pm

Let me start by saying congratulations to Stacy Lewis for winning the 2013 Ricoh British Open, played on the Old Course at St. Andrews. Stacy birdied the final 2 holes to win by 2 strokes over Na Yeon Choi and Hee Young Park. Choi, who had a 3 stroke lead on the back nine, bogeyed 3 of the last 6 holes. Stacy's approach shot on the 17th hole, which set up her birdie, will be remembered for a very long time. After the tournament Stacy would say that it was the best shot of her life. Considering the circumstances, I couldn't agree more.

My wife & I arrived in St. Andrews on the Sunday morning before the tournament. We decided to check out the golf course about 9:30 PM that night. We parked our car and walked onto the "Old Course".
I was surprised to see that there was no security and that anyone could walk onto what I consider the most beautiful golf course I have ever seen. I walked behind the 18th green and looked out at the fairway. I pictured Jack Nicklaus walking up to the green to a standing ovation. I could never explain the feeling I got standing there. You would have to experience it yourself. I do know that many of the people I spoke to there, got that very same feeling.

Trying to describe this incredible place, and the village that is within walking distance, would be impossible. I hope you will enjoy these pictures.

http://www.tonyslpgareport.com/2013/08/the-st-andrews-photo-gallery.html
Back to top Go down

British Open - St. Andrews Photo Gallery
Page 1 of 1