Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Colour of Revenge is Green....

Go down 
+2
wtapz
asahi
6 posters
AuthorMessage
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

The Colour of Revenge is Green.... Empty
PostSubject: The Colour of Revenge is Green....   The Colour of Revenge is Green.... I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 12:06 pm

In case you have losing out in fairway hits to your regular golfing mates, this green monster may be the one to get you up on the stats!

The Oban Revenge shaft for driver. Flex code 4 for stiff flex. And at 65 grams. 

The Colour of Revenge is Green.... <a href=The Colour of Revenge is Green.... 9377204718_a1a2bc24ba

The Colour of Revenge is Green.... <a href=The Colour of Revenge is Green.... 9377203790_9ed97e164c

At the invite of DGman, decided to take this green monster out for a spin yesterday to compare against my incumbent 'Blue Bullet'.
Both shafts tested on Callaway Fit Extreme 9.5 at Close setting.
So here's a real layman's attempt at this review.

Feel Factor

Both shafts are easy to load but the Oban is definitely easier. Less boardy feel as compared to the BB.
At impact, the feel is similar to my BB. Very solid and slightly cushioned kinda feel.
There is also a slight 'whip' feel at the tip for the Oban. This will appeal to those who likes an active tip. A mid kick shaft with a 'whip' feel.

Look Factor

Green definitely the colour of the year......especially with my idol winning the Manulife wearing green on the final day; the colour much to my chagrin.
Attention grabbing and sporty looking. Sure to turn heads on course. What's not to like?!

Performance Factor

Lovely ball flight. Compared to the BB, less penetrative ball flight though it started low. Ball seems to spin more than the BB.
But total distance does not lose out much to BB at all. Sometimes on par or slightly behind.

All in, for those who are considering to get a premium shaft at a decent price, you may want to consider this. 
It is definitely a performance shaft. Having seen the performance of the driver shaft, it left me with no doubt but to order the 
hybrid shaft for my Callaway hybrid. Alas, the boss's fave quote came in again......'no stock!' 
(Word has it that another forumner came in before me and fixed the last 85 S hybrid shaft)
So LL, have to wait patiently........ 

p.s. Word has it that both brands of shafts are kinda related......go figure.
Back to top Go down
wtapz
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: The Colour of Revenge is Green....   The Colour of Revenge is Green.... I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 2:37 pm

Nice colour !!
Back to top Go down
nicasio
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: The Colour of Revenge is Green....   The Colour of Revenge is Green.... I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 9:47 pm

Good for you asahi....well done and hope to c u soon...and with that I think I should get 2/2 from you..
Back to top Go down
mowen
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mowen

PostSubject: Re: The Colour of Revenge is Green....   The Colour of Revenge is Green.... I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 10:06 pm

When can we try?? I also using Callaway Smile
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: The Colour of Revenge is Green....   The Colour of Revenge is Green.... I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 8:29 am

mowen wrote:
When can we try?? I also using Callaway Smile

Aiyah, you so free.....just pop by the Den lah.
Back to top Go down
SIMBA
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: The Colour of Revenge is Green....   The Colour of Revenge is Green.... I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 2:50 pm

This green monster is hell of a poison. Took it out for a ride this morning and I have decided to rob it! It is not going back to the den!! It's gonna be in my bag!! Lol.

This green monster is hell of a stable shaft. You guys out there Mai Tu Liao faster place ur order before its gone!! 

Like what agumon always say Try once regret once don't try regret forever!
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: The Colour of Revenge is Green....   The Colour of Revenge is Green.... I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 6:39 pm

i think some of our kakis might object....but since it is your birthday, i am sure there are exceptions...
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: The Colour of Revenge is Green....   The Colour of Revenge is Green.... I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 7:27 pm

Hmmm......exceptions made during birthday month for shaft trial....

Scribble down.....noted. 

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
SIMBA
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: The Colour of Revenge is Green....   The Colour of Revenge is Green.... I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 7:34 pm

Thank you sir!!!! Wahahaha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Colour of Revenge is Green....   The Colour of Revenge is Green.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Colour of Revenge is Green....
Page 1 of 1